Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Woke up after everything had happened already, just read through the whole reddit timeline, and been keeping up with everything. The tweets from one of the girls that died are just heartbreaking. Apparently she had survived a Toronto shooting just over a month ago. And now this.
that's some ****** luck

just read more. Wow her whole story is just eerie. During the shootout in the Toronto mall, she tweeted about a guy dressed as batman was outside charging tourists to take pictures while yelling "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD"

her situation is straight out of those final destination films

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-20-2012 at 02:19 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
You guys seen this tweet from @celebboutique ???

#Aurora is trending, clearly about our Kim K inspired #Aurora dress ;)

WTF??? That's pretty cold hearted.

I could have maybe believed it was a mistake if it was just put up and taken down pretty soon after realising it was an error, but this has been up nearly two hours and the backlash is pretty strong.

Plus the whole wink face at the end just reads like sarcasm
How dumb can people be?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alex sullivan ‏@sully_2003
#TheDarkKnightRises @Reel_Nerds oh man one hour till the movie and its going to be the best BIRTHDAY ever

One of the people killed in the shooting. My heart just sank.

Quote:
WAITING FOR ANSWERS: Tom Sullivan, center, embraced family members outside Gateway High School in Aurora, Colo., where he had been searching franticly for his son Alex Sullivan, who had celebrated his 27th birthday by going to see ‘The Dark Knight Rises.’ A gunman open fired in the movie theater, killing at least 12 people.

Last edited by Docta : 07-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jesus christ man..
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh, how long until people from 4chan hack the victims twitter accounts to joke about the situation?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So damn sad

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thoughts are with all the families that were affected by this horrific act.

This tweet is absolutely crushing..
"alex sullivan ‏@sully_2003
#TheDarkKnightRises @Reel_Nerds oh man one hour till the movie and its going to be the best BIRTHDAY ever"

This world is a sick ****ing place we live in and people like this make me disgusted. You basically cant go anywhere in the world and not have to worry about some nutjob wacking you.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such an awful story to read first thing in the morning. Just sickening.

I know it was mentioned, but like last month there were shooting at the Eaton Center up here in Toronto. Just a few days ago as well, there were more shootings in Scarborough, which is a suburb of Toronto. It just doesn't make sense to me, how can you go about and kill innocent people. What goes through these people's minds? I really don't want to know.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im back see it again and there is a row of "bros" in front of me talking about it with me freaking clue...disrespectful morons...
Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Im back see it again and there is a row of "bros" in front of me talking about it with me freaking clue...disrespectful morons...
Wait...what?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to make me not want to go to anymore premieres for really big movies.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This is going to make me not want to go to anymore premieres for really big movies.
You can't live your life in fear.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
That's a good point. Regardless, this was the first time in a long time I had gone to the opening night premiere of a movie. I usually can't stand the crowds, long lines, etc. This latest incident just adds fuel to the fire. I think the only movies I have gone to see on opening night the last 10 years or so were these Batman movies.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never actually thought about it before this, but what are the normal security measures for big midnight releases like this? Are officers ever onsite for these?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigger theaters usually have an officer or two. I noticed a couple at the one I was at.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I have never actually thought about it before this, but what are the normal security measures for big midnight releases like this? Are officers ever onsite for these?
this has been my thought process all day. I couldn't help but think this is an issue of lack of security more than anything. granted, the guy snuck in through a fire escape from what I read, but it sounds like he spent a good bit of time in there before being subdued.

the theater I went to in Delaware had probably 12 midnight showings and I saw maybe one or two cops on my way in. we have officers at sporting events and other big gatherings like this, I don't see why a movie premier (especially one this large) should be any different
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole story just makes me ill. I had a nephew at a Batman Marathon yesterday before the premiere. I'm certainly praying for the victims and their families.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
all the terrified people will make sure TSA is now in attendance at larger theaters. can't wait.
The nanny/police state is awesome, ain't it?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hair was colored red. Told the police he was the Joker.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Hair was colored red. Told the police he was the Joker.
I posted this on the last page.

Quote:
this has been my thought process all day. I couldn't help but think this is an issue of lack of security more than anything.
Not sure what more they could have done. It has been reported that this theater usually had a security guard/police officer or two there and likely did last night. If the rumors are correct that he left the theater through that emergency exit to prop it and came back through it, tough for any type of security to stop that. As the joke njx made, this isn't the airport.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not really trying to say any police officer would have been able to intervene and prevent this, although they may have. The guy was decked out in BP gear, but he surrendered to the police, so its hard to know what would have happened if a police officer had been able to respond earlier and engage him.

But I was asking a serious question about the security at these types of events(outside of the regular employed security guard). A midnight release like this is as big of an event as any in most all towns and cities across America. Seems like it would make sense to have at least a couple of officers on duty to deal with potential drunks, hasslers, fights, etc. So I was just wondering if they were indeed there.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Exactly. There is a reason that this is big news. It is a very rare occasion. People talk on twitter about "all of these mass shootings", but really, in the United States, it probably only happens something like once every 5 years or so. In fact, VT was 5 years ago, and I can't remember any big ones between then and now.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Hopefully when technology gets better there won't be the need for pat downs and what not and commercial, convenient machines can just analyze someone and see if they are packing heat or anything harmful...like in Total Recall or something.

Quote:
Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they had those. they were gotten rid of by TSA for various reasons that aren't nfldc appropriate.
Political? I am curious about this.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hopefully when technology gets better there won't be the need for pat downs and what not and commercial, convenient machines can just analyze someone and see if they are packing heat or anything harmful...like in Total Recall or something.
There will never been a 100% secure location. Security is all about making people feel safe, and not actually about making things safe. There will always be a way to beat the system.

At some point people need to stop worrying and learn to love the bomb (though they never will).
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote