Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been following the "Paleo" style of eating in recent weeks as part of an overall effort to improve my health. I recommend giving it a look for anyone looking for ways to improve their health.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ate a lot today, ATL!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you been able to work out with work?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now that I'm done with my summer classes I have a lot of free time and I've been used to waking up at 7 so I've decided to start working out again. Since all I do at the gym in the evenings is play basketball I'll hopefully get my workouts in in the AM.

I haven't worked out seriously in about a year. I got down to 179 last year working out, but sadly I've gained some of the weight back so I'm aiming for that again.

I could use some diet tips since I've been pretty horrible with that lately and my budget is very low for food funds.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I could use some diet tips since I've been pretty horrible with that lately and my budget is very low for food funds.
Cut out as many sugar filled, diet, alcoholic, etc drinks as you can stand and drink more water. It's a simple tip, but caloric drinks are the #1 reason for America's weight problem. Diet drinks obviously have little to no calories, but have other unhealthy ingredients and trick your brain into thinking you're getting sugar, which sabotages you if you're trying to cut sugar cravings.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I could use some diet tips since I've been pretty horrible with that lately and [b]my budget is very low for food funds.[b]

Grilled Chicken is your friend.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Have you been able to work out with work?
Not at all really. I usually work around 8-8, so a gym trip is out of the question. I try to get in a few rounds of rope work or circuit of pull ups, pushups and some weighted sit-ups before bed, but it only happens 3-4 times a week.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Not at all really. I usually work around 8-8, so a gym trip is out of the question. I try to get in a few rounds of rope work or circuit of pull ups, pushups and some weighted sit-ups before bed, but it only happens 3-4 times a week.

That sucks. Maybe a full body one day of the weekend?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
That sucks. Maybe a full body one day of the weekend?
I would like that, but the only issue is that the gym in my building blows and I really don't want to buy a gym membership for 1 or 2 workouts a week.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would like that, but the only issue is that the gym in my building blows and I really don't want to buy a gym membership for 1 or 2 workouts a week.
Yeah, I hear you. Wendler has a few solid two day templates, but nothing I'd want to do consecutive days. Also, Smolov is awesome.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just reminded why I go to the gym early in the morning and not in the evening. People are the worst kind of people.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I was just reminded why I go to the gym early in the morning and not in the evening. People are the worst kind of people.
hit us with the story.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
hit us with the story.
there is no grand story. just way overcrowded with douchey types.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we all should post some gym douche stories I have a **** load since I train at a college fitness center.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great idea. . .although whenever i actively try to think of a story it never comes to me. but then i'll randomly think of it later. so you start!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
great idea. . .although whenever i actively try to think of a story it never comes to me. but then i'll randomly think of it later. so you start!
Maybe you can't think of a gym douche story, because you are a gym douche. PLOT TWIST

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Maybe you can't think of a gym douche story, because you are a gym douche. PLOT TWIST
Oh God...
Old 07-10-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in the same boat as Rob. 10 hour workdays, 4 consecutive days a week. Having trouble finding the energy.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I just go shortly after getting up, otherwise it's not going to happen.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just go shortly after getting up, otherwise it's not going to happen.
Shortly after getting up for me is 330 am.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Count me in the same boat as Rob. 10 hour workdays, 4 consecutive days a week. Having trouble finding the energy.
Thirded. I work 55 hours a week and it's just brutal trying to work out. After work is not gonna happen. I gotta start getting up at 5am to do it, and going to bed at 10pm. I have to be at work by 7:30 so I can squeeze it in then.

If I still can't manage, I'm just going to have those 2-3 days a week cycles where you fit your entire body and muscle groups into a few days and just go really hard on them. It's not ideal but it's better then being lazy and not going.

I have been off the weights for a good year now trying to move and change jobs among other things, but I think I'm ready to get my schedule again. No2 Red and some protein is usually all I need. Along with a ton of water and turkey/ham sandwiches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Found the motivation and energy to get to the gym at 9 but here I am awake at 11 when I should be asleep by 830 to get to work at 4 for a 10 hour shift. Killed my chest but we'll see how worth it it was tomorrow when Im struggling to keep my eyes open at 10 am.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been working on gaining around 10-15 pounds this summer. So far i've only gained around 2....But my strength has increased (BP went up 40 pounds) so i'm not all that bummed.

What is a good protein snack to eat? (I've been going with turkey and almonds) Also, is it worth it to drink some type of post-work out?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are your guys resting heart rates? I usually take it when i'm just sitting down and about 20 minutes gap from a lot of activity, or when i'm going to bed/waking up. It's usually ranging from 58-66, give or take.

Also, haven't worked out in 2 weeks and my diet has been ****, and i'm paying for it with water weight, looking a little heavier. Time to get back to exercising and eating mostly clean.

Its kind of frustrating too because if i eat right and exercise i see results almost immediately, but i get lazy and stop, and start eating junk food again.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I've been working on gaining around 10-15 pounds this summer. So far i've only gained around 2....But my strength has increased (BP went up 40 pounds) so i'm not all that bummed.

What is a good protein snack to eat? (I've been going with turkey and almonds) Also, is it worth it to drink some type of post-work out?

Every week I just get a bunch of 99% fat free/low fat chicken tenderloins or breasts, season those bastards, and grill em up.