Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL.com's preseason power rankings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._atl_rosenthal

Not ranked from 1-32, there are instead 6 tiers: Top Shelf, Next level, Contenders, Not sold, Searching for mediocrity, and bottom feeders.

The biggest surprise? The Chiefs listed in the 2nd tier, essentially being listed as a top 8 team in the NFL.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there is no way the Chiefs should be that high. I could see them being listed as contenders. But a top-eight squad is kind of high. And Seattle is rated in the third tier but I think they are worse than all four of the teams in tier four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a giant Chiefs homer and even I think that's too high. I gotta say though, the way this team is being built is a god send compared to what we had in 2008/2009.

edit: They say that it wouldn't be surprising to see any of the second level teams in the Super Bowl but I'd be shocked if the Chiefs made it that far, honestly shocked. I think the Chiefs can make the playoffs and maybe win a playoff game, but I don't think we can hang with the Patriots or Ravens of the NFL yet, not with Matt Cassel at QB.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone would be shocked if the Chiefs made it that far, unless you're the person that wrote that article I guess.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many people in the comments are raaaaaaaaging hard.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#1 Chief's homer here! They have a great team, their defense is solid from top to bottom, they have some great weapons from Cassel to throw too and have arguably the best running back duo in the league. Even with Cassel at QB, i heavily fancy them for their division. That to me, would make them a top 10 team.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
#1 Chief's homer here! They have a great team, their defense is solid from top to bottom, they have some great weapons from Cassel to throw too and have arguably the best running back duo in the league. Even with Cassel at QB, i heavily fancy them for their division. That to me, would make them a top 10 team.
I knew I liked you.

But #1 Chiefs homer? That title clearly belongs to nepg!

Old 07-25-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I knew I liked you.

But #1 Chiefs homer? That title clearly belongs to nepg!
Does he think they're going to the superbowl?

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-25-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Does he think they're going to the superbowl?
Every single year.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Every single year.
Dammit! Oh well, i'm #2 then.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-25-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City has a few difficult games in the first few weeks. At least most of them are at home.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just confirms what I already knew, the SKins have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this season.
Saints/Steelers/Ravens/Giantsx2/Eaglesx2/Dallasx2/Bengals/Panthers/Falcons.

RGIII+Redskins = PLAYOFFS!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be true if the Chiefs had a QB... They are pretty much set everywhere else.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Not sold" is fair. There's a good amount of expectation on what is believed to be a pretty easy schedule. A lot of questions between Fitz, health, scheme, and rookies in prominent roles. We've also yet to prove any sort of winning atmosphere. All I know is I'm excited to see what happens.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I had to make more groups, so that it would work.

Top Shelf - Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans.

Next level - San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears.

Definite Contenders - Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions.

Possible Contenders - Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers.

Not Sold - Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins.

Searching for mediocrity - Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams.

Bottom Feeders - Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts.

Blaine Gabbert - Jacksonville Jaguars

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-25-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I had to make more groups, so that it would work.

Top Shelf - Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans.

Next level - San Francisco 49ers, Chicago Bears.

Definite Contenders - Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints, Kansas City Chiefs, Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions.

Possible Contenders - Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers.

Not Sold - Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, Washington Redskins.

Searching for mediocrity - Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, St. Louis Rams.

Bottom Feeders - Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts.

Blaine Gabbert - Jacksonville Jaguars
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Hahaha, I wasn't expecting people to like it!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

Huh...

I would go something like this...

TOP SHELF: Packers, Ravens, Pats, Giants, Bears, Steelers, Saints
NEXT LEVEL: Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Cowboys, Texans
CONTENDERS: Jets, Titans, Lions, Chargers, Falcons, Seahawks
NOT SOLD: Bucs, Bengals, Cardinals, Chiefs, Bills
SEARCHING FOR MEDIOCRITY: Raiders, Rams, Redskins, Panthers, Colts
BOTTOMFEEDERS: Jaguars, Vikings, Dolphins, Browns

Last edited by Knicks and Bucs : 07-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Eagles should go somewhere between contenders and not sold. They showed flashes last year but were inconsistent. This year i could see them in a race with the Giants for the East.

I will say though that the Cowboys belong in not sold on both list
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I really like what Dallas have done this off-season. Morris Claiborne is still my favourite pick of the draft and with Brandon Carr next too him they have significantly improved their secondary.

On offense they'll have DeMarco Murray for a whole season (in games he had 20+ touches, they went 5-0), Danny Coale can be their 3rd/slot receiver and I think Romo will be more consistent with less pressure on him, because of the defense playing better.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First
1. Packers
2. Patriots

Second
3. Texans
4. Steelers
5. Bears
6. Saints
7. 49ers

Third
8. Ravens
9. Giants
10. Lions
11. Eagles
12. Chiefs
13. Broncos

Fourth
14. Falcons
15. Cowboys

Fifth
16. Bills
17. Seahawks
18. Bengals

Sixth
19. Panthers
20. Chargers
21. Titans
22. Jets

Seventh
23. Redskins
24. Cardinals
25. Raiders

Eighth
26. Browns
27. Buccaneers
28. Vikings
29. Colts
30. Dolphins
31. Rams

Ninth
32. Jaguars
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really like what Dallas have done this off-season. Morris Claiborne is still my favourite pick of the draft and with Brandon Carr next too him they have significantly improved their secondary.

On offense they'll have DeMarco Murray for a whole season (in games he had 20+ touches, they went 5-0), Danny Coale can be their 3rd/slot receiver and I think Romo will be more consistent with less pressure on him, because of the defense playing better.
Murray looked damn good, but a part of me dies every time I see a statistic like this. Teams run when they win, they don't win because they run. Winning teams usually accumulate carries because they're running out the clock at the end of wins.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ishment-clause
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Murray looked damn good, but a part of me dies every time I see a statistic like this. Teams run when they win, they don't win because they run. Winning teams usually accumulate carries because they're running out the clock at the end of wins.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ishment-clause
Dammit WCH! Yeah, you're right. But I stand by what I said!

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why don't the Giants ever get any love? I mean they won the super bowl twice in five years yet both times they get treated like a middle of the pack team who got lucky.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think it's hilarious that anyone thinks the chargers are a playoff team in a not-garbage-west.
I do too. They dominated the West for so long because the other teams just had no talent. Now that the other teams are getting stronger it's showing just how mediocre they were the entire time.