Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
butterman42d

Raiders

JaMarcus Russell

Quarterback

LSU

Trade rumors are swirling, rumors of them selecting Calvin Johnson are swirling, but in the end Russell remains their man. Al Davis simply can't help but take a risk on a guy that could redefine the quarterback position. He could just as easily be the biggest flop since Ryan Leaf, but that won't worry Al Davis at this point.

Falcons

Calvin Johnson

Wide Receiver

G.Tech

This appears to be the most likely trade because the Falcons have the most to offer Detroit. With two second round picks, they can easily afford to pry the second pick from Matt Miller. Calvin Johnson would obviously be their target here, and it's scary to think how good this could make their offense. Michael Vick may finally get the reliable receiver he's always wanted.

Browns

Adrian Peterson

Running Back

Oklahoma

I don't anticipate the Browns to be involved in any draft day trades. Peterson and Jamal Lewis would give the Browns a formidable running attack that should open things up for Charlie Frye. With a reliable running game Frye may get the chance to emerge into the quarterback that was graded by some as a potential first rounder two years ago.

Bucs

Joe Thomas

Offensive Tackle

Wisconsin

The Bucs would rather take Johnson here, but with him off the board the most logical pick is Thomas. Despite rumors that they may be interested in Quinn, I'm not buying it. They have too much invested in Chris Simms to spend such a high draft pick on another quarterback. The only other options are defensive linemen Gaines Adams and Jamaal Anderson.

Cardinals

Gaines Adams

Defensive End

Clemson

The Cardinals are another team feeling the effects of the Falcons/Lions trade. Their top choice is almost certainly Thomas, and they may even attempt to trade up one slot to take him away from Tampa. If they stay put however, they'll be targeting Adams, who would give them an enormous upgrade as a speed rusher on the end of their defensive line.

Bears

LaRon Landry

Safety

LSU

This trade is significantly less likely to happen, but with the Redskins supposedly interested in Lance Briggs it is a possibility. The Bears would certainly rather keep Briggs, but they wouldn't be too disappointed by having to settle for Landry. The former LSU safety would only make the Bears defense that much more terrifying as their starting free safety.

Vikings

Jamaal Anderson

Defensive End

Arkansas

Not much changes here for the Vikings. They may be interested in Landry, but they won't be disappoint of they have to select either Adams or Anderson. Their defensive line has been an issue for number of years and they're apparently going to keep spending top draft picks on linemen until one of the lives up to potential.

Lions

Brady Quinn

Quarterback

Notre Dame

What a perfect scenario for Detroit! They can trade the second overall pick in the draft and still land Brady Quinn. It sounds crazy, but if the Browns pass on him it is very likely he falls to the 8th spot. Even if Quinn is gone, the Lions can happily take Alan Branch or Levi Brown and still have the option of taking a quarterback like Drew Stanton later on.

Dolphins

Alan Branch

Defensive Tackle

Michigan

The Dolphins are one of the more difficult teams to predict this year, but with LaRon Landry and Quinn off the board I believe they will target the defensive line. Branch is the best fit in Miami's defense and would be welcomed by their ends who need someone like Branch to free up space for them to work. Don't be shocked if they reach for a receiver however.

Texans

Levi Brown

Offensive Tackle

Penn St.

With the quarterback position settled the Texans are now targeting Brown. They'll have to hold their break when Miami is on the clock, but I think he slips past the Dolphins and falls to Houston. He'll likely start at left tackle as a rookie, but I believe his long term best fit is at guard. Regardless, he'll be an upgrade over whoever he replaces in Houston.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very well thought out and detailed but falcons at 2 is 0%.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

sorry man, love the lions trade but the pick is a bad one and the options you gave are even worse.

They wont take Quinn, it simply wont happen, he isnt even the highest rated QB on thier board, they want stanton (ill give you credit for that) but thats only if he's around at a reasonable spot in the 2nd round.
Alan Branch makes absolutely no sense for the lions, they have 3 starting caliber DT's (Rogers, Cody, Redding) and Branch just bcuz he's listed as a DE in NCAA 07 doesnt mean he can actually play that position.
Levi Brown at 8? thats lunacy, if they want a OT, which they dont want/need, there wouldnt be any trade rumors bcuz JThomas would be the pick. Anyways Brown doesnt deserve top 15 consideration, but will get it bcuz of the lack of depth at that position in this draft.

Just change it to Patrick Willis and ALL is forgiven

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

The Falcons would have to trade our first rounder, two second rounders, and possibly even another pick to move up to get Calvin Johnson. That is too many solid players to pass up on and take a chance on one guy, even if he is considered a sure thing.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
butterman42d

Default what is to much for Calvin Johnson

I would do everthing I could do help my 100 million dollar QB. Payton M has R. Wayne and M. Harrision. Lets just see what can happen if he had #1 WR.

1st RD 2 overall pick WR Calvin Johnson
WE Trade our 8 pick and both 2 round picks + next year 5 round pick.
Our next pick should
3rd round pick FS Brandon Meriweather Miami (FL) 5-105/8 195 4.47
He will drop because of charcter issues just like Jimmy Willams.

We have 2 4 round pick
RB M. Bush
DE Tim Crowder Texas 6-35/8 272 4.69

Most of our need we be covered.

What is two much for calvin Johnson?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO what if Oakland takes CJ then who will yall take. Thats my problem wiith trading up is that once you get there and the person you traded up for gets pick then what do you do?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

falcons are not trading up or CJ atleast I hope not
Old 04-10-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

If we were to make the trade we could wait until the Lions are on the clock to see if the Raiders took CJ. If they hadn't we could make the trade, and we would finally get to see Michael Vick with a #1 wideout
Old 04-10-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, see, I think it will be something that happens on draft day, you have to wait because who knows what Al Davis might do...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I said it a while back with Schaub that it would be a draft day deal, but I like the way we have ourselves setup.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
burdman

yall got...to......be....the....dumbest with this CJ stuff. who's gonna play defense after you trade away all those picks? ever thought about that? and the dumb thing is the only reason most of these idiots want CJ is cuz he's from here and played at GT. if he was from anywhere else and played for another school I can guarantee that you wouldn't have all this calvin johnson mess. yall better get ready to be on suicde watch cuz trust me, we're not trading up for him
Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

All those picks? c'mon. Burd...as far as GT goes...that is only a VERY small part of it, this is the GREATEST prospect of all time at the WR position. I want CJ real bad, and as far as defense goes, giving up ONE of 2 2nd round picks and ONE of 3 fourth round picks...and one of TWO second round picks next year. That isn't giving up much at all to get a guy like CJ imo...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
burdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
All those picks? c'mon. Burd...as far as GT goes...that is only a VERY small part of it, this is the GREATEST prospect of all time at the WR position. I want CJ real bad, and as far as defense goes, giving up ONE of 2 2nd round picks and ONE of 3 fourth round picks...and one of TWO second round picks next year. That isn't giving up much at all to get a guy like CJ imo...
iloxygenil

a 2nd and a 4th plus a second next year? now if a team was willing to take that offer you have there then I would definitely trade up and get him but no team is gonna take that. they're gonna want both seconds this year and a first next year. but if mckay can work your deal out then we gotta go him.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

The points actually work out where we're giving up 14 points more than what the #2 pick overall is worth...the Lions are stupid and would possibly do it for even less than that especially on draft day.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
ksfalconsfan

I have heard that the Lions are looking to trade out of the #2 spot. We could probably get good value due to the fact that they are looking to pick up more picks. Anyways, we would still have the normal number of picks over the next 2 years. I would love to see Calvin Johnson on the Falcons. There would be no more excuses for Michael Vick- CJ and Joe Horn are solid recievers, they would be one of the top duos in the league.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Every team in the league wants CJ. The Falcons have had some inconsistent WR play, but they have talent at the position. The will not (and wisely so) use their 1st, both 2nd's (which are high) and next years 5th on a WR. I'm guessing that you're a Falcon's fan and have watched more games than me, but I know that the Falcons biggest problems are not at the WR position.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote