Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Very dissapointed with the new Periphery albulm, or rather, with the choice to have clean vocals for about 85% of the cd. First off, spencer does not hit any of those high notes live what soever, second it sounded like they were trying to go for a protest the hero sort of thing, plus the lyrics were pretty meh. Which really is a shame because the guitar work on it was pretty cool.
A few thoughts:

- I have only listened a couple of times, none critically. Make Total Destroy does sound PTH-ish. But your 85% estimation is pretty off. Not only does he scream more than that, the screams are about 10x better than on the first album. I dont' know if he just got better or if they used recording tricks to thicken it up and add range. Either way, it sounds really good.

- keeping in mind I've never seen Periphery live, I have heard it said recently that Spencer's live performance has improved significantly and that he can hit the notes now. True or not, I enjoy his ridiculous highs on the album.

- They lyrics are indeed pretty stupid. If you're not a great lyricist, the best bet in metal is to make it vague. Big miss there.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote