Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Y! Sports story:"Highly doubtful" Knicks match Lin's offer sheet after acquiring Felton.Lin's HS coach says PG stunned.

Melo called the contract 'ridiculous' when he was asked if the Knicks planned on matching
It is ridiculous and they absolutely shouldn't match.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It is ridiculous and they absolutely shouldn't match.
Felton and Kidd are horrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Kidd arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in Southampton
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...n-southampton/

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god hates the knicks.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

knicks are falling apart.

#Netstakingovernewyork
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Jason Kidd arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in Southampton
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...n-southampton/
#VeteranLeadership
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All we are missing is an Amare knee injury that happened at the skating rink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super classy of Carmelo to call that contract ridiculous, btw. The 20 million you'll make next year I'm sure is totally reasonable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Felton and Kidd are horrible.
Kidd is fine as a backup. Felton was absolutely terrible last year, but if he gets into shape, he is a decent pure point. He could easily just suck though. Look, I'm not saying the Knicks have a good situation at PG. They don't and I would love to retain Lin. I'm saying that deal is totally absurd for someone who has been cut from multiple NBA teams and is almost certainly nowhere near the player he appeared to be last year.

Linsanity was awesome and it was a ridiculously fun period to be a New Yorker. One of my best memories of this past year was being out at a bar and the whole world seemed to stop when Lin pwned the Raptors. It was great ride, but the contract is just terrible and we shouldn't match.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Super classy of Carmelo to call that contract ridiculous, btw. The 20 million you'll make next year I'm sure is totally reasonable.
It was certainly not an elegant move on Melo's part and definitely not something I support. That said, a max deal is absolutely reasonable for Melo, so I'm not sure why you threw in that last part unless you are against high salaries for athletes in general (which is a whole 'nother debate that I'm sure nobody feels like having).
Old 07-15-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was certainly not an elegant move on Melo's part and definitely not something I support. That said, a max deal is absolutely reasonable for Melo, so I'm not sure why you threw in that last part unless you are against high salaries for athletes in general (which is a whole 'nother debate that I'm sure nobody feels like having).
I'm not saying he is or he isn't, I'm just saying he probably wouldn't appreciate it if fellow players talked about the merits of his deal in public either.

But personally I also think Melo is insanely overrated.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks should just sign Jordan Farmar. He played well when Deron was out. I think he'd be much better than Raymond Felton's fat ass.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felton just needs to lose weight. He's not that bad.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
#VeteranLeadership
Jason Kidd has always been such a douche. Not enough people seem to realize this.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kidd is fine as a backup. Felton was absolutely terrible last year, but if he gets into shape, he is a decent pure point. He could easily just suck though. Look, I'm not saying the Knicks have a good situation at PG. They don't and I would love to retain Lin. I'm saying that deal is totally absurd for someone who has been cut from multiple NBA teams and is almost certainly nowhere near the player he appeared to be last year.

Linsanity was awesome and it was a ridiculously fun period to be a New Yorker. One of my best memories of this past year was being out at a bar and the whole world seemed to stop when Lin pwned the Raptors. It was great ride, but the contract is just terrible and we shouldn't match.
Haven't been able to follow this NBA offseason, but what's the contract lin's looking at? If we're allowed to match it and keep Chandler, Camby, Stat, Melo, Shump and Kidd I wouldn't really even care how big it is and can't see why it'd be a problem.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Haven't been able to follow this NBA offseason, but what's the contract lin's looking at? If we're allowed to match it and keep Chandler, Camby, Stat, Melo, Shump and Kidd I wouldn't really even care how big it is and can't see why it'd be a problem.
It pays him 14 million in year 3. That means we have 75 million tied up in 4 players.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would match it idc about Dolan paying luxury tax. He did with **** teams before. He has enough money to do it again.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It pays him 14 million in year 3. That means we have 75 million tied up in 4 players.
And the penalties then would be we could only sign players with full bird exceptions, vet min exceptions and the tax-payer MLE? That's not too bad. In two years time Lin will either have learned under Kidd and be an allstar and worth that money on the court, or he'll just be a good player and amazing marketting gimmick that even at that price will interest Charlotte, because let's face it, they'll always be garbage, and even if Lin doesn't improve much he's still a competent starter that can drub up some interest for that crap team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I would match it idc about Dolan paying luxury tax. He did with **** teams before. He has enough money to do it again.
And **** Dolan. Because **** that guy.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Linsanity over.

#BROOKlynNetsIn2013
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It's not the luxury tax, it's the fact that Knicks won't be able to do **** in 2014. No S&T, all minimum players, nothing.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
And the penalties then would be we could only sign players with full bird exceptions, vet min exceptions and the tax-payer MLE? That's not too bad. In two years time Lin will either have learned under Kidd and be an allstar and worth that money on the court, or he'll just be a good player and amazing marketting gimmick that even at that price will interest Charlotte, because let's face it, they'll always be garbage, and even if Lin doesn't improve much he's still a competent starter that can drub up some interest for that crap team.

And **** Dolan. Because **** that guy.
I don't think Lin will ever legitimately sniff an all star game with his play. Never. Best case scenario for him imo is a 15-8 kind of guy that plays abysmal defense and turns it over too much.

Basically the question is, can you beat Miami with a core of Lin, Melo, Stat and Chandler. I say hell no.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is of Asian decent.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not the luxury tax, it's the fact that Knicks won't be able to do **** in 2014. No S&T, all minimum players, nothing.
S&T are going to be more difficult for everybody in the new CBA. That doesn't mean anything to the Knicks. What big move are you waiting for in 2014? The Lakers still have a mini mle that they can use and they are a tax payer. The Knicks can still bring in a contributor with there mini mle if they wanted in 2014.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh, one year of nothing but minimum players and whatever second round picks we have left isn't the end of the world, especially if Lin has been learning from Kidd. We won't need any major changes and having to spend money on scouting and developing young players for a year, because they can't spend it on signing them, won't be the worst thing for this organization.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
S&T are going to be more difficult for everybody in the new CBA. That doesn't mean anything to the Knicks. What big move are you waiting for in 2014? The Lakers still have a mini mle that they can use and they are a tax payer. The Knicks can still bring in a contributor with there mini mle if they wanted in 2014.
It's just about not handing out a piss poor contract to be perfectly honest. Lin doesn't deserve the money imo and I don't think we should pay him. It's really that easy. I know the team is technically better if we just match, but I just hate what the NBA has become with all of these abhorrent contracts and I would rather not have 2 of the worst on my favorite team. We will feel like Pistons fans. That's never good.