Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enough of this. Phlysac is right in that we can't character-assassinate without all the material facts. Dan is right in that any sort of activity not football/healthy related is counter-productive to the 49ers. Sadly, both are going to happen regardless. I rule this fight a draw. A rematch has been scheduled for 3 months from now when Delanie Walker gets accused of passing bad checks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part was where Dan said he would have girls at a party.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon and Delanie are ready for their next battle...

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Enough of this. Phlysac is right in that we can't character-assassinate without all the material facts. Dan is right in that any sort of activity not football/healthy related is counter-productive to the 49ers. Sadly, both are going to happen regardless. I rule this fight a draw. A rematch has been scheduled for 3 months from now when Delanie Walker gets accused of passing bad checks.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
The best part was where Dan said he would have girls at a party.
Funny but I dont need to go to a party for girls since I have been with my babe for over 14 months so thanks, but no thanks. I'm good.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good thing about being young and dumb is that he can learn from situation. if he doesn't, its on him.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had a dream we started the season 0-3. It was a terrible feeling because i legitimately think we can win the superbowl next year.

I remember having a vivid dream of SF-Arizona week 1, back in the summer 2007. Alex Smith sucked so we benched him for Cliff Curtis (the actor) and thats all i remember lmao.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@49ersfan_87 ,
that is the most terrible thought next to zombie taking over the world.However, if we started 0-3 we could still win the superbowl and make the play offs. But I don't we will start 0-3 . We are too good! Dam when is the season starting I want some football! Madden just doesn't cut it .

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 07-10-2012 at 11:58 AM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Just had a dream we started the season 0-3. It was a terrible feeling because i legitimately think we can win the superbowl next year.

I remember having a vivid dream of SF-Arizona week 1, back in the summer 2007. Alex Smith sucked so we benched him for Cliff Curtis (the actor) and thats all i remember lmao.
We face the Packers and Lions our first two weeks. Wouldn't be shocking if we started 0-2.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

0-2??? 0-3???

Not going to happen. 2-1 to start. Loss against the Packers even though I think we can win if Moss just explodes on their secondary. We should beat the Lions who we beat last year and our team is better this year, at least on paper. Vikings? Please, that game should be a blowout win for us.

I think that how we start is based on the wildcard for our team and thats Randy Moss. If at the very least, he can get back to what he was in 2009, I think that we'll be more dangerous on offense and be able to score more points. If he's not, then I think that we'll have problems.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's become pretty clear that the 49ers have quickly become one of the more hated teams on this board.

I, frankly, love it.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
It's become pretty clear that the 49ers have quickly become one of the more hated teams on this board.

I, frankly, love it.
Well it's mostly because people of other teams just have no idea what they're talking about regarding some aspects of the 49ers, and when 49ers fans actually correct them they use the "oh you're just being a homer" card. It's amazing how many people here have an incorrect perception on what goes on with the 49ers. Not sure if it's a west coast thing as a lot of folks here seem to be more inline with east coast teams (there are a lot of giants fans on this board), but fans shouldn't be labeled as homers because they're correcting incorrect information.

"Vernon Davis is too stupid to play in New England's offense". Remarks like that with zero basis for a conclusion is what sparks the fire.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well it's mostly because people of other teams just have no idea what they're talking about regarding some aspects of the 49ers, and when 49ers fans actually correct them they use the "oh you're just being a homer" card. It's amazing how many people here have an incorrect perception on what goes on with the 49ers. Not sure if it's a west coast thing as a lot of folks here seem to be more inline with east coast teams (there are a lot of giants fans on this board), but fans shouldn't be labeled as homers because they're correcting incorrect information.

"Vernon Davis is too stupid to play in New England's offense". Remarks like that with zero basis for a conclusion is what sparks the fire.
Get out of here with your rational posts you blind-homer.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see them starting out slow, 0-2 isn't out of the question. Alex will be booed, but the team will pick it up.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah. im not buying it. Alex is poised to tear it up this season. did everything right this off season (doesn't have to learn a new offense, working mechanics with tom house, etc.) and with the new additions to the offense as well the guys like crabs and VD with experience with the offense, im expecting 2-0, at least 1-1(a close 1 at that).

Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we beat Green Bay. Don't get me wrong, I want Alex to have a career day and win against Aaron Rodgers, for his confidence's sake, but I don't see us winning.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

'Hate' is the new 'Love'. True, statements like those reek of ignorance and are just a gross over-reaction. But the way I see it, everyone has their own agenda. And every opinion is skewed to meet that agenda. People will have their opinions on our players just like we have our opinion on theirs. I talk alot of football outside of this forum. Most fanbases I've encountered respect the hell out of our team and the direction Harbaalke has us headed. Nothing wrong with sticking up for our players who warrant it. Most fanbases should be so inclined. Most are, from what I see. But in general, most opposing teams don't know the in's and out's of our team like we do so I dont feel the need to defend the team as a whole. We had one good year. I expected ALOT of ppl to doubt us next year. Im actually surprise by how many ppl have us as favorites.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 07-11-2012 at 08:49 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think we beat Green Bay. Don't get me wrong, I want Alex to have a career day and win against Aaron Rodgers, for his confidence's sake, but I don't see us winning.
I defintely think that's a 50/50, toss-up kind of game. I like our match-ups on the outside. Im curious as to how much dime package we'll see from Fangio. I dont expect McCarthy to run the ball much at all. I expect him to spread us out and test Goldson and our top four CBs pretty much the entire game. I like our top four CB's ALOT though so I welcome the challenge. Finley is my only real concern. We have no one on defense who can match-up with him, man-to-man. That's really my only concern as team weakness right now...our ability to stop athletic, pass-catching TEs.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I hope Aldon Smith has five sacks that game or something ridculous like that.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope Aldon Smith has five sacks that game or something ridculous like that.
We all do.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the Niners won the "Best Game" ESPY last night for their dramatic win over the Saints....that made up for not beating NYG for another Super Bowl appearance....not. :/

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

if we would have beaten the giants, we would have mercy ruled the patriots. no doubt in my mind.

on another not.. listen up.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE.. If you are to defend the 49ers in any way shape or form, you will be labeled a flaming homer. that is all.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
At least the Niners won the "Best Game" ESPY last night for their dramatic win over the Saints....that made up for not beating NYG for another Super Bowl appearance....not. :/
Oh **** I missed the ESPY's.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh **** I missed the ESPY's.
I'm sure you could find it online somewhere.

Let me give you a quick breakdown that will save you a couple hours of your time:

- There were only 2 really funny moments IMO:
1 ) Tebow getting made fun of by the host (Rob Riggle aka the "in the face" cop from the first Hangover movie) in the opening monologue, with the host making eye contact with Sanchez and saying "Good luck with that this year."
2) Riggle later on making fun of Anthony Davis' unibrow.

- Two touching moments:
1) Pat Summitt tribute video and speech for receiving Arthur Ashe award
2) Video update and elongated, live speech by paralyzed former Rutgers football player, Eric LeGrand.

- 49ers moment:
When accepting the award for Best Game, P-Willy joined VD on stage, who brought up and saluted a boy named Jimmy who was a teenager battling cystic fibrosis.

Annnnd of course, the Giants closer formally known as B-Dub made an appearance on the red carpet with "Brosquatch."

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1342063048

Epic.

If you like it, then +rep me. Haha

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"

Last edited by Madirishman : 07-12-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I finally got around to watching the NFC Championship game again. It wasn't as bad watching it for a second time as I thought it would be. Kyle Williams screwed up, but he didn't seem as bad actually returning that ball. He had some good returns. Alex didn't have his best game and did leave some big plays on the field. His two touchdowns to Davis were great, and I would have liked to see Kendall Hunter involved a little more late in the game instead of Dixon who carried it on two important plays if I recall. And Goldson for as much good as he did that season, unfortuantely ran into Carlos Rogers and Tarrell Brown (who got hurt) trying to make an interception when those two had practically already secured one. Brock came in and played okay, although he gave up a touchdown to Manningham.

Oh and the defense straight up dominated of course. Can't wait for the season opener to see how we do at Green Bay.

Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I still say that MM touchdown was on Reggie Smith and not on Brock. Seems to me he was expecting to get inside help from the safety. Guess we'll never know but he played him awfully soft off the line for a guy who in man coverage and expecting no help. But really, that's just a great throw by Eli. He put in spot only MM could make a play on it. That's what good QBs do.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 07-15-2012 at 10:35 AM.