Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-25-2012, 06:43 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I almost wish they had put some sort of ban on getting money from bowls and some restriction on BCS bowls rather than not letting them play in them all together. that part of the punishment seems to be worse for the players than any others. it's not like these kids are NFL players and they can just move somewhere new without batting an eyelash (or whatever that saying is) transferring colleges can be a pretty big deal you leave a lot behind

I read the Big Ten was going to donate Penn States share of bowl money to charity. Don't know for how many years.

And transferring colleges is not a big deal. A very large percentage of college kids transfer at some point anyway.

Once again, people are losing sight of who the real victims are. And they are not the Penn State fans, players, or students. They are the children that got raped. I don't feel bad for anyone else.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the NCAA actually did a really god job of hurting Penn State while keeping collateral damage to a minimum.

A big +1 to what WCH and NJX said also. The players can leave without any penalty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, other college coaches are outside the university halls stalking and trying to recruit players to their school. They can't step outside without getting hounded. I guess PSU players are locking themselves inside due to that. What a shame.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Wow, other college coaches are outside the university halls stalking and trying to recruit players to their school. They can't step outside without getting hounded. I guess PSU players are locking themselves inside due to that. What a shame.
College football is a ******* dirty, disgusting sport.

I've really eased up on my fandom the past several years. The past two especially so.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously. this. i have no idea why everyone keeps whining about current students/athletes. they can bloody well go elsewhere if they think this hurt their education, or their athletic career. transferring is simply not that difficult, and moreso when the NCAA is making it as easy as possible for current athletes. the entire university ****** up and they can pay the price. no part of me would have mourned at all if their football program had had to be completely disbanded. no part of me would feel any differently if it'd been my alma mater that'd made it as easy as possible for a guy like sandusky to operate.
We finally agree on something. Big 10 fan here and I said right from the beginning that Penn St. should be kicked out of the conference for this mess.
It brings shame on every Big 10 institution by keeping them a member of the conference.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seriously. this. i have no idea why everyone keeps whining about current students/athletes. they can bloody well go elsewhere if they think this hurt their education, or their athletic career. transferring is simply not that difficult, and moreso when the NCAA is making it as easy as possible for current athletes. the entire university ****** up and they can pay the price. no part of me would have mourned at all if their football program had had to be completely disbanded. no part of me would feel any differently if it'd been my alma mater that'd made it as easy as possible for a guy like sandusky to operate.
That's just wrong mate. A very small part of the administration of the university ****** up, everyone else was entirely innocent in this incident. The current players didn't commit the crimes or allow it, the current staff didn't, the current students didn't, the womens volleyball team sure didn't, the vast majority of the alumni played no part in it.

To go back to the original quote that you responded to... had this been the whole Arthur Anderson thing... this punishment is akin to penalising their other clients and the firms that picked up those clients because AA ****** up. Those clients and the firms left picking up the pieces didn't do the crime so punishing them serves no recuperative purpose or do anything but punish people who didn't do the deed.

I'm not saying what happened was right, it obviously wasn't, but targeting everyone who had nothing to do with it and no one that did just seems ridiculous to me. No one being punished by these penalties had any part in the crime.

I don't really have any alternative punishment, it's clearly hard to punish these people who are already all gone, lifetime bans from ever being involved in education/coaching/administration/etc would be a good start, stripping Paterno of wins was fine, forcing the college to set up some kind of charitable institution and fund it would be fine. Costing 10 kids a year a chance to go to college, punishing those already enrolled, punishing the other teams that now have to play PSU and not make as much money, punishing all the other athletic departments that depend on the football program and that type of thing does nothing for the victims, does nothing for those impacted, it does nothing for anyone except punish innocents in my book.

Should all Catholics be stoned to death because a few priests violated some children? Should they all pay and be held responsible for something they had absolutely nothing to do with and knew nothing about?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I really fail to see how this punishes current students. Oh no, you basically don't have a football team and the NCAA ruined your "college experience." gtfo

I fail to see how it punishes other PSU sports. Is the athletic dept. going to generate less revenue? Well obviously. Do other sports benefit from that revenue? Of course. But it's not like the NCAA said, "Hey, let's screw over women's softball by punishing the football program," and likewise I would be pissed if they didn't punish the football program just because they make money that supports other programs. That's what you get if your entire athletic dept. relies on football funds, and your football program screws up.

Finally, while I can see how this punishes the innocent players on the team currently, the NCAA gave each and everyone of them free pass to transfer and play at any other school in the entire country, without sitting out a year or any other restrictions, and will let them be on scholarship. Oh no, you have to move to a new school. Do you know how many people in the country wish they had that option? And further, it hurts future kids from receiving an education? Give me a break, that is the worst argument ever. Yes, because those extra 10 scholarships are the ONLY ones being offered to these kids.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NCAA has no right to give out any sanctions in this case. PSU is tryig to play damage control and accepted these sanctions to shut everyone up a little bit. This is not a football issue. This did not give Penn State an advantage on the football field. This is a criminal case that hasn't even finished yet. If the NCAA is now punishing schools for criminal activities, then why hasn't Virginia received any Sanctions for the murder that took place by a lacrosse player? Where do they draw the line?

It took them 4 years to sanction USC but it takes them only a few days to come up with one of the most severe sanctions ever put in place? Not ony are they severe, but they punish the players who weren't even involved? What ever happened to due process in this country?

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to actually get irritated with the amount of denial you've been in (as well as other PSU fans), but now it's actually becoming quite hilarious the more you talk, kind of like the joke the Paterno family has become.

Keep up the good fight, buddy.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-26-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
The NCAA has no right to give out any sanctions in this case. PSU is tryig to play damage control and accepted these sanctions to shut everyone up a little bit. This is not a football issue. This did not give Penn State an advantage on the football field. This is a criminal case that hasn't even finished yet. If the NCAA is now punishing schools for criminal activities, then why hasn't Virginia received any Sanctions for the murder that took place by a lacrosse player? Where do they draw the line?

It took them 4 years to sanction USC but it takes them only a few days to come up with one of the most severe sanctions ever put in place? Not ony are they severe, but they punish the players who weren't even involved? What ever happened to due process in this country?
Let me lay it out simply for you because you're clearly delusional. UVA administration didn't actively cover up this crime for OVER A DECADE to ensure the image of their lacrosse team wasn't tainted. Please, stop acting like you're the victim here. Your football team is going to suck, you can deal with that. Jesus, between this and the PSU message boards I'd swear there is something seriously wrong with the water in central PA. Cult's of Personality like this (or see North Korea or Jim Jones) are really, truly terrifying. And if you PSU fans think you're better than those other groups I've got some bad news for you.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny that the first smart thing that happened at that campus was the PSU president accepting the sanctions and now the students and a good deal of BoT members are mad at him. The delusion there is sickening.

Also, the due process thing has no bearing on this what so ever. PSU is a member of the NCAA and therefore can withdrawl from that club if they think their rights have been messed with. Due process has nothing to do with this.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 07-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No, they didn't gain an advantage from this. But the cover up did help them. Had this come out right away, it would have hurt recruiting. Covering it up prevented that. So technically it wasn't an advantage, it was more of a prevention of a disadvantage.

And the NCAA definitely had the right to give sanctions. Here are some of the bylaws Penn State violated

Quote:
For intercollegiate athletics to promote the character development of participants, to enhance the integrity of higher education and to promote civility in society, student-athletes, coaches, and all others associated with these athletics programs and events should adhere to such fundamental values as respect, fairness, civility, honesty and responsibility. These values should be manifest not only in athletics participation, but also in the broad spectrum of activities affecting the athletics program
Quote:
Individuals employed by or associated with a member institution to administer, conduct or coach intercollegiate athletics shall act with honesty and sportsmanship at all times so that intercollegiate athletics as a whole, their institutions and they, as individuals, represent the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with wholesome competitive sports.
Quote:
Individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, and they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's funny that the first smart thing that happened at that campus was the PSU president accepting the sanctions and now the students and a good deal of BoT members are mad at him. The delusion there is sickening.

Also, the due process thing has no bearing on this what so ever. PSU is a member of the NCAA and therefore can withdrawl from that club if they think their rights have been messed with. Due process has nothing to do with this.
Agreed. I actually think Erickson, and O'Brien for that matter, are handling things very well, or as well as they can.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just trying to figure out what Santonio's handle is on the BWI board.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
That board reminds me of a group of overweight women at dinner telling each other how beautiful they all are while complaining that so-and-so celebrity is getting too skinny. Can we see the dessert menu?
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
That board reminds me of a group of overweight women at dinner telling each other how beautiful they all are while complaining that so-and-so celebrity is getting too skinny. Can we see the dessert menu?
On a much smaller scale, BWI is displaying the type of herd mentality that allowed the horrors of Nazism (yes, I invoked Godwin).

The Germans only saw that the Nazis elevated the country out of a severe depression and were able to rationalize away the horrors that were being carried out under their noses.

As a side note, I really want to read Santonio's posts there. Come on Santonio, give us your handle.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Tom McAndrew?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So, I just read this elsewhere, but with all the stories coming out now over other schools' coaches at PSU and what not, one specifically mentioned was Illinois. Apparently there was a blog post or story about it, and one of the comments from the person that wrote it was, "Oh, so now they notice a coach that isn't supposed to be on campus."

Gave me a pretty good laugh for the morning.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-26-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why you guys go to the BWI board when you dont really care anything about PSU or about what really happened there. The NCAA punished PSU for "the atmosphere." one of the punishments was making sure PSU players are keeping up with their academics and are required to report to someone from the NCAA. First of all, why isnt every school forced to do this? Second, PSU had the highest graduation amongst major college football programs and the highest among african American athletes. But yet they need to keep their academics in order? So suddenly the NCAA care about academics? By allowing PSU players to transfer to any school without losing any eligibility they are clearly putting football ahead of academics. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

What metric do you use to measure the atmosphere of a program btw?

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
you mean like when they found sandusky guilty? or are you unaware of what due process is, what it means, and why it's utterly meaningless when you're not interacting with the government?
Sandusky got his due process and is rightfully in prison. What about Tim Curley and Gary Schultz? Clearly no one cares about due process for them

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-26-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahaha classic

And people go to the board at this point because it's so entertaining.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I don't understand why you guys go to the BWI board when you dont really care anything about PSU or about what really happened there. The NCAA punished PSU for "the atmosphere." one of the punishments was making sure PSU players are keeping up with their academics and are required to report to someone from the NCAA. First of all, why isnt every school forced to do this? Second, PSU had the highest graduation amongst major college football programs and the highest among african American athletes. But yet they need to keep their academics in order? So suddenly the NCAA care about academics? By allowing PSU players to transfer to any school without losing any eligibility they are clearly putting football ahead of academics. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

No, it would be hypocritical if the NCAA forced the players to transfer so that they could play meaningful football, or took away their scholarships. It's not like the NCAA said they were doing this all to preserve academic integrity, but then took scholarships away from current players which would prevent them from obtaining an education. Any and all PSU players are allowed to stay on scholarship and receive an education from PSU while continuing to play for the football team. However, if they would like to transfer and still play football somewhere, they are free to do so without penalty.

I think someone needs to learn the definition of hypocritical. It's like the Iowa fans that complain that the school is hypocritical for cracking down on binge drinking and underage drinking, but entered a sponsorship agreement with Budweiser.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:

Quote:

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fi... =890&style=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T J
Penn State tied Stanford last year with the #1 Top Grad Rate among BCS teams.

And, PSU's African-American Grad rate equalled Stanford's FB Graduation rate of 87%.

PSU's high academic performance also had no achievement gap between Whites and Blacks in Grad Rates.

If the NCAA truly supported Academics over Athletics, they would be Trying to Get Players to STAY at Penn State, instead of leaving for "athletic" reasons, to go to lower Grad Rate Schools.

It just shows how the NCAA doesn't give a Rat's Rear End about Academics, when they are punishing the program with the best overall Academic Ranking, as published last December.
Hmmm possibly...

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They're allowing it as an option. I'm guessing that any player who's close to graduation is going to stay at Penn State and finish their coursework. Any transfers are likely to come from the freshman and sophomore classes. They can easily transfer and still finish their coursework on schedule.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So yes Santonio does not know what due process is.

sig by BoneKrusher