Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-09-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Because today will be so productive otherwise? In every game I've played, this is how the no lynch scenario has worked out; someone has proposed, someone else said it provides no information and everyone agrees with the second person. Come the next day, absolutely nothing about the first day's lynch gets used as evidence, meaning a good person(it has always been a good person in my experience, and numbers indicate that extreme likelihood this game as well) is dead for absolutely no reason.
I have often seen stuff said on day one used as reason for guilt later in the game. Hell, in the OC game Gonzo and vidae were going at it from day one. Don't tell me that didn't influence anything. With the no lynch, we probably lose someone night one and are at the same spot on day two. We don't have any new info, but we have at least one less person. I don't see how that helps the town.

Honestly, the person who stands out to me as most suspicious right now is Gonzo. I have never seen him advocate a no lynch in the past. Something there seems fishy.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Vote: Deep

I am usually for no lynch. What I am against is people not answering my questions and popping in and out, contributing nothing.
I was eating ******* lunch.

Quote:
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
I was eating ******* lunch.
No excuses!!! Hold up though, gonna read your last post.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No lynch should not be an option, and I really don't think Wes eating lunch constitutes a lynch either.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

No Vote (3) - CJ, Cigaro, JR
Deep (1) - Gonzo

With 21 alive, 11 are needed for majority.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have often seen stuff said on day one used as reason for guilt later in the game. Hell, in the OC game Gonzo and vidae were going at it from day one. Don't tell me that didn't influence anything. With the no lynch, we probably lose someone night one and are at the same spot on day two. We don't have any new info, but we have at least one less person. I don't see how that helps the town.

Honestly, the person who stands out to me as most suspicious right now is Gonzo. I have never seen him advocate a no lynch in the past. Something there seems fishy.
With a no lynch one less person dies. Really though, of all people I am the most suspicious? At least nobody can say I voted for you after you called me suspicious. If we decided to lynch I say we go for you so I won't be changing my vote.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am against Renji's plan. He'd have to be pretty dumb if he was mafia to make a plan like that known to everyone. It doesn't clear him but it is interesting. I personally am for a no lynch myself. This is a new game and there is a lot of unknowns so I feel it's best to let things play out for one night.

Vote: No lynch
Old 07-09-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No they weren't. I suggest you read that thread again.

And we lose one person and have no new information. Compared to losing two people and having no new information. I know which one I prefer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (4) - CJ, Cigaro, JR, Forenci
Deep (1) - Gonzo

With 21 alive, 11 are needed for majority.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No lynch is never a good idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No they weren't. I suggest you read that thread again.

And we lose one person and have no new information. Compared to losing two people and having no new information. I know which one I prefer.
We don't have no new information. That's completely false.

Look at what Gonzo said last game:

Quote:
**** a no lynch is all I gots to say.

EDIT: Fixed ebonics

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:

You know if you actually read past posts you would see that I addressed that. For being one of the people who wants others to play the exact same way every game, I stand by my vote to lynch you.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In every game I've played where no lynch was an option but not used, no new usable information came out from the lynch. That's completely true.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No lynch is never a good idea.
I think we can get just as much information from a no lynch as we can from lynching a person. We can look at who was adament about the no lynch, who was adament against it, and who tacked on a vote at the very end. This is the same way we look at lynching a random person. The only difference is that with the no lynch, we don't lynch a probable good guy.

Now if we get towards the 24 hour mark and no lynch hasn't caught any steam, I'll vote for an inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

For the record no lynch is helpful to the mafia. If I were mafia I would either be advocating a lynch or not weighing in much on the subject.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You know if you actually read past posts you would see that I addressed that. For being one of the people who wants others to play the exact same way every game, I stand by my vote to lynch you.
Your logic makes no sense to me. Every game has different roles and setups. Why choose this one for a no lynch? At this point, the majority of games seem to have some sort of twist. That doesn't mean we should no lynch.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
For the record no lynch is helpful to the mafia. If I were mafia I would either be advocating a lynch or not weighing in much on the subject.
I've known this since like 50 games ago. I have no idea why people still think of doing No Lynches so early in the game. No people are obvious at this point, but it's stupid to just do nothing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In every game I've played where no lynch was an option but not used, no new usable information came out from the lynch. That's completely true.
You know what's happened in every game I've played with a no lynch? We start from square one on day two with the same issues. No one knows who to vote for, and there is no new information. It is a complete waste of a day.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will not vote for a no lynch.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Your logic makes no sense to me. Every game has different roles and setups. Why choose this one for a no lynch? At this point, the majority of games seem to have some sort of twist. That doesn't mean we should no lynch.
This one is VERY different from other games. You are aware how ******** lynching someone for advocating a no lynch is correct? I thought you would have somewhat legitimate suspicions and of course you don't, you go after me with bad reasoning so when I turn up good you can just claim I would have hurt the town anyway. I am usually for a lynch day one to keep things fun but I do not want to risk lynching someone with a cool role we have never seen before day one. That would be a waste.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what's happened in every game I've played with a no lynch? We start from square one on day two with the same issues. No one knows who to vote for, and there is no new information. It is a complete waste of a day.
That's also what happens in almost every game where someone is lynched during the first day. We have nothing to go on, an investigator is forced to come out, but usually a good guy is lynched the second day too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I will not vote for a no lynch.
Join with me my friend. Let us take out Deep! I say there is a 40 percent chance he is evil.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This one is VERY different from other games. You are aware how ******** lynching someone for advocating a no lynch is correct? I thought you would have somewhat legitimate suspicions and of course you don't, you go after me with bad reasoning so when I turn up good you can just claim I would have hurt the town anyway. I am usually for a lynch day one to keep things fun but I do not want to risk lynching someone with a cool role we have never seen before day one. That would be a waste.
Did you see me vote for you? Please tell me where I did that, oh wise one. You voted for me for simply pointing out that you advocating a no lynch is odd, and it is. I didn't even vote for you. That is ******* brilliant.

The extent of my suspicion against you was saying your suggesting a no lynch was odd. That, and my opposition to a no lynch gets me a vote from you. You, sir, are a genius.

Now you turn to "fun" and "a waste". I don't give a **** about that. I want to win, and a no lynch hurts our chances of doing so.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've known this since like 50 games ago. I have no idea why people still think of doing No Lynches so early in the game. No people are obvious at this point, but it's stupid to just do nothing.
I am with you on this. At least it gives us something and it keep things fun. Of all games I have played though this would be the one to go with a no lynch. That said I have voted to lynch someone haha.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Which is the exact same scenario I just laid out for a day one lynch, except the day one lynch costs us an extra person to get to the same state of cluelessness.

Sig by Matthew Jones