Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
When there's mediocre wings around.
Duh, but they're committing $100M to Dragic and Gordon (should the Hornets decline to match). That's unheard of.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Duh, but they're committing $100M to Dragic and Gordon (should the Hornets decline to match). That's unheard of.
Or maybe the Rockets match it as well. It's all possible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JKidd close to resigning with the Mavs, at least he'll end his career here. I guess no one else is wanting to play with us! Keep reading sources how Dallas was in talks with Nash, Dragic, and other guards, but not wanting to spend the money to pay someone long term. I hope we're not waiting for next summer for Chris Paul and Dwight to wait for another disappointment.

Kidd
Roddy B/Jones
Marion
Dirk/Wright
Haywood

Jared Cunningham
Jae Crowder
Bernard James the Sergent!

I just hope we get another gaurd or SF to add, my top choices would be OJ Mayo or Ray Allen.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas, how about Tayshaun for your Tyson Chandler/Rudy Fernandez trade exceptions? How about it?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the free world

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or maybe the Rockets match it as well. It's all possible.
That still leaves Dragic free to sign with whichever team he wants since he's a UFA

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rockets have offered Jeremy Lin a contract and have backloaded it to keep the Knicks from matching
http://t.co/qXhiqpGk

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get what's the big deal about Steve Nash. I never wanted him. Especially if it meant losing Shumpert, no way. I'm glad that trade didn't go through.

It makes no sense for the Knicks to make that trade. Give up a very promising young piece for a 2 year rental PG who can't play a lick of defense? No thanks.

I like Nash, and I think he makes sense for the Lakers, but for the Knicks he makes no sense. Why get Nash when we have Lin, who's gonna be an All-Star this year? Makes no sense.

And while I love Nash's offense, I can't stand his defense. For every play he makes offensively, he gives one up on defense. No thanks.

We're a championship team now as is, no need to change. We just need to mesh.

Lin. Melo. Stat. Chandler. Shump.

Knicks. (10 char)

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 07-05-2012 at 09:54 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Rockets have offered Jeremy Lin a contract and have backloaded it to keep the Knicks from matching
http://t.co/qXhiqpGk
The Rockets want the next Yao Ming.

Hopefully Lin doesn't take the deal. He can make so much more in marketing if he stays here.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That backloaded contract business needs to end. It's beyond ridiculous.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That backloaded contract business needs to end. It's beyond ridiculous.
Well RFA's have no control of if their team matches even if they dont want to be there so I think it's fair game, these players signing these backloaded contracts wouldn't do it if they still wanted to remain with their current teams.

And who are these teams really hurting in a few years the Rockets will be paying Asiik 15 mil and Jeremy Lin 10 mil, 25 mil for those two players combined, good luck building a winner with that.

With that said Houston looks pretty decent and don't forget Kyle Lowry but he and some of their assets can still be traded for a proven player.

PG: Kyle Lowry/Jeremy Lin/Shaun Livingston
SG: Kevin Martin/Jeremy Lamb
SF: Chandler Parsons/Royce White
PF: Luis Scola/Terrence Jones/Marcus Morris/Jon Leuer
C: Omer Asik/Patrick Patterson /Jon Brockman

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 07-05-2012 at 09:32 AM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Knicks could match it. They're concerned about the money lost from the luxury tax, but the revenue that Lin would bring in will easily make up for any luxury tax he costs.

I still think Lin will be a Knick.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't get what's the big deal about Steve Nash. I never wanted him. Especially if it meant losing Shumpert, no way. I'm glad that trade didn't go through.

It makes no sense for the Knicks to make that trade. Give up a very promising young piece for a 2 year rental PG who can't play a lick of defense? No thanks.

I like Nash, and I think he makes sense for the Lakers, but for the Knicks he makes no sense. Why get Nash when we have Lin, who's gonna be an All-Star this year? Makes no sense.

And while I love Nash's offense, I can't stand his defense. For every play he makes offensively, he gives one up on defense. No thanks.

We're a championship team now as is, no need to change. We just need to mesh.

Lin. Melo. Stat. Chandler. Chump.

Knicks. (10 char)
Because Asians vote him in, not because he deserves it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Because Asians vote him in, not because he deserves it.
Whether you feel he's an all star or not, he's still a very solid PG in this league. If he cuts down on his turnovers, he'll be in the upper tier of PGs.

We have scorers, we don't need him to drop 30 a night. We just need him to be good enough at PG, and I think he's very capable of doing that.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Lin and all, but an allstar? By what standards? lol

Nash to the Knicks would have benefited Lin by learning from Nash plus seeing Nash with D'Antoni's offense again would be exciting. Nash helps players like Carmelo, but Lin does not mesh well with Carmelo and that's proven. Nash+Carmelo with the 1st team and then letting Lin come off the bench running the court with out Carmelo on the court would've been a solid combo imo.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm reading that Alexey Shved might sign with a NBA team.

I'm a big fan. He's a very talented player.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I love Lin and all, but an allstar? By what standards? lol

Nash to the Knicks would have benefited Lin by learning from Nash plus seeing Nash with D'Antoni's offense again would be exciting. Nash helps players like Carmelo, but Lin does not mesh well with Carmelo and that's proven. Nash+Carmelo with the 1st team and then letting Lin come off the bench running the court with out Carmelo on the court would've been a solid combo imo.
We don't run D'Antoni's offense anymore. And it's not proven, Lin barely played with Melo last year. And when he did, they actually played well together. Lin's game dropped off maybe like 3 to 4 ppg, but that's it. Assists didn't change. The tempo changed, but Lin was still effective. It was Stat who hurt the most when Melo came back.

I think Lin is fine as a starter, if we can get Felton back to be his backup that will be a solid duo at PG for the coming year.

All Lin really has to do is cut back on turnovers. I think with a full offseason of coaching and meshing with his teammates, we'll see a lot less of that. Chemistry has always been the biggest hindrance to the Knicks, with so many pieces being thrown together over the past 2 years we never had a chance to develop any chemistry. Injuries killed us too. We were a walking band aid last year.

Thats why I think the best idea is to just keep the core together and let them mesh. We'll never have great ball movement, but as long as it's good enough, we'll be ok. I know we can score, and under Woodson our defense became the best in the league. If we can keep that going, continuing to be a great defensive team and cutting back on turnovers that plagued our offense, we can be a very dangerous team.

I honestly think ppl are sleeping on the Knicks this year. We're a lot better than ppl give us credit for.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 07-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lin is definitely going to beat out Deron, Rondo, and Kyrie (possibly Rose if he's healthy by then, too). you bet!
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly think ppl are sleeping on the Knicks this year. We're a lot better than ppl give us credit for.
Good, let people sleep on the Knicks....they'll be sure to jump on the bandwagon when they roll through teams during the regular season and playoffs next year.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Good, let people sleep on the Knicks....they'll be sure to jump on the bandwagon when they roll through teams during the regular season and playoffs next year.
Amen brother!

#KnicksIn2013
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooooooo many Suns fans on my FB were pissed about Nash going to a rival LA.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of the Dragic deal but it's not bad enough that we couldn't move him if we needed. Beasley is a steal at 6 mil a year though. I'm gonna assume New Orleans keeps Gordon unless they want some combo of Dudley, Brooks, Fropez, Morris in a S&T

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Any news on OJ Mayo? I thought he'd be a person that teams would be going after right now, but haven't heard anything.

Old 07-05-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD

Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amen brother!

#KnicksIn2013
#HeatRepeat2013