Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone wake up saturday an nab some tickets for 70 dollars. I forgot :(.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, Steelers cut Brandon Lindsey. Surprising to say the least. I thought he would make a very good run at the PS. Looks like they like Adrian Robinson more.

Edit: Found out it was injury related. I love Lindsey's potential and should have stashed him on IR.

Last edited by Hines : 06-28-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am kinda thinking they will not be able to sign wallace long term before this season, but i do think that if he shows up to play this year under his tender he will be guaranteed a long term deal next season, similar to what happened to woodley. I understand his concern and i dont think its totally fair, but when it comes down to it they need him but cant really afford to lock him up right now. I think its definitely in his best interest to play, he would get a cheaper deal this year even if they do sign him just because of cap issues, if he comes out and plays well he will get a top dollar deal from the steelers because they will be able to afford it and if not he will make much more money next year than he would anywhere this year. I dont think saying things like "they have to be careful with wallace so they dont lose brown" is fair because brown needs wallace and wallace is a better player, but thats because everyone is so down on wallace for unofficially holding out...but i guarantee if this was holmes vs wallace you all would be hating on holmes and saying how wallace needs to be locked up ect.....just the nature of the business i suppose.

I fully expect wallace to dominate in haleys offense, 12+ TDs and 1300+ yards is very doable i believe. This should be his breakout year, all todd haley does is turn WRs into studs, thats his thing, just like arians thing was to throw it deep 10 times a game.

Im really interested in positional battles, i would love to make it to camp this year for a day or 2 i have never been there. this year is really a year of a youth movement on both sides of the ball

adams vs gilbert is going to be awesome, i hope scott isnt even in the conversation. I would imagine that starks is on speed dial should adams struggle, but i think even if he cant lock down the left side where hes penciled now, the right side should be where he would fall to which isnt a bad thing because im not opposed to gilbert on the left either, just on paper it looks like adams is the better LT

lewis vs brown vs allen is another one that ill monitor closely. Im interested to see who gets the start for clark week one, do they give it to mundy again? i like mundy as a backup strong, but not as a starting free. I anticipate Ike and Lewis starting at CB (should lewis struggle allen would slip right in and possibly give lewis a shot at FS) but i think cortez gets the week one start at FS and then he and lewis rotate at LCB until one os them locks it down. I think brown gets the NB spot and could quite possibly lead the team in picks this year, hes silky smooth in coverage and has some insane vertical and ball skills.

rainey vs redman vs batch vs dwyer screams mediocrity but should be fun lol, as much as i loathe redman as a starting back i think he will be serviceable behind this improved oline for a few weeks....as with lewis/allen id like him to split time evenly until one runs away with the right to the majority of the carries, which i think would be dwyer.

taamu vs mcclendon is a quiet battle, but i REALLY like what taamu offers, i think he could lock down NT from day one and run away with it, but the defensive coaches love vets and if mcclendon really is up to 325 (which seems unlikely to me as he was 280ish last year) and he can hold up at that weight it seems taamu might be a rotational player at best as a rookie, although i do not think hes a 2 down NT like many do when they see the "346 pounds" because hes not just a fat slob, hes a mammoth of a man but carries all that weight very well. Its also do or die for al woods, who ive always loved...hes gotta shake the raw label.

hood vs heyward both will play a lot, but with keisel still being our best Dlineman they will have to fight for a starter spot and a spot that spells both keisel and whoever wins the starter spot. We all know that OUTER LIMIT SPORTS IMPROVES YOUR EXPLOSIVENESS!!!!!! with evanders videos being whored around the internet, but heyward in year two should be something special to watch. the man stacks and sheds blockers like hes a boulder covered in butter and he brings down runners with one arm in traffic, hood gets washed out too much and bends around the corner like hes a 250 pound OLB jsut to get blocked out of the play

saunders vs pope is a crucial battle for saunders, saunders absoultely blocks his ass off and really looks like heath miller when he catches the ball, hes got sweet feet and soft hands for a big man, but pope follows haley and saunders is suspended for 4 games, he needs to shine in camp and preseason. Paulson i suppose could make a case as well, hes a decent recieving threat, im really on board with saunders though

quietly i think brown vs sanders could be very interesting too. Sanders is an excellent route runner and has excellent hands, brown is erratic in route running and has a knack for a big awkward catch. I think brown is a BEAST #2, but if sanders can work his way to the outside spot and stay healthy brown would go from beast #2 to the best slot WR in the league, hes got a certain feel for the zones and a quickness that is sporadic but super effective when hes allowed to roam. Ive always like brown more than sanders, but i wouldnt count sanders out just yet

foote vs spence vs sly is a wierd one to play next to timmons, i imagine foot wins it, sly is the primary backup, and spence is a special teamer and possible Nickel/Dime LB

I predict that decastro is a top 5 guard by mid season, and pouncey shakes the hype and overrated label hes been given after last year and locks himself down as a top 3 center again.

a quick mock draft for next season:

1. TJ Mcdonald, FS USCong
2. Chase Thomas, OLB Stanford
3. Dennard Robinson, WR/KR Michigan
4. EJ Manuel, QB FSU
5. Cierre Wood, RB Notre Dame
6. Partick Larrimore, MLB UCLA
7. Dustin Hopkins, K FSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only gripes I have on the post is that Allen won't be the starting FS week 1. We both know it will be Mundy.

I think if Dwyer really does show up to camp lighter than he normally does and shows the coaches explosion, he will be the starting RB. He's a way better RB than Redman and should be the starter. Redman should be serviceable, though. Mendenhall will be back around week 6-8 and hopefully takes off the rest of the year.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 meant to say i think cortez SHOULD get the week one start, im not a clark fan at all but mundy doesnt play FS very well, hes much better filling in for troy

im anhuge dwyer fan and a huge redman hater so i would LOVE to see that

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning will love seeing Ryan Mundy on the field.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Ike Taylor said that Cortez Allen, if healthy, will be way better than him.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If Mendenhall comes back strong, I hope the Steelers at least franchise him. The cap hit won't be too high and no one on the roster compares to him as a pure running back.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Max Starks resigns. Bye Bye Jon Scott.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of depth on the OL well. I love it.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

My girlfriend is taking me to the Eagles/Steelers preseason game here in philly, when do you guys think getting preseason tickets is a good time? Like i know you can get baseball tickets to phillies games real cheap the day of or the day before...would preseason tickets be the same way?

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
My girlfriend is taking me to the Eagles/Steelers preseason game here in philly, when do you guys think getting preseason tickets is a good time? Like i know you can get baseball tickets to phillies games real cheap the day of or the day before...would preseason tickets be the same way?
I'm not sure. I suspect them to be cheap, but I'd rather get them now on StubHub to make sure you get them cheap.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jon Scott is officially cut!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they are usually always cheap.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Jon Scott is officially cut!!!!
Oh happy day!

One more day, gents, and the influx of much-anticipated information will be on its way!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

All Rookies signed.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Would not be surprised if Mike Wallace is signed by late tonight, mid tomorrow. Bank on that.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Would not be surprised if Mike Wallace is signed by late tonight, mid tomorrow. Bank on that.

Oh, PLEASE be true! How sweet would it be to go into camp with all that handled?!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

With all the rumors swirling, it appears it will likely get done at some point.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Harrison and Worilds are all on the camp PUP list. This is a great chance for Chris Carter to take that next step. I firmly believe he will be the one replacing Harrison after the season.

Also, look out for Robert Golden. He's my sleeper this year. If he's a final cut, he damn sure will be on the PS. I think he makes the roster.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i dont think carter has it in him personally

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

yeah me either. thought i'm not big on Worilds. but I hope Sylvester pulls through.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think Carter will surprise. I guess your boy Adrien Robinson is looking good too.

Another thing, I still think Wallace signs. AB's deal will get him in camp IMO.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

ARob, I have a hard time seeing him as OLB, even in 3-4. He was at his best with hand in the ground, stand up he was alright. But if coached up I guess he could do it, though I thought he was undersized during his college years.

Temple ran both 4-3 and 3-4 varying years. Best year as 4-3 end was projected 2nd rd, 3-4 rusher dropped him.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Unless he blows everyone away, he'll get a year on the PS and then go from there. I expect Harrison to get cut, which will give him a shot. Don't see the Steelers not picking up a pass rusher in next year's draft.