Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eh, one year of nothing but minimum players and whatever second round picks we have left isn't the end of the world, especially if Lin has been learning from Kidd. We won't need any major changes and having to spend money on scouting and developing young players for a year, because they can't spend it on signing them, won't be the worst thing for this organization.
I'm just down on Lin. I don't think he is that good at all. I would probably take Jose Calderon over Lin for next year to give you an idea how I value him.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's just about not handing out a piss poor contract to be perfectly honest. Lin doesn't deserve the money imo and I don't think we should pay him. It's really that easy. I know the team is technically better if we just match, but I just hate what the NBA has become with all of these abhorrent contracts and I would rather not have 2 of the worst on my favorite team. We will feel like Pistons fans. That's never good.
If you want to win and have a realistic shot in this 3 year window that the Knicks have created you need Lin it is that simple.

It's a terrible system I agree but their is nothing that can be done about that. The Knicks have to operate in it. Even if Lin will never truly be worth 14-15 million a year. He is your best shot at winning anything.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Lin will ever legitimately sniff an all star game with his play. Never. Best case scenario for him imo is a 15-8 kind of guy that plays abysmal defense and turns it over too much.

Basically the question is, can you beat Miami with a core of Lin, Melo, Stat and Chandler. I say hell no.
See I don't think that's his ceiling. Even on D he showed he the potential to not suck as he does have quick and sneaky hands and the athleticism to stay in front of guys with some schooling. But that's not even crucial for us, if he can learn from Kidd how to run this team the way it could be run and works on that jumper, I do think that's enough to give us a good shot against Miami just because of the boost of having a smoothly operating Stat and Melo. If both of those guys are playing well at the same time, even Miami will struggle to shut down the offense. If Shump recovers, Melo decides to give a **** and both Chandler and Camby are healthy we can even competent on the defensive side, despite Stat's ADD and Lin's mediocrity. Wouldn't be favorites by any stretch, but I do think that team could be well set up to pull the upset.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's just about not handing out a piss poor contract to be perfectly honest. Lin doesn't deserve the money imo and I don't think we should pay him. It's really that easy. I know the team is technically better if we just match, but I just hate what the NBA has become with all of these abhorrent contracts and I would rather not have 2 of the worst on my favorite team. We will feel like Pistons fans. That's never good.
Sure he is, if only for the merch sales Lin is already worth that contract to the Knicks organization. And on the court he had a promising rookie year, has a talented roster to work with and one of the smartest PGs around to learn from. No reason to give that up when the alternative is overpaying Raymond Felton's fat ass.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly believe we will have 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA in 2014 if Lin and Stat are on this team. That's why I don't want to do it. I guess it is more principle than anything else.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly believe we will have 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA in 2014 if Lin and Stat are on this team. That's why I don't want to do it. I guess it is more principle than anything else.
I understand your concern, as I feel Lin is overrated too. However, the only way we'll be worth a damn is with Lin. We can't do anything else. We can't trade Stat with his contract and knees. Melo isn't going anywhere. We need to win with what we have and sadly we need Lin to have any chance at it.

Can we beat the Heat or even other teams like the Bulls and Pacers? I'm not so sure. But it's out best chance at winning.

We just have to hope Lin improves or at the very least doesn't degrade.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Melo is a turd of a human and an overrated, overpaid player. Not a fan of the size of that Lin deal, but 'Melo will never win a title.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While this would NOT happen at all, if the Knicks could match Lin and then try to ship off Carmelo I think they would be better off in the long-term. Doubt anyone would be interested, though, because of his salary and what the Knicks would want in return.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
While this would NOT happen at all, if the Knicks could match Lin and then try to ship off Carmelo I think they would be better off in the long-term. Doubt anyone would be interested, though, because of his salary and what the Knicks would want in return.
I agree with this whole-heartedly.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just highlights of course.. He had a few mental lapses supposedly and in the video it looks like he gets a little anxious with the ball in his hands. I guess his offensive game is further along than most of the team expected, though.

Last edited by WMD : 07-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I don't get about all the Lin criticism by talking heads is the blind assumption that he's not going to improve.

The guy was basically a rookie last year, and considering it was a rookie season, he was very impressive. Was he invincible? No, just like any developing player he had flaws that were exposed.

But those flaws are very correctable. Why can't he learn to go left? Why is it so crazy to think he's gonna work on his game in the offseason and improve in that area?

Why do we blindly assume John Wall will develop over time, but Jeremy Lin is what he is and will never improve?

What kind of ass backwards logic is that?

I just don't understand it. It makes no sense to me at all. I'm a big believer in Lin, and I think if he keeps his head on straight (supposedly he's turning into a diva) he can be a player in this league.

I don't know if he'll ever justify that contract, but he's going to be a good player in this league.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I find humorous is that Houston is trying to build a contender, complete with aggressively pursuing a name at PG (Lin), a defensive presence at C (Asik), and trying to build pieces to trade for one of the biggest names in the NBA (Howard) and they're going to do all of this with Kevin McHale as their head coach who sucks. They would've been better off doing this with Rick Adelman or bringing in Brian Shaw or some hungry, widely-respected assistant than McHale.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year was not Lin's rookie year.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Last year was not Lin's rookie year.
Come on, LT, try to keep up. BBD said it was "essentially" his rookie year. He played 9.8 minutes his rookie season and wasn't even a blip on the radar.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy...eer_stats.html

Last year was, "essentially" his rookie season on the court because he actually saw it instead of staring at it from the bench. He's still learning the position and how to be a PG in the NBA and should only get better with more experience.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Just highlights of course.. He had a few mental lapses supposedly and in the video it looks like he gets a little anxious with the ball in his hands. I guess his offensive game is further along than most of the team expected, though.
Does he have a back to the basket game though?

Lin + Howard will work nicely I think.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Come on, LT, try to keep up. BBD said it was "essentially" his rookie year. He played 9.8 minutes his rookie season and wasn't even a blip on the radar.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jeremy...eer_stats.html

Last year was, "essentially" his rookie season on the court because he actually saw it instead of staring at it from the bench. He's still learning the position and how to be a PG in the NBA and should only get better with more experience.
If you played even a single minute 1 year. The next year you play in the league you are not a rookie. I don't care what semantics you want to use.

He was not a rookie. It was his first time starting in the NBA. Idc what BBD has to say cause in 2 weeks he is going to be all on Felton's dick.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My point is valid, you just refuse to accept it.

And hellz yeah to your second point

#FeltonToMeloIn2013
Old 07-15-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I agree with this whole-heartedly.
While this likely wouldn't happen and would have to include several draft picks from GSW, a trade could consist of
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8yrg3y9

Saves NY a lot of cap room since Jack is on an expiring deal

Or a trade to Memphis swapping Rudy Cool and say a 1st rd pick for Melo.

Or Iggy/Vucevic for Melo http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zlwngc

I dunno. Just brainstorming.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-15-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If Melo was on the trade block he would attract some absolutely monstrous offers. The guy is easy to hate, but he's still one of the best scorers in the NBA and a lot of GMs think he can be the #1 on a Finals winner.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Honestly. The Knicks are better off just holding onto their core and seeing what they have next year. The only way they're winning a ring is if they click and can make the right small tweaks. Worst comes to worst you let Lin learn, see if Melo doesn't get his head out of his ass and then let the vets ride off into the sunset when their contracts expire, before starting over with whatever's left.

Trading Melo for *** doesn't really do anything, doesn't help us win now and doesn't do much a couple of years from now when Stat, Chandler, Kidd and Camby are gone.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Suns claim Scola off amnesty waivers, amnesty Josh Childress
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...josh-childress

All the Suns have to do now is sign O.J. Majo, who they are a major player for, and their lineup will be:

Dragic / Marshall
Mayo
Beasley
Scola / Frye / Morris
Gortat

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We're not signing Lin.

He's gone. Dolan is an emotional guy, he makes business decisions based on emotion (bc he's a moron). He feels disrespected and slighted by Lin and he's taking it personally.

When you piss Dolan off, you're done. Lin pissed off Dolan. He's not coming back.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We're not signing Lin.

He's gone. Dolan is an emotional guy, he makes business decisions based on emotion (bc he's a moron). He feels disrespected and slighted by Lin and he's taking it personally.

When you piss Dolan off, you're done. Lin pissed off Dolan. He's not coming back.
I do tend to under-estimate just how awful a human being James Dolan is. Probably the single biggest reason I'm still a Knicks fan.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I hate James Dolan with a passion. It's very frustrating being a Knicks fan, knowing you have all the resources in the world to put together a championship team, yet you can't ever have a great roster bc the owner and management is pathetic.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hate James Dolan with a passion. It's very frustrating being a Knicks fan, knowing you have all the resources in the world to put together a championship team, yet you can't ever have a great roster bc the owner and management is pathetic.
It does make me very grateful for having Jerry Reese, Gerg "from Accounting" Sherman and Jogi Loew running the other teams I care about. Which in turn made me so unbelievably pissed James Dolan couldn't keep his fat fingers off the team when Donnie Walsh was in charge and we finally had management that wasn't completely ********.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: