Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would you ranther have happen?
Win a Superbowl, but miss the playoffs the following 9 years in a row 77 75.49%
Make the Playoffs 10 years in a row, but not win a Championship in that time. 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default What would you rather your team have?

1 Superbowl Championship, but miss the playoffs 9 straight years after.
10 Straight playoffs, but no Championships
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i'll take what's behind door number 1...
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Win a superbowl so you dont get lumped with the likes of the Lions, Cards, Vikings, etc...
Old 04-14-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Superbowl, without a doubt.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, thats tough if you think about it.

Winning a SB is the ultimate high as a fan, but 9 years of doormat status is also a very low low.

Hmmm.....if I had a gun to my head, Id go SB.

Because at the end of the day, even if your team sucks, you can at least look forward to being excited about the draft.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always take the Super Bowls

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an owner, without a doubt, 10 straight playoff appearances. Fan support would stay high, and that isnt guaranteed if I make the playoffs one out of 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i gotta go with the super bowl. if you make the playoffs and don't win the superbowl all you have gained is a lower draft pick.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

superbowl....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Im a bills fan......ILL TAKE 1!!...hell we went to 4......yet still wiht the browns and cards...let me go cry myself to sleep!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
i gotta go with the super bowl. if you make the playoffs and don't win the superbowl all you have gained is a lower draft pick.
That's kinda cynical.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i wouldnt retire until i win a superbowl. unless i hit 40 yrs old.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For franchise stability, 10 straight playoffs.

However, the point is the championship, so that's what makes it tough. I could see arguments for both.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I'll take the sure thing.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

i think its almost impossible to win than go 10 straight out the playoffs though, because there's always a good time, rescession and then depression in the cycle. Thats why the lakers suck now, but than again when you look at Cleveland or Arizona, they've never been good. Im torn between the two....

Old 04-14-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill take the Ring and then 9 strait years of the best players the draft has to offer on my roster.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Superbowl Easy. Also why didn't you just put "Be a Eagles fan" as the 2nd option?
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfkrush View Post
Superbowl Easy. Also why didn't you just put "Be a Eagles fan" as the 2nd option?
AHHH, now thats not nice... Im an Eagles Fan and its agonizing

Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
AHHH, now thats not nice... Im an Eagles Fan and its agonizing
I know what you mean.

The way he holds the trophy makes me want to make a Jeff Garcia comparison.
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

This poll was like 3-5 at one point, now it's 3-22...... wow.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Im a bills fan......ILL TAKE 1!!...hell we went to 4......yet still wiht the browns and cards...let me go cry myself to sleep!
Haha I know how you feel. The Vikings went to four as well and lost them all so Ill take the 1.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

win a super bowl, deffinatly
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I get pissed when my teams suck, so I'll take no. 2

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JC the Savior
Rookie

JC the Savior hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That's a really tough question but I'd have to take the 10 straight play off appearances as long as it isn't one-and-down. If we make it past the first round, maybe a couple of conference championships and superbowl here and there would be just fine.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, talk about tough choices. I know the downside to both, as having a crappy team just flat out sucks, and going to the playoffs year after year and getting NOTHING to show for it is extremely frustrating.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote