Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I put one in the mail for "D-Unit". You never got it?
That was YOU??? I got the envelope but no picture!

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we doing 8 keepers again, or are we starting over or what have we decided on for next year?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely not starting over. I think 8 keepers sounds fine.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not committed to returning next year yet.

I really want a league that starts fresh.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what you're saying. I like points leagues as an accurate representation of player value, but there is something lacking when it comes to daily interest. I'm pretty open to any suggestions, but I don't want to start over unless we're going to fundamental overhaul the entire league, and there hasn't been much appetite for that so far.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care about accurately representing player value. Ever since I began playing Roto, every Points League I've done just isn't as compelling to me. There's more of a challenge to assemble a winning roto team, even if it does make things like Saves and Steals more valuable than they are in real-life baseball.

I liked this league because of the AL Only format, not because of the scoring system.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The add/drop system is the absolute worse. I can't stand waiting twice a week. I can't stand the blind bidding. Auction drafts are awesome... Auction add/drops are the pits. ...and I'm not saying this because my money is running low. I'm saying it because it's the truth. Freedom to add/drop during the season shouldn't be handcuffed. You live and die with your decisions. ..and if you're worried about daily activity, you should consider changing the way it works. If you have adds/drops twice a week, people will tend to check their teams twice a week.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't know he was added. I'll be glad to add him.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything this summer between my job and getting married.
I don't have the married thing as an excuse, but my job is kicking my ass and teeth in at the same time this summer.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The add/drop system is the absolute worse. I can't stand waiting twice a week. I can't stand the blind bidding. Auction drafts are awesome... Auction add/drops are the pits. ...and I'm not saying this because my money is running low. I'm saying it because it's the truth. Freedom to add/drop during the season shouldn't be handcuffed. You live and die with your decisions. ..and if you're worried about daily activity, you should consider changing the way it works. If you have adds/drops twice a week, people will tend to check their teams twice a week.
I like that you we bid on free agents. I just wish it were daily or maybe three times a week. My biggest complaint is when I put a claim on a guy, don't get him, and then am stuck with the guy I just wanted to drop more than anything. I have to have an A, B, and C choice of additions if I'm determined to rid my roster of a certain player. Otherwise, I'm stuck with him for 3 or 4 more days.

D, we all know you have a built-in advantage of being awake while all of us sleep at 3 a.m. eastern time when Yahoo transitions from one day of play to the next.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I like that you we bid on free agents. I just wish it were daily or maybe three times a week. My biggest complaint is when I put a claim on a guy, don't get him, and then am stuck with the guy I just wanted to drop more than anything. I have to have an A, B, and C choice of additions if I'm determined to rid my roster of a certain player. Otherwise, I'm stuck with him for 3 or 4 more days.

D, we all know you have a built-in advantage of being awake while all of us sleep at 3 a.m. eastern time when Yahoo transitions from one day of play to the next.
Yeah, DAILY would be best. Even if you have to keep the bidding.

Xio, you can't convince me that living in Hawaii is an advantage.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, DAILY would be best. Even if you have to keep the bidding.

Xio, you can't convince me that living in Hawaii is an advantage.
I hear the traffic in Hawaii is frickin' brutal, if that counts for anything.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Is anyone here interested, like me, in beginning a new league from scratch next season?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I am interested, but I like the auction system as is. I think it is both fairer and more interesting. If that prevents people from checking their lineups on a daily basis, I would suggest that we move to a head-to-head or a weekly lineup league.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I am interested, but I like the auction system as is. I think it is both fairer and more interesting. If that prevents people from checking their lineups on a daily basis, I would suggest that we move to a head-to-head or a weekly lineup league.
I like weekly lineups. I have no problem admitting that my attention span for a free, daily fantasy baseball league is not that high.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be against starting fresh...I love the core of my team and they are finally starting to put me in a position to compete (went from 5th place to 3rd place in the last month)
Old 07-04-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't know why, but I find setting my lineup in this league to be a chore. It's probably because my other two leagues are on Yahoo and it's easier to just flip over.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccB View Post
I'd be against starting fresh...I love the core of my team and they are finally starting to put me in a position to compete (went from 5th place to 3rd place in the last month)
It doesn't really matter to me. But I understand your point. And you coulda still had Mike Trout, too :)

Just kidding, let's not go down that route again
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
And you coulda still had Mike Trout, too :)
It still stings....
Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How about just less keepers this time around? Six?
Old 07-04-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How about just less keepers this time around? Six?
Not unless we scrap the waiver bidding. I spent my cash for my keepers.

If you want to be in a league that refreshes every year that's what the Diamond league does.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ugh. Just got home to find I forgot to set my lineup. Missed Fister's 31-point start.

Yeah, I've lost interest.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Injuries derailed me too. I give up.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You're less than 100 points back, D ...
Old 07-14-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Would like to swap Betances with Dan Straily on my ML roster please.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Got it......