Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should just become an absolute laughingstock of a franchise like Edmonton and re-build that way.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
You should just become an absolute laughingstock of a franchise like Edmonton and re-build that way.
They kind of started that this year, then Edmonton won the lottery instead of them.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
They kind of started that this year, then Edmonton won the lottery instead of them.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post

P.P. Development Camp week!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BroKing
Rookie

BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroKing is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I saw that the Leafs are going to try JVR at center. Why?
Because Burke is a ******* moron. JVR is soft and defensively meh as a winger, and all of a sudden he's going to be better as a center? ***** please.
BroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In shocking news, Nash wants to go somewhere where he can be on NBC a lot.

Something should happen. I'm bored and there's not even training camp yet.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Looks like Tampa signed Purcell to an extension. He's a good top-6 piece but had an awful start last year. Vinny is as much of a question mark as one can be outside of their defense/goaltending, but I'm interested by Tampa this year. I want to see how Connolly grows and if Pouliot can do much. I also adore Nate Thompson. Carle/Salo/Lindback is a good amount of change on the backend, but it's not a whole lot that you can trust. We've seen how this team has bounced around from year to year, and I'm a Lindback fan, so I'm excited to see it.

Last thought - Eric Brewer is about 19 years younger than I thought he was.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't go to the Kings prospect camp this year, first time in a long time, but the hours they set were screwy and we didn't have enough players for a scrimmage, which are one of the main reasons i go

But reading some reports, Toffoli continues to impress - kid can score, and Tanner Pearson impressed folks this year.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I can't make any of the prospect camp, except for a paid scrimmage on Thursday if I'm able to. But oh man, do I want to see Armia, Grigorenko, and Girgensons. Armia will be in Finland and I hope Girgensons does go to Vermont (as he should), but Grigorenko is still a wildcard and I want to see how he handles this camp. I want to see him dominate just as much as I do with Hodgson, who really should dominate this kind of camp. Matching top-line centers in the scrimmage, I must see it!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa you guys have to pay for a scrimmage? I don't see the hockey culture in LA ever reaching those levels. I think we've only had one paid scrimmage vs the yotes prospects

PS - The Kings are the first team to offer Doan a contract

Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan : 07-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Whoa you guys have to pay for a scrimmage? I don't see the hockey culture in LA ever reaching those levels. I think we've only had one paid scrimmage vs the yotes prospects
We never have before. They moved it to the Sabres arena this year and came out that they were charging a small amount. I do know a ton of people that are going, still. Many are in sports journalism or have nothing better to do, but it's still odd to me and I don't want to go on principle.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very excited to see how well Despres does. Bylsma said that he could play with Letang this year.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Beau Bennett could get a look with the Pens' top 6 in camp this year. That'd be cool, but I want to see what the Pens have in Tangradi and let BB take a year in the AHL first before anything.

I really want Doan on Sid's line.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

keep dreamin' hines!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sharks re-sign Vlasic for 5 years, supposedly a cap hit of $4.2M per.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Couple of nice low-risk, decent reward contracts in the Southeast today. Mueller in Florida and Wolski on essentially a minimum contract in Washington. Capable players. One could be alright with opportunity, the other is an untrustworthy health gamble. I always hoped for both to do well.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Happy Teemu Day!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I changed my mind on Girgensons' path this year. He has mad skill and should be on our top line immediately. Okay, not really, but he is awesome.

I kind of feel bad for Hasek wanting to play in the NHL, again. It's just hard to think about him trying to sell himself to teams. He requested a meeting with us and we granted it to him out of respect, but there is no way to take that seriously.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Grigorenko and Girgensons have both signed.

Zemgus should play in Rochester this year, Grigorenko might get some trial time. Not sure what his plan is for the year. Could give him a look on the 3rd line with Ott doing faceoffs and shifting to LW. Not sure where Leino plays, then. 4th line with McCormick and Kaleta?

Anyway, Rochester should have some better forward talent this year. Adam, Varone, Girgensons, Mancari returns. Porter and Tropp.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avs AHL team is going to be stacked. Gaunce, Barrie and Elliott on D, Hishon, Connelly and maybe even Olver up front. Patterson, Pickard and maybe Aittokallio in net if he comes over.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wings reportedly put together a big package for Nash and Columbus didn't even respond to it. Howson flat refuses to deal Nash within the division at any cost.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

According to Elliotte Friedman, the Sabres supposedly told Parise/Suter they'd give them $100M contracts. Wat? Can't help but feel we're offering Doan big money as the far away, non-contending team that is still tied to him.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Doan badly.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Doan in Quebec would be funny for about a second. Then I would just hate it.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know you would like it. You can't have Zemgus, Grigs and Doan. That's not fair.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote