Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-29-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I expect him to have a big year. Without an offseason and without Thomas Jones he should hit the ground running. He has a ton of talent and he will get a chance to work with Cassel and the other receivers all offseason.

I think him and Bowe work the outsides this year with Breaston in the slot. That is a dangerous group.

ROFL well played sir
Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We inked Abram Elam today. Good veteran depth that was much needed.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berry gets unrestricted medical clearance.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does'nt sound like D-Bowe is getting a long term deal by Monday's deadline.Not sure what Pioli & co are waiting for
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
does'nt sound like D-Bowe is getting a long term deal by Monday's deadline.Not sure what Pioli & co are waiting for
It takes two.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he should be in line for a DeSean Jackson size deal. somewhere right around the $9.75-10 M a year sounds about right. shame on either party for asking/offering for more/less.

i do think that Bowe has value on the open market. (NFL cliche #52 says:) its a passing league and we saw alot less deserving WRs get paid recently. i'm of the opinion that if Bowe does hit FA after this year, the chances of him returning to KC are almost nill. i think he will play very well this year keeping his value high, but this contract negtiations will be looked at as a slap in the face.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It takes two.
I've heard the Chiefs don't want to sign Bowe long term.which if that's the case Pioli should resign right NOW
Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've heard the Chiefs don't want to sign Bowe long term.which if that's the case Pioli should resign right NOW
Stop jumping from 0 to pissed at every thing that doesn't get done how you want it. You've heard? From who? No information from either side has come out. No one has any idea what is going on, so stop wanting Pioli to resign every other week. It's annoying.

And I will agree that if he isn't given a long term deal, or franchised again next year, he will not be returning to KC. If he hits FA he will not be coming back.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Stop jumping from 0 to pissed at every thing that doesn't get done how you want it. You've heard? From who? No information from either side has come out. No one has any idea what is going on, so stop wanting Pioli to resign every other week. It's annoying.

And I will agree that if he isn't given a long term deal, or franchised again next year, he will not be returning to KC. If he hits FA he will not be coming back.
don't jump on my back for reporting what I heard
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Would you rather keep Bowe or Albert? I know who I'd rather keep.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do i think the Chiefs should get Bowe wrapped up in a long term deal, yes. however, i at least see the other side of the fence. he isn't super young, he has had a knucklehead history (even if not recent) and there is, even if only slightly, a question about if this money changes him or his desire to play. i can see where Bowe isn't a Pioli type player.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If Baldwin really lights it up this year I doubt Bowe will be back. They need to get a deal done with Albert midseason, because if they don't they're going to have to pick between them who to franchise and I'd much rather keep Albert in the fold than Bowe.

That might just be me though.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Would you rather keep Bowe or Albert? I know who I'd rather keep.
I love Bowe but Albert is who I'd rather keep.WHen you get a really good LT you need to keep him
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes me mad is I was wanting to keep Carr and let Bowe go. Despite the Chiefs seeming inability to develop productive receivers, receivers are a dime a dozen and not worth breaking the bank over, meanwhile, top flight corners are extremely difficult to come by.

The Chiefs had better get Albert resigned. I don't see Mims or Stevenson being ready for NFL left tackle duty in one years time.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A #1 WR is harder to find than a #2 CB. I loved Carr and wanted to keep him, but would rather have Bowe.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I wanted to keep Carr but not at the money he wanted. That was too expensive for a number 2 corner.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
A #1 WR is harder to find than a #2 CB. I loved Carr and wanted to keep him, but would rather have Bowe.
I disagree. And with the exception of the freak Calvin Johnson I would argue that there aren't any number 1 receivers in the league these days. The really potent offenses have multiple receiving targets but no bona fide number 1 wide out.

Corner is one of the most difficult positions to play, and when you develop a 5th round pick into a stud you should keep him over a dime a dozen receiver every single day of the week.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...Bowe isn't a dime a dozen receiver...

I'd rather be one of those teams with amazing targets like Bowe and (from what we've seen - possibly) Baldwin (along with Breaston, Boss, and Moeaki) and take on a player that's slightly older, but is very close to the same level as the #2 CB you're giving up...

You give up Bowe and you're running with a sketchy group of receivers, which has been a huge problem for this team the last few years.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

reports are Broncos offered Ryan Clady a 5 yr $50 million deal.What if any effect does that have on Albert?Oh and when are we signing Poe?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I disagree. And with the exception of the freak Calvin Johnson I would argue that there aren't any number 1 receivers in the league these days.
What league are you watching?

I guess guys like Larry Fitzgerald,Andre Johnson,Roddy White ect are just #2 WR's?

I think some people are really overrating Carr. He is a good player don't get me wrong but lets not act like we lost Darrelle Revis.

Did you really want the Chiefs to drop 100 million in to the CB position? Because that is what it would have took. 50 to Flowers 50 to Carr.

Bowe could put up top 10 WR numbers with a legit QB, to call him a dime a dozen WR is absurd.

Last edited by Splat : 07-22-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
reports are Broncos offered Ryan Clady a 5 yr $50 million deal.What if any effect does that have on Albert?Oh and when are we signing Poe?
Apparently Clady isn't interested in signing that deal, but Albert isn't as good as Clady. Albert will want a nice contract, but I don't think it'll be Joe Thomas like numbers. Albert will get paid though, and I think we'll be the ones to do it.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
What league are you watching?

I guess guys like Larry Fitzgerald,Andre Johnson,Roddy White ect are just #2 WR's?

I think some people are really overrating Carr. He is a good player don't get me wrong but lets not act like we lost Darrelle Revis.

Did you really want the Chiefs to drop 100 million in to the CB position? Because that is what it would have took. 50 to Flowers 50 to Carr.

Bowe could put up top 10 WR numbers with a legit QB, to call him a dime a dozen WR is absurd.
Without doing any research I'd say none of those teams offenses are especially prolific. The Cardinals were at their peak with Kurt Warner throwing to Fitz, Bolden, Breaston, etc. The Falcons and Texans offense is predicated on a heavy run game, which I suppose would be the nearest comparison of what the Chiefs did in 2010 and are trying to do again. You can game plan for those receivers because, while they are tremendous football players, they aren't going to dominate a game the way Calvin Johnson does.

I would rather invest more money at corner because its a harder skill to develop than receiver. Give me a guy who runs sharp routes, catches every ball thrown his way, and has a little bit of speed. Its much easier to develop that than a guy who can jam at the line, flip his hips and stay inside of his man, then turn and run with him all the while worrying about cuts and watching run plays, etc.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

per Schefter Chiefs & Poe are "not close" to a deal right now.expect a holdout
Old 07-24-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't expect a holdout. I'd be surprised if he wasn't at camp.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The 10th pick got 4 years for 12 million and the 12th pick got 4 years for 10 million which should leave Poe getting 4 years for 11 million.

It shouldn't be complicated.