Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this means is I'm going to steal Dez Bryant in the middle of the draft. That's all.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Dez's mom have to press charges for this to go any further?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She could file charges.. the DA's office would then see if there's enough evidence to even pursue it.. and considering she's a crackhead, they'll probably just get dropped.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
She could file charges.. the DA's office would then see if there's enough evidence to even pursue it.. and considering she's a crackhead, they'll probably just get dropped.
So Jeff Ireland was correct.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
So Jeff Ireland was correct.
Who cares? Have you seen what Ireland has done with Miami? Might be the worst team in football.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Who cares? Have you seen what Ireland has done with Miami? Might be the worst team in football.
Actually, Miami's only problem is they need a QB. Pretty good D personnel and ST. Better then Dallas. And they can run the ball too. Also better then Dallas. But QB is 50% of the reason you win in the NFL.

Look at the GMen with that ineffectual squad pulling out a SB again. Eli won them about 5 games in the regular season by him self. 5-11 without him.

But this is not about addressing the point about our Player Acquisition and Development approach for the last 20 years. This about you being angry that a Dallas fan would (again) point out the obvious and critique an example of JJ flawed approach using Idiot Dez Bryant.

Perfect example II: Weren't you one of thoes guys who wanted Felix and Martellus? Felix the PT player in the first round (huh? like drafting a kicker) and Martellus who was immature from the get go? Or happy with Spencer too? A guy with a history of stupid at Purdue?

You can go pound sand. Proof is in the results and they are bad and have been for 20 years of Jerrah Jones and his trailer trash family. Money don't make ya smart at everything. Just makes you smart in a few things.

Team sports ain't all about how good you look in tight shorts.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 07-20-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not fair. The Giants are notorious for being height/weight/speed drafters as well.

Our player development is just better, and that to me rests on the coaching staff's shoulders.

Look at how we draft, we only draft defensive players with very long arms, our DL has to be 6 4" 265lbs minimum (with long arms), our LBs have to be 6 2" minimum, our DBs are all big.

We draft for size. We're just as guilty of drafting measurables as Dallas is.

But we just develop that talent better. And again, I think that falls on the coaching staff.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's not fair. The Giants are notorious for being height/weight/speed drafters as well.

Our player development is just better, and that to me rests on the coaching staff's shoulders.

Look at how we draft, we only draft defensive players with very long arms, our DL has to be 6 4" 265lbs minimum (with long arms), our LBs have to be 6 2" minimum, our DBs are all big.

But we just develop that talent better. And again, I think that falls on the coaching staff.
Your retort completely misses the point about drafting for things beyond measurables.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i disagree giants don't have better talent the cowboys or even they eagles, they were 8-8 and after starting 6-2. giants have holes just like everyone else, they're plenty of guys who were high picks who turned out to be average at best for the giants, clint sintim and aaron ross to name a few.

the giants got healthy at the right time and they were the most mentally tough team in the nfc east, thats why they won, not because of overwhelming talent

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 07-21-2012 at 07:29 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones was cleared to start practicing at the beginning of camp. I know there's a lot of Felix haters on here, but when he's healthy and not responsible for shouldering the load, I feel is when he's at his best. Get him 8-10 touches a game and you'll get good production.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Felix Jones was cleared to start practicing at the beginning of camp. I know there's a lot of Felix haters on here, but when he's healthy and not responsible for shouldering the load, I feel is when he's at his best. Get him 8-10 touches a game and you'll get good production.
I don't think I would classify anybody as a "Felix hater" IMO. When your a 1st round pick you have a certain amount of expectations, all of which he has failed to meet. There are a number of reasons why they may have not been met, but regardless he's a 1st round pick that has largely under achieved, people have a right to be upset in that regards.

It says a lot that our role for him as a former 1st round pick is 8 touches a game, but honestly that is where he is used best. I'd put him back there on KO return also. If he can't handle returning kicks and 8 or so sporadic touches he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

He strikes me as a guy though that will hit FA, go to another team and have a much better tenure with them then he did with us for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think I would classify anybody as a "Felix hater" IMO. When your a 1st round pick you have a certain amount of expectations, all of which he has failed to meet. There are a number of reasons why they may have not been met, but regardless he's a 1st round pick that has largely under achieved, people have a right to be upset in that regards.

It says a lot that our role for him as a former 1st round pick is 8 touches a game, but honestly that is where he is used best. I'd put him back there on KO return also. If he can't handle returning kicks and 8 or so sporadic touches he shouldn't be playing in the NFL.

He strikes me as a guy though that will hit FA, go to another team and have a much better tenure with them then he did with us for some reason.
I could see him going elsewhere and being more productive. I personally am not sure why he hasn't been used more in the passing game. I'd be throwing him 3-4 screens a game and getting him into other routes and letting him play in the open field.

That's been a big mistake on our part. Granted I know some of the time he's been thrust into the role of main back and we haven't been able to let him be a niche type of guy.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

...I dunno... I don't think that falls solely on the coaching staff. I think it also falls on the player... and the scouting dept... and the FO for choosing them in the draft... a combination of things. I would include the coaching staff for sure, but I think that was recognized and we saw the effects of that in the coaching changes we made this offseason. Bill Callahan should be a huge help for Garrett and Rob gets "his" secondary guy in Henderson, who from the early looks of it, is very hands on in his approach about coaching up players and he seems like an exciting add. Campo needed to go.

You got the SB rings so I hope our organization can emmulate yours.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Berry was cut from the Lions after his second request. He was penciled in as a starter for them at CB. I'm pretty sure they are going to be interested in Jenkins once Training Camp starts, it'll be something to keep an eye on. I'd be trying to hold out for a 3rd rounder, but then again, I've always preferred to just keep him and have great depth for a year.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo signed... The Cowboys have agreed to terms with first-round pick cornerback Morris Claiborne to a four-year contract at just less than $16.5 million, according to sources. Football cant get here fast enough!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Mo signed... The Cowboys have agreed to terms with first-round pick cornerback Morris Claiborne to a four-year contract at just less than $16.5 million, according to sources. Football cant get here fast enough!!
What a DEAL!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ursue-charges/

I figured she wouldn't press charges. Doesn't mean the DA will drop it, but good luck convicting him.

So question, if he's not convicted what will Goodell do? Still suspend him a few games to make a point?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What a DEAL!!!!
I dunno, hows he look in tights?

Old 07-23-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I figured she wouldn't press charges. Doesn't mean the DA will drop it, but good luck convicting him.

So question, if he's not convicted what will Goodell do? Still suspend him a few games to make a point?
He shouldn't do anything, but he'll probably suspend him for a game.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

He has no reason to suspend him multiple games, 1 game is still in play but I don't think it's likely. An arrest is an arrest, but I still think he views this incident in a slightly different light then a DUI, gun charge, drug charge, etc.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2012, 07:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
...I dunno... I don't think that falls solely on the coaching staff. I think it also falls on the player... and the scouting dept... and the FO for choosing them in the draft... a combination of things. I would include the coaching staff for sure, but I think that was recognized and we saw the effects of that in the coaching changes we made this offseason. Bill Callahan should be a huge help for Garrett and Rob gets "his" secondary guy in Henderson, who from the early looks of it, is very hands on in his approach about coaching up players and he seems like an exciting add. Campo needed to go.

You got the SB rings so I hope our organization can emmulate yours.

I was just pointing out that drafting for measurables isn't something done exclusively by the Cowboys.

In fact, every team in the NFL drafts measurables to a certain degree. And one I thing I learned over the years is the differences btw teams scouting departments and their preferences in players.

If you compare the scouting department of the Giants and our style of playe preference in comparison to the Eagles, it's completely different. I would assume that our draft board in comparison to Philly would be noticabley different bc of their preference for small, squat, quick players vs our preference for large, long limbed, strong players.

Scouting is not a black and white profession. And we have access to about 20% of the info that actual scouts do.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He has no reason to suspend him multiple games, 1 game is still in play but I don't think it's likely. An arrest is an arrest, but I still think he views this incident in a slightly different light then a DUI, gun charge, drug charge, etc.
RG is a loose cannon

Old 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Think there are any real trade talks going on regarding Mike Jenkins?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Actually, Miami's only problem is they need a QB. Pretty good D personnel and ST. Better then Dallas. And they can run the ball too. Also better then Dallas. But QB is 50% of the reason you win in the NFL.

Look at the GMen with that ineffectual squad pulling out a SB again. Eli won them about 5 games in the regular season by him self. 5-11 without him.

But this is not about addressing the point about our Player Acquisition and Development approach for the last 20 years. This about you being angry that a Dallas fan would (again) point out the obvious and critique an example of JJ flawed approach using Idiot Dez Bryant.

Perfect example II: Weren't you one of thoes guys who wanted Felix and Martellus? Felix the PT player in the first round (huh? like drafting a kicker) and Martellus who was immature from the get go? Or happy with Spencer too? A guy with a history of stupid at Purdue?

You can go pound sand. Proof is in the results and they are bad and have been for 20 years of Jerrah Jones and his trailer trash family. Money don't make ya smart at everything. Just makes you smart in a few things.

Team sports ain't all about how good you look in tight shorts.
So what did you think of the Dolphins acquisition of Chad Ochocinco?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Think there are any real trade talks going on regarding Mike Jenkins?
No, I think the team is pretty set with him playing with us this year.