Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I give you, a masterpiece.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 07-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw that netflix had immortals added to their stream so I watched it and enjoyed it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"We weren't finger-poppin' each others eeasshooles!"
Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Saw that netflix had immortals added to their stream so I watched it and enjoyed it.
Nice. I'll watch it tonight.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Immortals was garbage. Awful movie. As bad as it was, it still wasn't as bad as Wrath of the Titans, which I actually turned off (I'm one of those people who almost never turns off a movie unless I feel it would be a genuine waste of my time). Dear god that was a pathetic attempt at making a movie. I honestly don't quite understand how studios keep giving these talentless assholes hundreds of millions of dollars to make movies that are just ******* trash. It is truly one of the great mysteries of my life.

Also, after dealing with their ******** ass online ticket purchasing while trying to get some seats for The Dark Knight Rises, I now have to start plotting my revenge against the mouthbreathing morons who run Cineplex. I still got tickets for Saturday's show in IMAX, but **** them and the half hour of my life they stole on a 5 minute process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell us how you really feel

Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Immortals was garbage. Awful movie. As bad as it was, it still wasn't as bad as Wrath of the Titans, which I actually turned off (I'm one of those people who almost never turns off a movie unless I feel it would be a genuine waste of my time). Dear god that was a pathetic attempt at making a movie. I honestly don't quite understand how studios keep giving these talentless assholes hundreds of millions of dollars to make movies that are just ******* trash. It is truly one of the great mysteries of my life.

Also, after dealing with their ******** ass online ticket purchasing while trying to get some seats for The Dark Knight Rises, I now have to start plotting my revenge against the mouthbreathing morons who run Cineplex. I still got tickets for Saturday's show in IMAX, but **** them and the half hour of my life they stole on a 5 minute process.
I called up the museum of Civilization and got tickets for the midnight screening there. 15 bucks and the theatre is really damn comfortable.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see what was so bad about Immortals it was an action flick with fighting and blood, any guy should be able to enjoy it. I don't have high expectations for movies that we I enjoy more stuff then most people.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I called up the museum of Civilization and got tickets for the midnight screening there. 15 bucks and the theatre is really damn comfortable.
I'm going with a huge group of people Saturday, we were trying to coordinate seating...It didn't end well, to say the least. ******* Cineplex.

Quote:
I don't see what was so bad about Immortals it was an action flick with fighting and blood, any guy should be able to enjoy it. I don't have high expectations for movies that we I enjoy more stuff then most people.
I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more from an action movie then "fighting and blood". I don't see why action movies shouldn't be expected to still carry a story on. There are plenty of amazing action flicks out there that have all sorts of fighting, blood, violence, shooting, karate, etc. etc. and still manage to string together a halfway decent narrative. Immortals just wasn't one of them. It was poorly conceived, poorly executed, and just a poor example of an action movie, IMO. It's like that stupid John Carter movie, where someone poured 150+ million into your "fighting and blood" scenes and just let any sort of characterization, organic dialogue and plot fall to the wayside.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't understand people. A friend of mine recently proposed to his girlfriend at a drive-in screening of Wrath of the Titans, while a Nickelback song played over quotes from Nicholas Sparks movies.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just don't understand people. A friend of mine recently proposed to his girlfriend at a drive-in screening of Wrath of the Titans, while a Nickelback song played over quotes from Nicholas Sparks movies.
If it had been Dan Brown instead of Nicholas Sparks, the world may have imploded from the collective awfulness. Dan Brown is a blight upon not only literature, but humanity as a whole.

Yes, I'll take any chance I can to badmouth Dan Brown. **** that guy.
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

APS has some strong opinions today.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going with a huge group of people Saturday, we were trying to coordinate seating...It didn't end well, to say the least. ******* Cineplex.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more from an action movie then "fighting and blood". I don't see why action movies shouldn't be expected to still carry a story on. There are plenty of amazing action flicks out there that have all sorts of fighting, blood, violence, shooting, karate, etc. etc. and still manage to string together a halfway decent narrative. Immortals just wasn't one of them. It was poorly conceived, poorly executed, and just a poor example of an action movie, IMO. It's like that stupid John Carter movie, where someone poured 150+ million into your "fighting and blood" scenes and just let any sort of characterization, organic dialogue and plot fall to the wayside.
John Carter was actually fun. Predictable and cheesy, but still fun.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
APS has some strong opinions today.
I feel like they're justified, in light of the trash that has hit the movies lately.
Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
only good video game movie I can think of is Silent Hill and I've heard it has very little to nothing to do with the game
I liked Mortal Kombat, the first one.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm not sure if you folks are aware, but there is a new RoboCop remake set for release next year. This is going to be known as the era of infinite remakes. Seems like movie studios are just cashing in on the nostalgia craze that has been going on the last few years and now we're getting remakes to films that are barely over twenty years old. Anyways, here is a video of the viral campaign for the new OCP, or OmniCorp what they are calling it in this film. ED-209 looks more sleek and has even more artillery. And there is a small glimpse of what the new RoboCop will look like (can't really make out much though).

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Well I'm glad you didn't enjoy, because I sure did.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robocop should never be remade, unless we travel back to the 80's and get John Carpenter involved.

On that note, I saw The Thing prequel the other day. Pretty weak, but Winstead is still cute. And I can't describe it, since he is only in awful things, but I find myself rooting for Eric Christian Olsen.

I saw him in a preview for Celeste and Jesse Forever and it made me happy. Fun cast for that one - Samberg, Rashida Jones, Elijah Wood, ECO, Emma Roberts, Chris Messina. Not sure if it will amount to anything good, but it's a charming cast.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Well I'm glad you didn't enjoy, because I sure did.
What didn't I enjoy?

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I saw The Amazing Spiderman. It was better than I thought it was.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Robocop should never be remade, unless we travel back to the 80's and get John Carpenter involved.

On that note, I saw The Thing prequel the other day. Pretty weak, but Winstead is still cute. And I can't describe it, since he is only in awful things, but I find myself rooting for Eric Christian Olsen.

I saw him in a preview for Celeste and Jesse Forever and it made me happy. Fun cast for that one - Samberg, Rashida Jones, Elijah Wood, ECO, Emma Roberts, Chris Messina. Not sure if it will amount to anything good, but it's a charming cast.
Eh, I was totally excited for the RoboCop remake when Aronofsky was supposed to be directing. But I've heard good things about the guy who will be doing it, although I still haven't watched Tropa de Elite.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I liked Mortal Kombat, the first one.
I agree. First MK was pretty dope. Punch in the nuts to Goro. Priceless.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Some of the action scenes that required a sense of disbelief in order to be effective. Such as one of the brothers jumping off a very high apartment building and pretty much not dying. Also, when the two brothers are in the air duct and it breaks due to their weight the rope that is with them tangles them up and has enough leverage to support both of their weight...while at the same time the brothers are able to take out eight mafia members from one spot where they can't move hanging upside down. Just seemed like they would have the disadvantage in that situation, not the other way around. And for being such good marksman, when they encounter II Duce, they seem to hit everything except him when he's ten feet directly in front of all of them.

I also felt that II Duce having be their father out of the all the people on the planet was extremely contrived.

And just something else that wasn't necessarily something that didn't make sense, but I would have liked to have seen more of was the philosophy of what these brothers are doing challenged by someone else. We never really get any of that. We never get someone saying "hey what you are doing is wrong because so and so". Really, we just get more encouragement for the two brothers to continue with their form of vigilantism.
My interpretation is that all of these issues falls into two main themes prevalent in the film. One is the thought that "those things only happen in the movies" and the other being divine intervention.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was expecting the cat explosion to be in his critique as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
My interpretation is that all of these issues falls into two main themes prevalent in the film. One is the thought that "those things only happen in the movies" and the other being divine intervention.
I thought the divine intervention, and the whole "meant to be" thing was the big point of the film.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote