Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC

East :: Philadelphia
North :: Green Bay
South :: New Orleans
West :: San Francisco

Wildcards :: Dallas and Chicago

AFC

East :: New England
North :: Pittsburgh
South :: Houston
West :: Kansas City

Wildcards :: New York and Baltimore

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I was referring to Rosebud's post where he has them going twice. But yeah, the Texans are a very good team. IMO they're the second best team behind the Pats in the AFC.
I know. That was dry humor.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Surprised a lot of people on here have Tampa winning the South. I do think they will be a lot better than what people say. I cant see how the hell this team is a 4-5 win team when they have had one of the best offseasons, but people I guess assume they will leave where they left off at last year. They were not interested in those last four games. I think the defense will be much better and the offense is going to be awesome. If Freeman can play like he did in 2010 with that arsenal then that offense will be pretty sexy. I think they will be a .500 team honestly.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Buccaneers might just need an attitude change. Obviously none of us were around the team, but reports are that the squad gave up on Morris in the thick of the season. They have a new head coach, and usually it takes time with a new staff to build momentum. I like the Buccaneers sneaking up on people, but I don't think they make the playoffs. If they win eight games that would be a really good improvement.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Preston
Rookie

Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Packers
2. Eagles
3. 49ers
4. Falcons
5. Giants
6. Bears

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Chiefs
4. Texans
5. Bills
6. Chargers
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks and Bucs View Post
Surprised a lot of people on here have Tampa winning the South. I do think they will be a lot better than what people say. I cant see how the hell this team is a 4-5 win team when they have had one of the best offseasons, but people I guess assume they will leave where they left off at last year. They were not interested in those last four games. I think the defense will be much better and the offense is going to be awesome. If Freeman can play like he did in 2010 with that arsenal then that offense will be pretty sexy. I think they will be a .500 team honestly.
Freeman played against an historically bad defensive division (NFC West) in 2010.

They added an overrated WR who benefited from Rivers and a rookie safety who should be a fine player, but will have a lot of pressure on just him to make a huge difference.

He may help the run defense marginally, but the team still has no pass rush and suspect run defense (didn't improve the LB besides run-around David).

I just don't see it. With the record of great college coaches translating to the NFL so poor, I'd be surprised if a mediocre college coach with arguably the worst roster in his division, a division that features two SB contenders and an up-and-coming team with a guy who torched TB last year, is able to win more than 5 or maybe 6 games.

That's my rationale, and I think it makes a lot more sense than 'added VJax who is AWESUMZ and DOUG MARTINZ yes RB and WR WOOHOoo. Those positions are the least important in the game and the defense is still suspect.

Unless Josh Freeman takes a HUGE, Cam-Newton-like step forward, I see this team struggling in Schiano's first year.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it's simple really.

If Freeman sucks this year, it's time to move on. He's been poor 2 out of his 3 seasons. If he has another bad year, that's 3 bad years and 1 good year.

Realistically he has 2 years left to prove himself, but if he looks awful this year, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to draft another qb if the right one falls to them.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Well, it's simple really.

If Freeman sucks this year, it's time to move on. He's been poor 2 out of his 3 seasons. If he has another bad year, that's 3 bad years and 1 good year.

Realistically he has 2 years left to prove himself, but if he looks awful this year, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to draft another qb if the right one falls to them.
I see the Bucs being better overall next year, but they really don't match up well with the other teams in their division.

Their defense will struggle, specifically against the pass and they play a juggernaut offense in the Saints twice, the Panthers showed last year they can generate big plays and the Falcons can be explosive as well.

The Bucs' best hope is to ride Martin and Blount behind that big o-line with Nicks strengthening the guard spot and limit Freeman's exposure, particularly early in the season.

Looking at their schedule I can see them being a few games below .500 pretty easily.

6 tough games in the division isn't going to help a new head coach with a relatively young team. Washington won't be a push over this year and the Vikings should be better too, as should the Rams.

The NFC South play the NFC East which is horrible for the Bucs and realistically 3 of the 4 and possibly 4 of the 4 AFC West teams will be favoured over them.

It wouldn't be a shock to see them go 1-5 against the division, 1-3 against the NFC East, 2-2 against the AFC West and even if they beat the Rams and Vikings that still works out at a 6-10 season and that could be optimistic.

I think though Freeman is safe, unless he really plays poorly

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 07-11-2012 at 02:09 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC:
1) NE
2) PIT
3) HOU
4) KC
5) NYJ
6) DEN

NFC:
1) GB
2) PHI
3) SF
4) ATL
5) CHI
6) DAL

5 new teams is right there usually with how it works every year.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I see the Bucs being better overall next year, but they really don't match up well with the other teams in their division.

Their defense will struggle, specifically against the pass and they play a juggernaut offense in the Saints twice, the Panthers showed last year they can generate big plays and the Falcons can be explosive as well.

The Bucs' best hope is to ride Martin and Blount behind that big o-line with Nicks strengthening the guard spot and limit Freeman's exposure, particularly early in the season.

Looking at their schedule I can see them being a few games below .500 pretty easily.

6 tough games in the division isn't going to help a new head coach with a relatively young team. Washington won't be a push over this year and the Vikings should be better too, as should the Rams.

The NFC South play the NFC East which is horrible for the Bucs and realistically 3 of the 4 and possibly 4 of the 4 AFC West teams will be favoured over them.

It wouldn't be a shock to see them go 1-5 against the division, 1-3 against the NFC East, 2-2 against the AFC West and even if they beat the Rams and Vikings that still works out at a 6-10 season and that could be optimistic.

I think though Freeman is safe, unless he really plays poorly
Well, they wont draft any garbage like David Amerson, Star Loutele, or any of the garbage DEs. So I do not have to worry about that.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NE
Houston
Baltimore
KC
San Diego
Buffalo

Dallas
GB
Atlanta
St Louis
Philly
NO

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised so many people think the Giants won't make the playoffs. This 2013 team on paper will be the most talented team we've had since 86
Old 07-19-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm surprised so many people think the Giants won't make the playoffs. This 2013 team on paper will be the most talented team we've had since 86
Same thing with KC, sans the QB position. It might be the most talented team we've had since our Super Bowl team.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better this way. We can act like assholes if we do well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote