Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Woah buddy spamming us out? 8)

To make the sigs you have to get Photoshop.
I suggest pirating it.
I will send you a tutorial on how to do that... :)
Anyways I agree in modern era football, the kind of football that has taken everything away from defenses, the Ravens were the best in 2000.
I do think the Buccaneers had a great defense just not the best but that is just my opinion. I mean the Buc's defense destroyed the Raiders' O in the Super Bowl. It was great because I have always disliked the Raiders.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

who do you think the Raiders will pick?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Packer#50

Personally, I say JaMarcus Russell because Al Davis is supposed to be in love with Russell.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer#50 View Post
I hope to god they pick JaMarcus Russell, but I think Calvin Johnson.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like i said i want speedly LBers

3-4
DE- Cullen Jenkins
NT- Vince Wilfork
DE- Anthony Weaver
(main goal for the dline is to stop the run.)
OLB- Manny Lawson
ILB- Chaun Thompson
ILB-- Thomas Davis
OLB- Karlos Dansby
(the LBers main goal is to cause choas.)
CB- Al Harris
CB- Chris Gamble
(man on man coverage)
FS- Ed Reed
SS- Nick Collins
(lay out the wood)
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DE-Julius Peppers
DT-Tommie Harris
DT-Kevin Williams
DE-Jason Taylor

OLB-Dj Williams
MLB-Brian Urlacher
OLB-Derrick Brooks

CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Sean Taylor
SS-Ed Reed
CB-Rasheen Manthis
Old 04-14-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
DE-Julius Peppers
DT-Tommie Harris
DT-Kevin Williams
DE-Jason Taylor
(For the Dline...the main purpose is to cause CHAOS)

OLB-Dj Williams
MLB-Brian Urlacher
OLB-Derrick Brooks
(For the LB core the main purpose is to basically be better athletes and physically imposing)

CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Sean Taylor
SS-Ed Reed
CB-Rasheen Manthis
(for the DB just being amazing athletes)
Old 04-14-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really doesnt matter to me if it is a 3-4 or a 4-3 as long as they are executed properly. I would run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid to cause confusion. Here is my dream D for the 4-3, 3-4, and the hybrid

4-3

D-line(gobble up blocks but get pressure on the QB)
DE-Jullius Peppers
DT-Shaun Rogers
DT-John Henderson
DE-Aaron Kampman
LB(be speedy and find the ball quickly)
OLB-John Vilma
MLB-Brian Urlacher
OLB-Bart Scott(a bit of homerism but I love his determination)
CB-Champ Bailey
CB-Rashean Mathis
S-Ed Reed
S-Troy Polumalu

3-4
DE-Richard Seymour
DT-Jamal Williams
DE-Louis Castillo
OLB-Shawne Merriman
MLB-Tedy Brucshi
MLB-Donnie Edwards
OLB-Terrell Suggs
CB-Champ Bailey
CB-Rashean Mathis
S-Ed Reed
S-Troy Polumalu

Hybrid

DE-Jullius Peppers
NT-Jamal Williams
DT-Richard Seymour
DE/OLB-Jason Taylor
OLB-Adalius Thomas
MLB-Zach Thomas
OLB/MLB-Donnie Edwards
CB-Champ Bailey
CB-Rashean Mathis
S-Ed Reed
S-Troy Polumalu
Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can tell from reading this thread that a lot of people don't understand the basic principles of the 3-4 or how and why it works.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Look at the Jags though. they got 2 great DT's and they stuff the run like nobodys business.

4-3 is better against the run. stats might not indicate that though, because there is more big running plays against the 4-3 then the 3-4. But overall the 4-3 is definitly better then the run (but obviously the players involve matter as well)
Stop trying to sound smart because you are failing miserably!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
"Organized Chaos" is the best defense there is!!!
Amen Brother Amen! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the 3-4 is not as good as the 4-3, just teams arent used to the 3-4 unless a division rival runs it and so suffer when they come up against it.

you go against a 4-3 everyday in training then play a 3-4 team once a year, ur obviously going to struggle
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Amen Brother Amen! :D
Recently like in the last few years I think they interviewed a WR that played you guys and he said it was just scary. He said it was the combination of the black jerseys and the speed and organization....just scary stuff.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3-4/4-3 hybrid
DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Vincent Wilfork
DE/DT- Tommie Harris
OLB/DE- Jason Taylor
OLB- Adalius Thomas
ILB/OLB-Mike Vrabel
ILB- Demeco Ryans
CB-Champ Bailey
CB- Rashean Mathis
FS- Ed Reed
SS- Chis Hope
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I were a coach I would run a 4-2-5(nickel) because you got your normal d line, then some monster linebackers. I'm talking like 280 lbs. Then you got your secondary that is always prepared for the pass. But I would keep a safety close to the line for that extra run support.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the purposes of argument: A 3-4/4-3 hybrid

DE - Richard Seymour
NT - Vince Wilfork
DE - Shaun Ellis

OLB - Shawne Merriman
ILB - DeMeco Ryans
ILB - Brian Urlacher
OLB - Julian Peterson

---

DE - Shawne Merriman
DT - Richard Seymour
DT - Vince Wilford
DE - Shaun Ellis

WLB - DeMeco Ryans
MLB - Brian Urlacher
SLB - Julian Peterson
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
For the purposes of argument: A 3-4/4-3 hybrid

DE - Richard Seymour
NT - Vince Wilfork
DE - Shaun Ellis

OLB - Shawne Merriman
ILB - DeMeco Ryans
ILB - Brian Urlacher
OLB - Julian Peterson

---

DE - Shawne Merriman
DT - Richard Seymour
DT - Vince Wilford
DE - Shaun Ellis

WLB - DeMeco Ryans
MLB - Brian Urlacher
SLB - Julian Peterson
That would be a sick defense.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I can tell from reading this thread that a lot of people don't understand the basic principles of the 3-4 or how and why it works.
Yup...my thoughts exactly.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yup...my thoughts exactly.
care to explain
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
care to explain
Alot of people are taking undersized 4-3 LBs and just throwing them in at ILB in the 3-4.

A 3-4 ILB is a tough physical run thumper type who can take on OGs in the trenches and shed blocks.

Guys like DeMeco Ryans, Brian Urlacher (even though he's big), Mike Peterson etc will not work in the 3-4 at ILB.

You need guys like Zach Thomas, Jeremiah Trotter, Antonio Pierce, Tedy Bruschi, etc. Guys like Ryans and Vilma can only excell as a WILB, and thats only if they have an extremely dominant NT in front of them like Edwards had at SD.

Look at Pittsburgh and NE as the prototype 3-4 defense as far as makeup goes. SD's 3-4 isn't a true 3-4 defense.

Also, Tampa 2 UTs are not good 3-4 DEs. Their roles are completely different. Thats why you see Tampa 2 UTs who get put in 3-4 DE roles almost always fail. 3-4 DEs are selfless guys who occupy blockers, UTs are penetrators. Completely different personality makeup for each position and its not a switch that you can turn on and off.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer#50 View Post
This is not the thread for this discussion man, also, no need for a doble post.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Alot of people are taking undersized 4-3 LBs and just throwing them in at ILB in the 3-4.

A 3-4 ILB is a tough physical run thumper type who can take on OGs in the trenches and shed blocks.

Guys like DeMeco Ryans, Brian Urlacher (even though he's big), Mike Peterson etc will not work in the 3-4 at ILB.

You need guys like Zach Thomas, Jeremiah Trotter, Antonio Pierce, Tedy Bruschi, etc. Guys like Ryans and Vilma can only excell as a WILB, and thats only if they have an extremely dominant NT in front of them like Edwards had at SD.

Look at Pittsburgh and NE as the prototype 3-4 defense as far as makeup goes. SD's 3-4 isn't a true 3-4 defense.

Also, Tampa 2 UTs are not good 3-4 DEs. Their roles are completely different. Thats why you see Tampa 2 UTs who get put in 3-4 DE roles almost always fail. 3-4 DEs are selfless guys who occupy blockers, UTs are penetrators. Completely different personality makeup for each position and its not a switch that you can turn on and off.

But with the hybrid like i described i think Demeco is perfect cuz he owuld play WILB

3-4/4-3 hybrid
DE- Richard Seymour
NT- Vincent Wilfork
DE- Tommie Harris
OLB- Jason Taylor
OLB- Adalius Thomas
ILB-Mike Vrabel
WILB- Demeco Ryans
CB-Champ Bailey
CB- Rashean Mathis
FS- Ed Reed
SS- Chis Hope

DE- Richard Seymour
DT- Tommie Harris (could interchange with seymour)
DT- Vince Wilfork
DE- Jason Taylor
OLB- Mike Vrabel
MILB- Ryans
OLB- Adalius

I think he would work in that hybrid for sure.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Mythos
Rookie

Mythos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

3-4 by a wide margin, IMO. If you look at the 10-15 worst defenses each year, it's almost all 4-3 and cover-2. Cleveland is the only 3-4 team down there and you could argue that's just due to the personnel overhaul.
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
3-4 by a wide margin, IMO. If you look at the 10-15 worst defenses each year, it's almost all 4-3 and cover-2. Cleveland is the only 3-4 team down there and you could argue that's just due to the personnel overhaul.
That is because there are so many more teams who run a 4-3.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the 43, John Fox has had 5 years, in 4 of those we've had a top 10 defense. Can't complain.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote