Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I feel obliged to watch the Newsroom.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand why anyone would continue to watch a show if they hate it so much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Good start to Alphas.
Yeah, I liked it a lot. A lot of stuff unanswered but it was a good setup episode for the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I just don't understand why anyone would continue to watch a show if they hate it so much.
To troll, that is it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've never watched a bad movie or sitcom and enjoyed mocking it?

It needs no explanation.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

It needs no explanation.
You're doing it just to be a prick though, right? Just so we're clear here, you're doing it because you're a prick and no other reason? I've had many people tell me that's why, but I figure I'd go straight to the source.

It isn't like anyone thinks you're actually being clever, so it must be just natural prickish tendencies. Confirm or deny?

Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It needs no explanation.
No if there is a sitcom or movie I don't like I wouldn't continually watch it. It makes no sense and it would be a waste of my time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It needs no explanation.
I just don't see The Newsroom as being an enjoyable show to watch if you don't like it. The Walking Dead for instance, great awful show to watch an mock. The Newsroom not so much.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You're doing it just to be a prick though, right? Just so we're clear here, you're doing it because you're a prick and no other reason? I've had many people tell me that's why, but I figure I'd go straight to the source.

It isn't like anyone thinks you're actually being clever, so it must be just natural prickish tendencies. Confirm or deny?
Get a life, man. You spend way too much time paying attention to what I'm writing, which is funny given that you claim to not care what I think anyways.

I'm a journalist. The show is about journalists, so naturally, I'd pay attention since I like watching television. I enjoy being able to discuss the show with my co-workers and colleagues, who were also drawn to it.

I'm one of a dozen or more people that have been criticizing the show in this thread, so clearly my opinions aren't falling on deaf ears as you'd like to believe.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
No if there is a sitcom or movie I don't like I wouldn't continually watch it. It makes no sense and it would be a waste of my time.
I've seen four episodes. FOUR. I'm certain you've committed more than four hours of your life watching a TV show you ultimately stopped watching.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Get a life, man. You spend way too much time paying attention to what I'm writing, which is funny given that you claim to not care what I think anyways.

I'm a journalist. The show is about journalists, so naturally, I'd pay attention since I like watching television. I enjoy being able to discuss the show with my co-workers and colleagues, who were also drawn to it.

I'm one of only a dozen or more people that have been criticizing the show in this thread, so clearly my opinions aren't falling on deaf ears as you'd like to believe.
You're the only person making it a point to be a condescending prick when discussing the show here. Caddy and Brodeur aren't big fans of it, and they're not acting the way you do about it.

It's pretty simple: you act like an ass and you get treated like one. I respect the opinion of others who don't have to go out of their way to be little shits about something, especially when something like a TV show is more opinion based than anything.

Last edited by vidae : 07-24-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh hi sup guys.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You're the only person making it a point to be a little condescending prick when discussing the show here. Caddy and Brodeur aren't big fans of it, and they're not acting the way you do about it.

It's pretty simple: you act like an ass and you get treated like one. I respect the opinion of others who don't have to go out of their way to be little shits about something, especially when something like a TV show is more opinion based than anything.
This is a discussion thread. For discussion. How I choose to present my opinion is irrelevant.

Your vendetta to rid this thread of Newsroom discussion only encouraged me to post more. You escalated this by choosing to make a big deal of it.

These forums allow you to block users to prevent you from reading their posts. You're more than welcome to take that route.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Since you're incapable of reading I'll spell it out for you again: I have no problems with people voicing their opinions about any shows I like. Caddy and Brodeur dislike the show and have voiced their opinion multiple times, in this thread and other means, and I respect them for it.

You, on the other hand, do it just to be annoying. You're not in it for the discussion, you're in it to be a jerk. Those are two very different things.

It's like when you sat there and did the whole "I can't wait until I'm right and can tell you all I told you so!" during Breaking Bad. What did that add to the discussion? Nothing. It's just you being immature and annoying for no other reason.

When you actually add something of value to the discussion I'll be more than happy to read it. Until then you're just being a dick.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Oh hi sup guys.
See, now didn't you like it better when the thread was Dexter bashing?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
See, now didn't you like it better when the thread was Dexter bashing?
I'm more than happy to talk about how Dexter was so much better in the first two seasons than anything they're putting out now if you want. :D

Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm more than happy to talk about how Dexter was so much better in the first two seasons than anything they're putting out now if you want. :D
Dexter's greatness goes all the way to season 4! But then heavily drops off after that :(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Dexter's greatness goes all the way to season 4! But then heavily drops off after that :(
I really didn't like season 3 (the one with Jimmy Smits) at all, but I really liked season 4. That was only due to John Lithgow being an insane badass though.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really didn't like season 3 (the one with Jimmy Smits) at all, but I really liked season 4. That was only due to John Lithgow being an insane badass though.
Yeah, I was gonna say "(Not so much seaosn 3)", but I still enjoyed it!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-24-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jimmy Smits chewing scenery was insanely entertaining. Everything else was very stupid though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch the Newsroom because of Jeff Daniels and it's production value. I just have issues with it, but I have issues with a number of shows I watch.

And Dexter is the most well timed dropping of a show I've ever pulled off. Watched the first four season and then just never picked it back up. Still haven't seen anything past the first 15 minutes of episode one of season 5 and given I've yet to hear a single person defend the following seasons it's unlikely I ever will. *pats self on back*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I watch the Newsroom because of Jeff Daniels and it's production value. I just have issues with it, but I have issues with a number of shows I watch.

And Dexter is the most well timed dropping of a show I've ever pulled off. Watched the first four season and then just never picked it back up. Still haven't seen anything past the first 15 minutes of episode one of season 5 and given I've yet to hear a single person defend the following seasons it's unlikely I ever will. *pats self on back*
Dexter COULD go back to being decent in the next season if they do it right, considering the season 6 cliffhanger (though they waited far too many seasons for it). I'll believe it when I see it though.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Dexter COULD go back to being decent in the next season if they do it right, considering the season 6 cliffhanger (though they waited far too many seasons for it). I'll believe it when I see it though.
I'm definitely hoping they can return to it's former glory.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-24-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*shrug* at this point even a good season won't get me to catch up on it. 2 seasons is a lot of mediocre tv to sit through, and I'd feel really annoyed just skipping straight to season 7.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
When you actually add something of value to the discussion I'll be more than happy to read it. Until then you're just being a dick.
How can you say I've added nothing of value? I've written lengthy, civil, thoughtful comments for the last month that have ellicited honest discussion with a lot of people less hostile and open to new perspectives than you.

Yeah, I get vindictive toward YOU when you follow each of my posts with comments that try to shut me down. How am I supposed to react when you hone in on everything I say and steer the conversation away from the purpose of this thread?

There are no life points awarded for being polite and unopinionated on the Internet. I'm going to be abrasive to you if you feel the need to waste people's time like this by obsessing over my personal opinions that I'm not forcing you to read.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this episode of The Newsroom was better than the last few for sure. Alison Pill wasn't freaking me out with her insanely weird facial expressions, and the story was pretty good. Also wasn't laden with too much preachy politico ******** either, which I appreciated.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote