Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

I can't wait to get all 5 EP's and make different choices.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

I can't wait to get all 5 EP's and make different choices.

Last edited by Nalej : 06-30-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

Last edited by Splat : 06-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I started Arkham Asylum yesterday, it started a little slow but I'm starting to get in to it now.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stuck at one point. It sucks :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...me-collection/

Gotham City Impostors, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Renegade Ops coming to Plus today. Replacing Virtua Fighter 5, Hard Corp: Uprising, and Zombie Apocalypse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I just beat Arkham Asylum and thought it was pretty good. That said I didn't think it was the end all be all that some made it out to be.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just beat Arkham Asylum and thought it was pretty good. That said I didn't think it was the end all be all that some made it out to be.
Arkham Asylum is solid, but Arkham City is fantastic. Really tightens it up and a good story to go with it.

Been playing a lot of Road To The Show lately on 12 and Ive been thinking about getting NCAA 13 when it drops, though I have 12 and hope it won't be too similar..
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Arkham Asylum is solid, but Arkham City is fantastic. Really tightens it up and a good story to go with it.

Been playing a lot of Road To The Show lately on 12 and Ive been thinking about getting NCAA 13 when it drops, though I have 12 and hope it won't be too similar..
Apparently, there's going to be a lot more scouting involved in both Dynasty and Road to Glory modes. In RtG, it covers the week of practices.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Some of the Arkham Asylum challenges are pretty fun. It's nice to just beat up some bad guys with out having to start a new story.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Debating whether or not I want to buy NCAA 13 come Tuesday. I buy it every year but the past two years I haven't really played it that much.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I wish I would have got the 320 GB PS3, I got the 160 GB and I'm down to 56 GB's.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could always just buy a new hard drive for it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get a new hdd... Any laptop hdd works as long as it's 5400 rpm (no more). $60 on newegg
Old 07-05-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Can I swap everything I all ready have on this hdd to the new one? I'm pretty clueless about this kinda stuff.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can I swap everything I all ready have on this hdd to the new one? I'm pretty clueless about this kinda stuff.
Yup. It's easy.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may have to do it soon as well, since I just started inFamous 2 and even to load the game data I had to go delete some older games because there wasn't enough space.

So if I can't figure it out, I'm coming to complain to you guys. I'm hoping/guessing it's just like hooking up an external HD to a computer, so not too worried.

And speaking of inFamous 2, it's mildly entertaining, but meh. I remember the first being much more fun.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...person-shooter

Quote:
Activision has announced a new game based on The Walking Dead. Not to be confused with Telltale’s episodic The Walking Dead adventure game, Activision’s version is a first-person action game based on AMC’s The Walking Dead TV show.

Developed by Terminal Reality, The Walking Dead will revolve around Daryl Dixon and his brother Merle on a “haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.” Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection. According to Activision, “No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside in this new, post-apocalyptic world.”

Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive.”

The Walking Dead will hit stores in 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Few other details are available, but check out the game’s official site for more info in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for all the latest announcements about The Walking Dead TV show before it returns to AMC for season three later this year.
Other than the long wait between episodes I have really enjoyed Tell Tales take on TWD. I think this will just end up being another FPS.

That said I do love some Daryl and Merle.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played ep 2 yet but I can't wait to play it. I'm gonna try and wait a few more days to play it that way the wait for ep 3 isnt as long.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I haven't played ep 2 yet but I can't wait to play it. I'm gonna try and wait a few more days to play it that way the wait for ep 3 isnt as long.
TT has said EP3 will be out in mid August, so I'm just assuming it will come out in late September...

If it's as good as EP2 I can live with that.

Last edited by Splat : 07-06-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just sent in a order to Amazon for the Director's Cut of Heavy Rain. I had some credit on my account so got it for $8.

Last edited by Splat : 07-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Telltale Already Planning Second Season of The Walking Dead

Quote:
Telltale is already planning a second season of its massively popular episodic The Walking Dead series. Speaking with Polygon, the company revealed that it will serve up plenty more undead action in the future. The developer also noted its intention to release the current season at retail following its digital conclusion.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone bought one of these before for NCAA:

http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-.../dp/030789214X

Are they any good?
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:35 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave in and pre-ordered, NCAA will be arriving tomorrow.

I didn't buy NCAA or Madden last year and bought NCAA 11 two years ago but sold it back after a month, I was upset with how little the games have progressed for current gen-consoles and promised myself I'd boycott it for a couple years (like that would've done anything anyway). But as a hardcore football fan AND somewhat hardcore PS3 user I found it was really tough to go almost 2 years without a football game. I used to easily spend a hundred+ hours a year on NCAA, so this is one instance I have no problem paying the full price for a game... I usually wait a year or so after it's released and get it for $20 or under. With NCAA the replay value I get is worth it, I'll play this fairly consistently from now until next summer.

Anyone else pre-order it or plan on buying it tomorrow? It'd be pretty cool if we got a couple people from here to start an online dynasty mode.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushtaq23 View Post
Has anyone bought one of these before for NCAA:

http://www.amazon.com/NCAA-Football-.../dp/030789214X

Are they any good?
If you play a lot of online games and are fairly competitive about it I'd say it's worth it. I bought one for NCAA 08 or 09 and there was enough info where I felt comfortable with a team, knowing their strengths and weaknesses, before I even ran with them. They breakdown playbooks and give you a list of a few money plays, specifically for each team. IIRC it also has info on each team page on how to attack them as an opponent, which comes in handy.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote