Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Organizations you would and wouldn't like to play for?

The other day I was driving home and something on the radio got me thinking about which organizations I would and wouldn't like to play for. So I figured since the boards are dead I would throw up this question for a little fun.
  • Which four (one extra for the homer pick) organizations would you like to play for and why?
  • Which three organizations would you not like to play for and why?
Rules:
  1. Consider yourself a FA with every team offering you a contract for the same amount of money.
  2. This is about organizations not rosters. Make your decisions base upon coaches on up not about the players on the team.
  3. Feel free to include fans and team history into the reasoning.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 07-23-2012 at 10:11 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like to play for:
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Chicago

Don't want to play for:
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams I'd like to play for:
Kansas City Chiefs(obviously)
San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants
Carolina Panthers

Teams I don't want to play for:
Oakland Raiders
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd Like To Play For:

(No real order within the rankings)

- Patriots - For as much **** as they get, Robert Kraft seems like a genuinely good guy and Belichick is the current coach I always say I'd take if I needed to win one game. To be a dynasty and make 5 Superbowls within 11 years in the salary cap era of the NFL is truly an epic accomplishment.

- Steelers - I give them **** because I'm constantly surrounded by their gloating fans who have never had to experience long years of perennial losing. But, that kind of success would be great to play for. They don't make rash decisions (3 coaches in what...40 years?) and you know the fanbase is always going to be there (even if you're not playing at home) and extremely loyal.

After those two...any of the more "classic" franchises with great ownership/leadership. The Giants would be in there though I doubt I'd enjoy the NY media and Tom Coughlin rubs me the wrong way.

While my homer pick would be the Bears, I really don't like their ownership. Rich old people who don't seem to know a damn thing about football, just waiting for their profits to be deposited in their bank account.

There are a lot more I just wouldn't want to play for:

- Jets - Currently at least. They're the ugly step-sibling of the Giants who seems to do anything for attention. And I'd never, ever, play on the same team as Tim Tebow. Ever.

- Bengals - Ludicrously cheap ownership who just seem to aim for mediocrity, since aiming any higher would cost more. No thanks. I like some of what they've been doing, but I want to see it come together.

- Jaguars - Their new owner seems to be pretty proactive in building up the team and fanbase, but seriously....Jacksonville, Florida. Meh. Sub-prime market, team that is easily forgotten about in the grand scheme of things...pass.

- Bucs - Take a bit of the reasoning for both the Jags and Bengals above and you have why I wouldn't want to go there.

- Any place that lacks a great fan base - Looking at you San Diego. The Bucs and Jags like I've mentioned too struggle here, at least recently. Even Miami...definite fair weather fans there.

- Teams that play home games in domes - I just don't like domes. I enjoy outdoor football like it's meant to be played.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Green Bay Packers (Homer pick)
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Pittsburgh Steelers - As much as I hate Steelers fans, their organization is top notch and have rabid diehard fans.
- Houston Texans - I have liked the Texans since they have come into the league and would want to help them win their first championship.

- New England Patriots - All they do is win... but its run by a naziesque regime. Hardly anyone is safe under Belichick's reign.
- Cleveland Browns - The team has been poorly managed for what seems to be forever at this point.
- Oakland Raiders - They have a storied history and diehard fans. Even with Al no longer running the team I think I would still stay away.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 07-23-2012 at 10:39 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which four (one extra for the homer pick) organizations would you like to play for and why?

1. Tennessee: Easy, homer pick. Plus, TH and Drew would have my jersey.
2. Buffalo: It's close to home and I'd get to play in Canada once a year.
3. Pittsburgh: I think it's been said, but a constant contender and an organization that is run properly. Fans are great as well, and the people were extremely nice to me when I went down there in Titans gear last year, of course...that asswhopping may have had something to do with it.
4. Green Bay: Playing in Lambeau on a consistent basis would be pretty awesome, experiencing Bears-Packers rivalry. The cold don't scare me either.

Which three organizations would you not like to play for and why?

St. Louis: Been struggling recently, but I'm more butthurt from the SB loss against them many years ago.
Cleveland: I come from a town that is pretty run down and it stinks, so the bad rep that Cleveland as a city gets doesn't play much of a factor. But the fact that the team hasn't exactly been stellar would be reason enough to prevent to consider them.
Jacksonville: I don't like the teal colour, plus that Steve McNair skeleton thing some fans did last year is something I'll never forget.

Last edited by RufusMcDaniel : 07-23-2012 at 08:57 PM.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers
Cowboys
Redskins (all about the benjamins)
Patriots

Bengals
Browns
Jaguars
Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
- New England Patriots - All they do is win... but its run by a naziesque regime. Hardly anyone is safe under Belichick's reign.
I have to agree with this one. Belichick will use you while you are underpaid and then toss you away like a used rag. Only a very choice few in the "in crowd" are saved from such experiences.

And Belichick seems to be a classic over the top douche of a coach.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville is such a strange organization. If you ask national writers, they'll tell you that Jacksonville is the most vocal fanbase on Twitter, yet they have trouble filling a stadium despite covering up 10K seats. They have had good ownership throughout their tenure, but they make so stupid hires. Both head coaches since Coughlin have been meh. They haven't had a good GM ever. I love the Jags, but there is just something off with that organization but I can't pinpoint it.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are nailing the "and why" portion of the program...haha

Would like to play for:
1. Philadelphia Eagles - I'm a Philadelphia fan at heart and would love to play for what is essentially my hometown team. They are also run very well and take care of their own.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Well-run organization that wins and takes care of their own.
3. San Francisco 49ers - IMO, John Harbaugh is the coach in the NFL that I would most want to play for.
4. Miami Dolphins? - Including them on the list because they are my favorite team. The things I like is the Florida tax situation and the nostalgia. The owner sucks though and the fan base is a "fair weather" fanbase so I'm not sure I'd really be overly attracted to playing there right now.

Teams I wouldn't want to play for:
1. New York Jets - Wouldn't want to play for Rex Ryan and I wouldn't want to live in New York.
2. New England Patriots - Similar reasoning to Cain. Kraft seems like a good guy but Belichick is only interested in your services at below market value and I don't think they are good at "taking care of their own."
3. Dallas Cowboys - I was brought up to hate that organization with every fiber of my being. Just couldn't bring myself to voluntarily choose to play there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you guys saying what you say about Belichick...his players are fiercely loyal. And it's often said that he's more of a douche in front of the cameras than in the locker room.

The guy knows football and his teams are always successful, even when they're grossly undertalented.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
For you guys saying what you say about Belichick...his players are fiercely loyal. And it's often said that he's more of a douche in front of the cameras than in the locker room.

The guy knows football and his teams are always successful, even when they're grossly undertalented.
Honestly what spurred this was a conversation on sports talk radio. Josh Miller former punter for both the Steelers and the Patriots was talking about locker room chemistry as it regards to the Pirates currently.

While talking about it he started to go over the differences between a good locker room experience (The Steelers) and a poor one (The Pats). He went on for a good 15 minutes and explained it was great to win a Super Bowl but that the locker room chemistry for the Pats was abysmal compared to the other teams he had been on.

He even later went on to talk about how people were afraid of just getting cut and things along those lines. Like I said in my post all they do is win but I would not want to be part of that organization if that is how the players feel.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

people arent saying redskins, snyder throws fat stacks at painfully average players. Unless you are an incredible talent, the skins are the way to go lol
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
people arent saying redskins, snyder throws fat stacks at painfully average players. Unless you are an incredible talent, the skins are the way to go lol
Did you read the rules?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, you are there to win a Superbowl. (And make money.)

The closest most of us are ever going to come to a situation like this would be thinking of bosses and teachers we've had in real life. I've had experiences all across the board. Obviously, we'd like ones who are nice AND get **** done.

For example, there was one professor I had in college. He was a real hard ass but was genuinely knowledgeable and I came away from his class having learned more than I had in most others combined.

I guess I'm just saying that if I wanted the best chance to win the Superbowl in any given year, I'd go play for the Patriots.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

making it a level playing field from a financial standpoint eliminates so many teams. some teams willingness to pay would compensate for their ****** coaches and fans
Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I completely forgot about the "and why" portion...

Green Bay- I like the way they build their team. The Packers do it through the draft. They went years between free agent signings. their history is fantastic, their fan base is among the most loyal in the NFL.

Pittsburgh- Like BB said, they are always good. They haven't had a prolonged time of suckage in 40 years. Their fan base might be the largest in the league.

Baltimore- They seem to be a pretty loyal team. They pay their own guys.

Teams I wouldn't want to play for:

Cincinnati- Ownership just doesn't seem to care about winning. They've mad the playoffs in consecutive seasons all of once. And I would not want to play for any team where the owner is also the guy making the football decisions.

Cleveland- The Browns aren't quite as bad as the Bengals. At least they've had some decent success in prior times. But today, they are just terrible. How can you go so long without finding a legitimate QB?

Miami- I love the city of Miami. Of all the cities where there are NFL teams, Miami is probably top of my list of where I would want to play. But their owner is just awful. He doesn't give two shits about football.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
making it a level playing field from a financial standpoint eliminates so many teams. some teams willingness to pay would compensate for their ****** coaches and fans
I guess but its about the organizations themselves not the cash you can make. So naturally some teams are going to be eliminated.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, you are there to win a Superbowl. (And make money.)

The closest most of us are ever going to come to a situation like this would be thinking of bosses and teachers we've had in real life. I've had experiences all across the board. Obviously, we'd like ones who are nice AND get **** done.

For example, there was one professor I had in college. He was a real hard ass but was genuinely knowledgeable and I came away from his class having learned more than I had in most others combined.

I guess I'm just saying that if I wanted the best chance to win the Superbowl in any given year, I'd go play for the Patriots.
Oh I understand. Its really about how much dealing with an environment like that would bother you. I am sure if you are a super star player the situation is going to be vastly different.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay Packers: This is a storied franchise that is very well run with a very passionate fan base. By all accounts, they have stellar facilities and of course a great system in place with their personnel choices. And sometimes it's fun to play in awful weather.

Oakland Raiders: This is my homer pick of course, but this has to do with so much more than this team being just my favorite. This team has a rabid fan base, they have a storied franchise and they have great weather to play football in. If they get a new stadium, this franchise will have that much more to make them desirable.

Baltimore Ravens: Apart from the Siragusa flop in the AFC Championship in the 2000 playoffs, I really have no beef with this franchise. I like the way they play football with intense, passionate and inspired defensive play matched with a strong up the middle running game and vertical passing game. John Harbaugh seems like he'd be a great coach to play for and this is a franchise that has been very good for the past 12 years or more.

Chicago Bears: This last team was a pretty tough choice. It ended up coming down to 2 teams notorious for awful field conditions (the other was Pittsburgh). The Bears won out here mostly because there is so much bad blood between the Raiders and Steelers dating back to the early 70s. I love the fan base. I love the storied franchise. They have the same hard-nosed style of play historically that the Ravens have shown for the past 12 years. And as with the Packers, I actually like playing in really bad weather.

New England Patriots: As I already stated, I don't like the way Belichick runs his ship in Foxboro. There also happens to be recent bad blood with my team (Tuck Rule) and the Boston fans just seem so smarmy.

Dallas Cowboys: This was almost in my top 4 of teams to play for. Then I remembered Jerry Jones and how much I dislike his team meddling. Al Davis at least had an excuse to meddle in football operations as he had been a football coach. Jerry Jones is a very rich football fan who happens to have final say in a football team's operations. Apart from that, they have just about everything I would look for in a team--the amazing facilities, the strong fan base, etc. I want to win and I can see that happening with any of my top 4 franchises. I can't see that happening in Dallas with Jones at the helm.

Any team in a dome: I really, really don't like football in a dome. A retractable roof would be one thing, but domes just seem so fake. Football is not meant to be played inside. Without the dome factor, there are a few teams I could actually see myself playing for--NO, ATL, and maybe even Detroit.

Bonus: No franchise in the AFC West. Just no. Only redeeming quality would be to play for the Chiefs just to have vidae and Splat root for a Raiders fan.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Oh I understand. Its really about how much dealing with an environment like that would bother you. I am sure if you are a super star player the situation is going to be vastly different.
Well, if the Pats are offering you a market level deal (as is the scenario here,) it's probably safe to assume they really want you.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well, if the Pats are offering you a market level deal (as is the scenario here,) it's probably safe to assume they really want you.
... I understand this is your thing but lets not over analyze it.

I just tried to come up for a couple rules so people don't go to the Redskins for monetary reasons or go to the Giants because they think they can win the Super Bowl with the current roster.

I wanted it to be more about the organization and how they treat their players, the fans, coaches and other things that are often overlooked when saying people want to play certain places.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Bonus: No franchise in the AFC West. Just no. Only redeeming quality would be to play for the Chiefs just to have vidae and Splat root for a Raiders fan.
Never! NEVERRRRRRRRRR! *pushes his desk over*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Organizations I'd love to play for:

Giants (obviously)
Jets (close to home)
Miami (hot chicks, hot weather)
SD (See Miami)

The Redskins would be #5 on my list since my fiancee is a diehard Skins fan.

Organizations I wouldn't want to play for:

Green Bay (nothing to do out there)
Buffalo (same)
Cleveland (just a ****** organization)
Cinncy (see Cleveland)

In terms of money, your monetary value will be the same anywhere in terms of contract. Your potential earnings outside of your football contracts will be maximized in NY, which is another reason why that would be the preferred destination.

In terms of winning, I'll say this: Winning is overrated. Players are no different than you and me, they think about the money first, winning second. You can win anywhere, it's a league of parity. So you maximize your dollars and hope you get lucky enough to win a ring.

Lifestyle is obviously very important too. Just being a city guy, I don't think I'd be happy in a GB or a Buffalo, where I'd be spending 9 months of the year in the middle of nowhere.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Never! NEVERRRRRRRRRR! *pushes his desk over*
So, NIP is the studliest of studly QBs with cannon of an arm, a "gives zero *****" attitude and so much clutch oozing out of him that QBs at any level of football within a 500 mile radius report better 4th quarter performances thanks to simply being near him...AND he's available with the Chiefs pick a year after Matt Cassel has the most game managery of game manager seasons....

Do you still feel that way?