Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Supplemental Draft Results Thread - Gordon to Browns in 2nd

Supplemental Draft Results will be below

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one taken in the first round

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Cleveland Browns select Baylor WR Josh Gordon in the 2nd Round

No other player was selected in the Supplemental Draft

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 07-12-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I thought the ceiling was round 3.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got the team right, but did not see that coming. I guess they were nervous that if they waited until round 3 Washington would take him round 2.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty happy with it, if they really think he's gonna be legit, it gives us an interesting mix at receiver and a lot of size with Gordon/Little.

Was reading that the Browns were really impressed with him, guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could wind up being a player but that pick could have probably ended up as a top 35 pick if the Browns tank it again

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No other player was selected in the Supplemental Draft

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus ******* Christ. The idiocy of Mike Holmgren knows no boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Browns defense (I KNOW, RIGHT??????), it's the same as them drafting a high potential H/W/S guy next year, except now they get an extra year to work with. We've seen a million times guys like DHB, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, etc. fly up draft boards pre-draft with the same physical skillset Gordon offers. Do I think it's too high myself? 100%, but I understand the generic reasoning behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
In the Browns defense (I KNOW, RIGHT??????), it's the same as them drafting a high potential H/W/S guy next year, except now they get an extra year to work with. We've seen a million times guys like DHB, Demaryius Thomas, Stephen Hill, etc. fly up draft boards pre-draft with the same physical skillset Gordon offers. Do I think it's too high myself? 100%, but I understand the generic reasoning behind it.
Completely agree sir. They basically just got their 2013 2nd-round pick WR a year early. It's like a free year of development.

Brownies are winning 8 games this year.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't quite buy that argument of us knowing where he'd go. Had Alfonzo Dennard come out for the 2011 Supplemental draft where would he have been selected?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't quite buy that argument of us knowing where he'd go. Had Alfonzo Dennard come out for the 2011 Supplemental draft where would he have been selected?
I wasn't really suggesting he'd go in the second in a regular draft, I just think it's worth mentioning that he certainly has the physical skillset to rival the types of players who have made meteoric predraft rises before.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's true, though we've seen some go the other way (Tommy Streeter,) so it CAN go either way. Had he run in the 4.3-4.43 range, I'd be with you a bit more I think, but 4.5-4.55 on the field just isn't that for me.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's true, though we've seen some go the other way (Tommy Streeter,) so it CAN go either way. Had he run in the 4.3-4.43 range, I'd be with you a bit more I think, but 4.5-4.55 on the field just isn't that for me.
Fair enough. Again, I wouldn't have touched him anywhere near the second based on where he is right now, especially with the implied character concerns, but I think I can understand why the Browns did it.
Quote:
Old 07-12-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shane you've been doing this too long to care about 6-4 WRs sub-4.6 40 times...

I think he absolutely would have shot up the boards as the 1A to Terrance Williams 1B. He was ahead of him in the pecking order in 2010 and Baylor's passing attack is much better than Miami's...

Dennard was always known as a guy with physical and athletic limitations. The only way Gordon's stock wouldn't have risen is if he ended up in the doghouse. There's no question in my mind he would have improved on his 43/714/7 stat line of 2010 had he played this season at Baylor.

Plus, the 2013 WR class is weak. I would have ranked him 5th behind four juniors (don't even know if they'll come out). That's absolutely worth a 2nd-round pick, and definitely a 2013 2nd-round pick a year early for a free year of development.

1) Marques Wilson
2) Robert Woods
3) Keenan Allen
4) Justin Hunter
5) Josh Gordon
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna be interesting seeing our offense this year...

New starting QB, RB, and most likely Gordon at the 2 or 3.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah honestly with the season Griffin had, I bet Gordon (if he were still on Baylor) would have went in the first or early second this year due to the inflated stats of that offense. Also in addition to stats he would have bested all the triangular numbers Kendall Wright had, probably launching his stock higher than Wright's.

I'm fine with the pick...
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Brownies are winning 8 games this year.
Does that include 6 warm up games against colleges?

edit: Apparently, the Browns were the only team to file a second round pick on him. So they could have gotten him in round 3.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

edit: Apparently, the Browns were the only team to file a second round pick on him. So they could have gotten him in round 3.
Supposedly the Bills were going to use a 3rd on him, so if that is true, then no, the Browns couldn't have got him.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ConnSKINS26
Rookie

ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ConnSKINS26 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

The Bills are rumored to have put in a 3rd round bid. If that is true, then the only way the Browns could have gotten him was in the 2nd.
ConnSKINS26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odds the Browns are regretting this on draft weekend? High...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Odds the Browns are regretting this on draft weekend? High...
Not if he ends up being good.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns just blew a 2nd rounder on David Gettis
Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Not if he ends up being good.
Not regretting it?

He's a developmental WR that played in a gimmicky offense and has missed an entire year.

His QB will either be a girly armed Colt McCoy or a 30 year old rookie QB, both of which played in a different kind of gimmicky offense.

He cost them (effectively) a top 35 pick.

How can a fan be happy with a stupid pick? Even if you get lucky and it works out, it still means your management is full of idiots who need luck to do the right thing.

Mike Holmgren's decision making in Cleveland has been abysmal.