Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Mavericks are looking real weak going into next year. No Kidd, Terry, and Chandler dating back to last years FA, what is Cuban looking forward to? Theyve missed on trying for Deron and Howard, and the second tier of FA are going elsewhere.
My guess is that they know Dirk has 2-3 more years, they're going to field an average club and try to pick up picks and underrated assets. The Thunder seem to have done well by stockpiling young talent.

At least I hope.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Young is signing with Philadelphia. does this mean they aren't bringing back Lou
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are crazy. Melo is absolutely a top 7 player in this league. He's at the very worst, the 2nd best pure scorer in the league (Durant being #1, although you can argue for Melo over Durant bc Melo has a post game), he's clutch, and while he's not the best passer, he's an excellent rebounder, and he's actually a pretty good defender when he cares, i.e. the playoffs.

And his passing is improving. People knock his passing too much, he actually does a decent job of passing out of doubles, guys just need to knock down shots.

He's not LeBron in terms of passing, but he's on Durant's level with passing. Durant isn't the best passer either, yet he gets a pass for it.

In fact, Durant is not the best defender either. You guys are so hypocritical.

Keep on hating though. Watch us play the Heat in the ECF this year.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 07-06-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Keep on hating though. Watch us play the Heat in the ECF this year. #KnicksIn2013
And lose. #HeatRepeatIn2013
Old 07-06-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was anyone but BBD saying that, Id respond with a counter argument.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And lose. #HeatRepeatIn2013
I won't say we'll beat the Heat, but I think we're the only team that can in the East right now. So we'll be your toughest opponent this coming year.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 07-06-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for the Heat to sweep the Knicks next year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I guarantee you the Heat won't sweep the Knicks next year.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because the Knicks won't make the playoffs?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well at least ur being nice. With some people u will bring up teams, and they will go OH THE HEAT WILL STRUGGLE AGAINST THEM! I mean mention the Bobcats. Oh, MKG is the man, he is gonna storm past the Heat, the addition of Ben Gordon is gonna make the Heat lose sleep! I mean everyone should start being honest and say I ******* hate the Heat. The Heat haters can first kiss Gonzalo LeBatard's old Cuban ass, and then they can kiss my young, white ass!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Because the Knicks won't make the playoffs?
Bc we're taking them to 7 games. 6 at worst.

We have the size in the front court to beat them, the closer to finish them off, and the PG to keep them guessing.

They don't want it with a healthy Knicks team. We can beat them.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well at least ur being nice. With some people u will bring up teams, and they will go OH THE HEAT WILL STRUGGLE AGAINST THEM! I mean mention the Bobcats. Oh, MKG is the man, he is gonna storm past the Heat, the addition of Ben Gordon is gonna make the Heat lose sleep! I mean everyone should start being honest and say I ******* hate the Heat. The Heat haters can first kiss Gonzalo LeBatard's old Cuban ass, and then they can kiss my young, white ass!
The Heat are, and will be the best team in the league for a while. But I do feel we have a fighting chance against them. We match up with the Heat.

Do I expect us to beat the Heat? No. I think the Heat in a 7 game series should beat us. But do I think we have a chance? Absolutely.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Everyone has a chance against the Heat...The Washington Generals have a chance...the Heat are not unbeatable.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You get the point. We'll be in it til the end. We're not pretenders like Chicago.

#KnicksIn2013
Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone has a chance against the Heat...The Washington Generals have a chance...the Heat are not unbeatable.
Who are you and what have you done with yoda...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'll say this:

If a healthy Knicks team plays the Heat in the playoffs this year, if we don't go at least 6 games against them, I will no longer post in this thread.

We either beat them in however many games, or if we do lose, it's going at least 6 games.

Mark it down.

And we'll destroy Chicago. Chicago sucks.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please please please let this happen
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You get the point. We'll be in it til the end. We're not pretenders like Chicago.

#KnicksIn2013
Lol you mean pretenders like the healthy Chicago team that went to the ECF 2 years ago, or pretenders like the Chicago team that lost their best player after 1 game in the playoffs, and at worst their 3rd best player like 2 games later? And yet you're the one saying "the Heat don't want a healthy Knicks team" as an excuse why you sucked more than the Bulls this year without two of their top players.

I get that you basically just troll to troll, but at least try to make good attempts every once in a while. I know you hate the Bulls because they are everything you want the Knicks to be in a franchise, as in they actually win something and don't have terrible band wagon fans, but come on do you really need to make terrible arguments to bring Chicago into every discussion just to show how jealous you are?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Lol you mean pretenders like the healthy Chicago team that went to the ECF 2 years ago, or pretenders like the Chicago team that lost their best player after 1 game in the playoffs, and at worst their 3rd best player like 2 games later? And yet you're the one saying "the Heat don't want a healthy Knicks team" as an excuse why you sucked more than the Bulls this year without two of their top players.

I get that you basically just troll to troll, but at least try to make good attempts every once in a while. I know you hate the Bulls because they are everything you want the Knicks to be in a franchise, as in they actually win something and don't have terrible band wagon fans, but come on do you really need to make terrible arguments to bring Chicago into every discussion just to show how jealous you are?
You honestly think the Bulls are better than the Knicks this coming year? No way!

I'm just stating facts, the Knicks are going to be better than the Bulls. The Bulls window has closed. You lost Asik. You'll probably lose Deng. Rose tore his ACL and won't even play this year, and who knows how he looks when he comes back. You still have Carlos Boozer.

The team's window has closed. It's over for the Bulls. It sucks that it had to end the way it did, but it's true. The Bulls aren't going anywhere this year.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD GTFO of this thread and stop posting.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bulls matched the offer sheet for Asik
Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Well that's even dumber. Bc now they have 20 mill a season tied up to 2 Centers who can't score.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only team(s) that can beat Miami are those with serious post threats that cannot be guarded by Chris Bosh. if Bosh can so much as keep them from going off, the odds are already against you. you absolutely MUST have the kind of post player that forces Miami out of their small lineup. otherwise they are 100% unbeatable in a 7 game series
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Well, it doesn't look like the Bulls are planning to pay anyone else at least for the next season, so hopefully they convince Deng to get that surgery and shoot for a lottery pick.

Going through a season with:

Teague/Lucas?
Rip/Hinrich?
Butler
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Asik

Should be pretttttty exciting.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-06-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follow my lead and ignore BBD. His persistent Knicks trolling is literally the worst thing on this site.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote