Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think Carroll is much, much better. I really do. He played great under parses once and I'm sure he would again.
I keep imagining Newcastle landing Debuchy and Carroll. I like it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else see that Walcott wants to move to Liverpool?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anita is starting to get salty with Ajax about not selling him this summer. Him and Debuchy would be great pick ups for Newcastle.

Friday is the next draw for the CL, right?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I keep imagining Newcastle landing Debuchy and Carroll. I like it.
Debuchy looks like it's almost done. He is just wrapping up his vacation. Other than that, you never know with Newcastle. I would say 2/3 of Anita, Douglas, Carroll is what I would expect. Maybe we bid on another striker if Carroll can't get sorted.

Even if we just add Debuchy, our starting 11 looks outstanding for next year. Depth will be a big issue, especially when you add in Euro games and the loss of valuable squad players like Guthrie, Lovenkrands, and probably Simpson. Still though, the first team is incredible.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first team is great, but beyond that we're really going to have to rely on some of the youngsters to provide depth. I'm really hoping they get decent run out in the Europa League next season. If they can get the experience in that competition, it could help us for the premier league season.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newcastle really scored some outstanding goals last year. The top 5 are all pretty incredible and could be in the top 10 EPL for this past season (although HBA's vs Blackburn was in the FA Cup).
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Rob do you know if you are going Sunday night?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey Rob do you know if you are going Sunday night?
Trying to convince one of my friends.....bleachers are $80 and right behind the goal, not bad.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trying to convince one of my friends.....bleachers are $80 and right behind the goal, not bad.
I think I paid 60 for the 300's. I just want to see Hazard play but it looks like they brought mostly everyone. I know they love making the trip here but don't know if Mata made it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think I paid 60 for the 300's. I just want to see Hazard play but it looks like they brought mostly everyone. I know they love making the trip here but don't know if Mata made it.
It looks like they should be throwing out some decent sides. I'll be able to convince at least one of my friends.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea versus who?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Chelsea versus who?
PSG at Yankee Stadium.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Mata will be there. Most players get a full month holiday from their last game with their national team. And I believe the Euro final was July 8th. I'm not even sure Terry or Cole will be joining them for the game despite being eliminated 2 rounds earlier.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Euro final was July 1st.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already created the SWDC Fantasy Premier League League. If you want to join either post your email or PM it to me. I think we only had 5 or 6 last year, but we had I think 12 for the Euro Fantasy so hopefully we can make this bigger.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Euro final was July 1st.
Got ya. I knew it was a Sunday. Torres and Mata still get 30 days off from that point.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I already created the SWDC Fantasy Premier League League. If you want to join either post your email or PM it to me. I think we only had 5 or 6 last year, but we had I think 12 for the Euro Fantasy so hopefully we can make this bigger.
On the premier league website?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
On the premier league website?
Yes on the website. Did you join our group last season?
Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Falconer finished way ahead of me and then I finished way ahead of the other 3. Jughead has yet to buy me a beer for that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Damn Olympics!! Mata would have been there if he didn't get called to play.

Quote:
A party of 25 players has departed the UK for the USA today (Saturday) as the summer tour begins.
Five who made it beyond the group stage of Euro 2012 - Ashley Cole, John Terry, Florent Malouda, Raul Meireles and Fernando Torres - will join up during the course of the tour while Ryan Bertrand, Daniel Sturridge, Oriol Romeu and Juan Mata will instead prepare for and compete in the Olympics.
Joining the senior players flying out from Heathrow today were FA Youth Cup-winners Jamal Blackman, Todd Kane, Lucas Piazon and Nathaniel Chalobah, who has just returned from the European Under-19 Championships where England made the semi-finals.
George Saville, a 19-year-old midfielder who can also play in central defence, and Patrick Bamford, an 18-year-old centre-forward who was signed from Nottingham Forest in January, also travel, as do new arrivals Marko Marin, Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard.
The first destination is Seattle with the opening game of a four-match schedule against Seattle Sounders on Wednesday.
The players travelling today are:
Petr Cech, Ross Turnbull, Henrique Hilario, Jamal Blackman, Paulo Ferreira, Sam Hutchinson, Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Michael Essien, John Mikel Obi, Josh McEachran, Ramires, Frank Lampard, Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin, Eden Hazard, Gael Kakuta, Yossi Benayoun, Romelu Lukaku, Todd Kane, Nathaniel Chalobah, George Saville, Lucas Piazon, Patrick Bamford.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

It is through premierleague.com.

The group name is SWDC and the code is 75111-24645.

But again I can send out automated invites.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Debuchy looks like it's almost done. He is just wrapping up his vacation. Other than that, you never know with Newcastle. I would say 2/3 of Anita, Douglas, Carroll is what I would expect. Maybe we bid on another striker if Carroll can't get sorted.

Even if we just add Debuchy, our starting 11 looks outstanding for next year. Depth will be a big issue, especially when you add in Euro games and the loss of valuable squad players like Guthrie, Lovenkrands, and probably Simpson. Still though, the first team is incredible.
I know that SP doesn't agree, but I would love to somehow have Cisse and Carroll on the field at the same time.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I joined. Hopefully will be paying better attention this time. I'm doing something for money so I hope it works out with checking all of them.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know that SP doesn't agree, but I would love to somehow have Cisse and Carroll on the field at the same time.
I think they could form an outstanding partnership. This issue is getting Ba on the field with them. I don't really see how the 3 of them can play together, especially with HBA in midfield too.

The only thing I could think of is....

-----------------Krul--------------
Debuchy--Saylor--Colo--Santon
-----------------Tiote------------
-------Ben Arfa------Cabaye---
------------------Ba-------------
--------Carroll-------Cisse-----

There are a couple issue with that lineup though....

1. Ba will be furious having to play CAM
2. It is insanely offensive
Old 07-20-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
I think they could form an outstanding partnership. This issue is getting Ba on the field with them. I don't really see how the 3 of them can play together, especially with HBA in midfield too.

The only thing I could think of is....

-----------------Krul--------------
Debuchy--Saylor--Colo--Santon
-----------------Tiote------------
-------Ben Arfa------Cabaye---
------------------Ba-------------
--------Carroll-------Cisse-----

There are a couple issue with that lineup though....

1. Ba will be furious having to play CAM
2. It is insanely offensive
I kind of wish they would be more on the attack from the start of games, though. Bring the heat at the start and then, after getting a goal or two, bunker down on defense.