Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
We aren't winning **** until Amare's contract is off the books, Lin or no Lin. That's just the truth. Just because he did dumb **** in the past doesn't mean we can get a pissy now when he exercises some financial responsibility. It's his money. I hate Dolan as much as the next guy, but it's his damn money.

If the coaches/front office really thought the Knicks needed to bring Lin back, Dolan would have stepped up and paid. You know it and I know it. Dolan wants to win, probably more than any of us. Lin just isn't that good and damn sure isn't worth that contract....he would still be a Knick if it was even close.
I agree with this.

Dolan's not all of the sudden being cheap.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. Knicks are at the cap without factoring in the Lin deal. Sign Lin and we go over the cap by his salary and therefore he accounts for the luxury tax penalty all by himself.
Right, i get that, but your cap is maxed out because it's completely taken up by three players. One of whom sucks donkey ****.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I prefer 1 front court star and 1 back court star. Having both in the front court is a log jam.

I LOVE Stat though, and I don't want to let him go. He's the guy that started this whole thing.

I really think this will all come down to if we can lure Felton back here. The guy is a backup PG in Denver, he doesn't want to be there. If we can restructure enough to get him back next year, maybe even trade for him (I know that's unrealistic though), then we'll be set.

Bc Felton is a very underrated PG. He's not a star, but he's one notch below that. Hopefully Fields worked on his jumpshot this offseason too.
Yeah.....you hated the Chandler signing, thought Felton was a notch below a star, and didn't want Steve Nash because he was "old and slow".
Old 07-17-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Right, i get that, but your cap is maxed out because it's completely taken up by three players. One of whom sucks donkey ****.
Yeah, but that's already locked in. Nothing we can do about it now. Luxury tax is barely even in play without Lin.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We aren't winning **** until Amare's contract is off the books, Lin or no Lin. That's just the truth. Just because he did dumb **** in the past doesn't mean we can get a pissy now when he exercises some financial responsibility. It's his money. I hate Dolan as much as the next guy, but it's his damn money.

If the coaches/front office really thought the Knicks needed to bring Lin back, Dolan would have stepped up and paid. You know it and I know it. Dolan wants to win, probably more than any of us. Lin just isn't that good and damn sure isn't worth that contract....he would still be a Knick if it was even close.
You are not winning with Melo either. So might as well wait till 2015 and start over by that logic. Why bother to make an attempt in the next 3 years.

He is not exercising financial responsibility. He is paying the tax regardless of Lin. Lin was not the difference between luxury tax and no luxury tax.

Dolan was not going to bring back Lin regardless of what his basketball people say cause he got his feelings hurt. This the same guy who was having his pr people putting out things like we will match no matter what. Even had the nerve to put out that he wants to match up to a billion.

Lin got a deal that averages 8.3 per it is not that big a deal for a starting PG. You would have been paying him for his potential to improve as well the fact that he is better then every pg on the market including the one you just overpaid for.

The one that none of the other 29 teams wanted in Felton.

So cause it's Dolan's team that means he can be excused of making stupid decisions?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think the decisions are stupid basketball-wise.

We don't.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I completely disagree but OK.

My argument against Lin -- all basketball, didn't touch on the contract at all -- is in one of the above posts.
Fine dont touch the contract answer this simple question

Raymond Felton is better then Jeremy Lin in what aspect of basketball? gaining weight?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

A lot of what you posted above makes no sense or is patently false. You wanted Felton over Steve Nash a year ago. I will take your opinion on basketball matters with a grain of salt, at best, going forward.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A lot of what you posted above makes no sense or is patently false. You wanted Felton over Steve Nash a year ago. I will take your opinion on basketball matters with a grain of salt, at best, going forward.
I wanted Felton over Nash? I wanted Felton over Chauncey in a D'antoni system. Not over Nash.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Fine dont touch the contract answer this simple question

Raymond Felton is better then Jeremy Lin in what aspect of basketball? gaining weight?
You wanted him over Steve Nash a year ago and called him a borderline star. Is there absolutely no way he gets back to being that player (even if I never thought he was, you did)? Was your assessment that horribly off? If so, why should we even consider what you have to say about Lin?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I wanted Felton over Nash? I wanted Felton over Chauncey in a D'antoni system. Not over Nash.
Damn you making me look up quotes....

Quote:
For 58 million though? That's the part that's killing me. I think this is a good move only if we can grab Felton.

I don't want Nash. Old and doesn't play defense.
Stop telling us about point guards.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You wanted him over Steve Nash a year ago and called him a borderline star. Is there absolutely no way he gets back to being that player (even if I never thought he was, you did)? Was your assessment that horribly off? If so, why should we even consider what you have to say about Lin?
Quote me when did I ever say that I wanted Felton over Nash?. Are the Knicks running a D'antoni system or is Mike Woodson the coach now?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Quote me when did I ever say that I wanted Felton over Nash?. Are the Knicks running a D'antoni system or is Mike Woodson the coach now?
I'll quote it again because it is hysterical.

Quote:
For 58 million though? That's the part that's killing me. I think this is a good move only if we can grab Felton.

I don't want Nash. Old and doesn't play defense.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll quote it again because it is hysterical.
I am not BBD. I am LTgiants.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, poor confused Rob.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I am not BBD. I am LTgiants.
lol. I just assumed you were BBD because I disagree with you point so vehemently (and BBD makes no sense in this thread). Sorry, sir. Long day at work.
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to crush anyone's hope that summer league stats mean anything

Markieff Morris - 24 Points, 17 Rebounds, 6 Blocks in 29 minutes

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Lol, poor confused Rob.
LONG DAY AT WORK! He is still wrong though.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
lol. I just assumed you were BBD because I disagree with you point so vehemently (and BBD makes no sense in this thread). Sorry, sir. Long day at work.
Wel we at least agree about BBD lol.

I disagree with your position that its good to let Lin walk for nothing and that Felton is somehow a better option.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol wtf, i thought he was just yanking his chain lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Just to crush anyone's hope that summer league stats mean anything

Markieff Morris - 24 Points, 17 Rebounds, 6 Blocks in 29 minutes
Jimmer also dropped 30.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am liking the Rockets roster even if we don't go after Howard.

PG-Lin
SG-Martin/Lamb
SF-Terrence Jones/Chandler Parsons
PF-Patterson/White
C-Montiejunas

A lot of young potential on the team.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Rockets are a really cool team. They need to either turn some of those young guns into a superstar via trade or hope one develops before becoming a real contender though. At least your GM knows the value of a superstar in this league though and will go out of his way to acquire one.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

All those guys a are a dime a dozen. They need a star that will stay there.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Just want to show everyone that this is the man who owns my team. SMH