Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-25-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My DayZ download is at 70%, almost there guys!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
My DayZ download is at 70%, almost there guys!
Woot! You, Vid, anyone else who wants to come and myself... TOMORROW!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should be locked and ready to go tomorrow. Today should be the last busy day I have, so yay.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I should be locked and ready to go tomorrow. Today should be the last busy day I have, so yay.
I am holding you to this!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone want to get on today?!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Woot! You, Vid, anyone else who wants to come and myself... TOMORROW!
Ill get off at 6:30 so Ill be on around 7.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:21 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one day soon i'll have enough time set aside to **** around again working 6 days right now bs
Old 07-26-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm at 90%. Itching to give this a shot.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you'll be on for awhile tonight I can try to get on in about an hour

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
if you'll be on for awhile tonight I can try to get on in about an hour
Not sure if you're talking to me but I'll probably just get everything set up for tonight, then start playing tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

get Day Z Commander and update your game from that and nothing else and it should run smoothly for less of a headache. I had to learn the hardway you can just google it and itll take your to the day z forum or actual website

Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't listen to Bantx. If a noob like me can get it to run without Day Z Commander, anyone can!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Don't listen to Bantx. If a noob like me can get it to run without Day Z Commander, anyone can!
Its 100x easier to use Day Z Commander and gives an other wise ****** server system a decent overhaul.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its 100x easier to use Day Z Commander and gives an other wise ****** server system a decent overhaul.
I'm scared of change Cain! I thought you'd understand, being American and all =D

What time are you playing today? I feel like joining when I wake up.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm scared of change Cain! I thought you'd understand, being American and all =D

What time are you playing today? I feel like joining when I wake up.
When I get home at 1700 Romeo Time Zone [5PM EST (I realize I must always put this in regards to time now seeing as we have people everywhere)]
Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
When I get home at 1700 Romeo Time Zone [5PM EST (I realize I must always put this in regards to time now seeing as we have people everywhere)]
That is 7am Cain. What are you trying to do to me?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That is 7am Cain. What are you trying to do to me?
Actually I since I am taking next Monday off work I have to stay late today so lets make it between 1600 and 1700
Old 07-26-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have some free time and will likely be playing some Day Z today.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm installing it now, should be done soon.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, nice. You're grabbing Day Z Commander, right?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My tips. Stay prone(Z) or crouched(X) pretty much at all times. Any where near Zombies you should be prone. If you see another person either get out of sight, kill them or get away from them as they will kill you.

Stay out of towns as much as possible... You obviously have to grab gear to start but try to avoid them. Stick to the woods as often as you can. There are hardly ever Zombies there.NEVER run down the road or train tracks.

If you have a hoard of Zombies chasing you down get completely upright(C) and double tap forward(W) to start sprinting. Find yourself a big hill and start running up it. The Zombies should eventually fall off and you can bandage yourself up and get back to what you were doing.

Lastly and to me probably the most important... The number pad is your best friend at all times. 7,4,1 and 9,6,3 are to look around you and are life savers! The num pad enter is 3rd person view and I use it almost exclusively when running around due to its enhanced field of vision.

Inventory management is crucial and this video should help... I didn't realize how to use the backpack until a few days ago due to how poorly it is implemented.

Here is also a good map to have handy. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Gmap/beta/gmap.html
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, nice. You're grabbing Day Z Commander, right?
Yeah I am. Unfortunately I have to make a bunch of small changes to serial numbers and crap to get this thing working first.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I'll be on in an hour or so leaving work now!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My tips. Stay prone(Z) or crouched(X) pretty much at all times. Any where near Zombies you should be prone. If you see another person either get out of sight, kill them or get away from them as they will kill you.

Stay out of towns as much as possible... You obviously have to grab gear to start but try to avoid them. Stick to the woods as often as you can. There are hardly ever Zombies there.NEVER run down the road or train tracks.

If you have a hoard of Zombies chasing you down get completely upright(C) and double tap forward(W) to start sprinting. Find yourself a big hill and start running up it. The Zombies should eventually fall off and you can bandage yourself up and get back to what you were doing.

Lastly and to me probably the most important... The number pad is your best friend at all times. 7,4,1 and 9,6,3 are to look around you and are life savers! The num pad enter is 3rd person view and I use it almost exclusively when running around due to its enhanced field of vision.

Inventory management is crucial and this video should help... I didn't realize how to use the backpack until a few days ago due to how poorly it is implemented.

Here is also a good map to have handy. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Gmap/beta/gmap.html
If any other vets have any tips it might be good to add maybe even create mini guide in the first post.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

I am about to get on... anyone else on?