Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will probably be like that for a few episodes but then they'll have to bring him back in because there is a criminal they can't catch without his help.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems completely contrived and needless to me. I hate when writers get bored and decide to start changing **** just to change it.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It seems completely contrived and needless to me. I hate when writers get bored and decide to start changing **** just to change it.
This was my thought too, that it was just something to do now that Neil is back. Of course I'll still watch and see what happens, but I agree that it was a very "TV-esque" move by the writers.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to change things up somewhat. It would get very stale without doing little maneuvers like that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You have to change things up somewhat. It would get very stale without doing little maneuvers like that.
Just seems lazy and, within the context of the show, unrealistic. Peter has this amazing track record, lots of arrests, and is the main reason the FBI bagged that 25 year fugitive. But somehow because of some nameless higher-ups in the Bureau (with no understanding of the situation) he gets no credit, no one with any sense evaluates the Neil situation and says "Wait a minute, this isn't right", and once again Peter's worthless boss doesn't back him up, scolds him, and gives him bad news. Bleh.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Just seems lazy and, within the context of the show, unrealistic. Peter has this amazing track record, lots of arrests, and is the main reason the FBI bagged that 25 year fugitive. But somehow because of some nameless higher-ups in the Bureau (with no understanding of the situation) he gets no credit, no one with any sense evaluates the Neil situation and says "Wait a minute, this isn't right", and once again Peter's worthless boss doesn't back him up, scolds him, and gives him bad news. Bleh.
Ehh come on you know how many things in this show are unrealistic? Do you think the FBI would ever let an agent work with a criminal and then when the criminal escapes they'd let him go unsanctioned to get him back? That's just one recent thing. You're thinking about it way to much.

Peter's boss didn't scold him either. He pretty much lets him do whatever he wants because he knows Peter is a good guy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Ehh come on you know how many things in this show are unrealistic? Do you think the FBI would ever let an agent work with a criminal and then when the criminal escapes they'd let him go unsanctioned to get him back? That's just one recent thing. You're thinking about it way to much.

Peter's boss didn't scold him either. He pretty much lets him do whatever he wants because he knows Peter is a good guy.
I know the show is unrealistic. That's why I said "in the context of the show", as in "given that we are suspending disbelief and have this alternate reality where some unrealistic stuff happens".

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-19-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter ****** up. He did. It would make sense that he would be bussed to another department, especially the one it looks like he was sent to.. some sort of evidence room detail.

I like the season so far. I have no problem with what has happened. I expect it to only last a few episodes before he's back in the White Collar division, but I don't have a problem with what has gone on so far.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Rita on Dexter might be the worst character to ever be on tv. She is constantly crying and whining. How I hope someone kills her. (and I'm only on season 4 so don't tell me)
She doesn't hold a candle to Mrs.Mackey(The Shield).
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Emmy best Comedy nominees:

Big Bang Theory
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Girls
Modern Family
30 Rock
Veep

Get out of here with that ****. Modern Family was terrible this year and while I enjoyed Girls and Veep they do not belong on there. BBT we all know about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just give it to Curb and move on. Honestly awful category. Just awful. Do the people that pick nominees actually watch TV?

WHERE IS PARKS AND REC DAMNIT?!

And if Nick Offerman gets stiffed again so that no talent hack Jim Parsons wins another Emmy I'm going to literally come unglued.

edit: Oh neat, every adult actor on Modern Family was nominated. Really? That show has been downright awful since the first season. Ugh. I ******* hate these awards and the people who pick the nominees.

edit2: Oh Nick Offerman wasn't even nominated. Someone is going to die for that. Four of the six slots went to Modern Family (seriously?) and the other two were Bill Hader (SNL) and Max Greenfield (New Girl). Just an AWFUL list of nominees when the best comedic actor on TV isn't even nominated.

edit3 and I swear I'm done: Community, Parks and Rec and Louie are responsible for 4 of the 5 comedy writing nominations but none of them is nominated for best comedy.. riiight.

Last edited by vidae : 07-19-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I can't believe you guys hate Modern Family.

And vid I don't want this to turn into another Chuck situation so I will keep my White Collar frustrations to myself.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the damn Emmys.

Nick Offerman >>> all

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Greenfield is pretty awesome on New Girl. Love that show.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Bang Theory is on the list ugh

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any list without Community is invalid. Normally I'd say the same for Parks & Rec, but I haven't gotten around to seeing season four yet.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I can't believe you guys hate Modern Family.

And vid I don't want this to turn into another Chuck situation so I will keep my White Collar frustrations to myself.
Nah I don't necessarily disagree with any of your points, it just doesn't bother me as much is all.

And I don't hate Modern Family, but the first season was great and everything since then has been mediocre.. and when they get SIX ACTORS in best actor/actress in a comedy series when the show has been meh it makes no sense, plus they're nominated for Best Comedy and that is just stupid in itself.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Peeps still watch the blasphemy that is BBT ? really ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Max Greenfield is pretty awesome on New Girl. Love that show.
I don't disagree, but no one on that show deserves a nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Any list without Community is invalid. Normally I'd say the same for Parks & Rec, but I haven't gotten around to seeing season four yet.
It was probably their best season so you should get on that asap.

I'm less pissed about the show itself getting a nomination, even though I feel that it deserves it, but to snub Nick Offerman so many years when he is the best actor in a comedy series year in and year out is just stupid. And it isn't close. There is no one close to him in that category. Mehhhh.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent seen Modern Family since the pumpkin catapult episode, but I really enjoyed it up until that point, so I completely disagree with it being bad since season 1. Lately though? Couldnt tell you.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I havent seen Modern Family since the pumpkin catapult episode, but I really enjoyed it up until that point, so I completely disagree with it being bad since season 1. Lately though? Couldnt tell you.
it hasn't been great, but I've enjoyed it, too. don't agree with it being garbage, but I do agree that Modern Family getting nominations over Parks & Rec (and its actors) is garbage. won't even mention BBT because that's obvious
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I never watch the Emmy's but I just found that those nominations were disturbingly bad so I had to post.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I don't watch them either and they don't really matter in my day to day life, I just hate that Nick Offerman keeps getting **** on like this, that's all. He deserves recognition for the fantastic work he does on that show.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Couldn't agree more Vidae.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Emmy best Comedy nominees:

Big Bang Theory
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Girls
Modern Family
30 Rock
Veep

Get out of here with that ****. Modern Family was terrible this year and while I enjoyed Girls and Veep they do not belong on there. BBT we all know about.
Sigh, Curb or Girls better ******* win. 30 Rock is solid enough, but it's nowhere close to Louie, Parks and Rec, or Community anymore. They really need to stop with the ******* Modern Family obsession though, and of course the BBT obsession.

Good news is that Giancarlo Esposito got a nomination for Breaking Bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote