Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me to, after this year Harrison is getting cut. There was a reason they didn't fully guarantee his contract.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Harrison, Clark, and Keisel for sure getting cut after this season.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only reason I see Clark staying is because of lack of depth. Unless someone comes out of camp as a back up, i don't think they will cut him.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think Carter will surprise. I guess your boy Adrien Robinson is looking good too.

Another thing, I still think Wallace signs. AB's deal will get him in camp IMO.
I doubt he has a long term offer on the table at this point. They spent then money on Brown as a big **** you to Wallace.

He has no option but to come to camp and accept his 2.7 mil. Unless he wants to sit out the year, which would never happen.

They'll try again next year. They can franchise him and start the whole process over again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I doubt he has a long term offer on the table at this point. They spent then money on Brown as a big **** you to Wallace.

He has no option but to come to camp and accept his 2.7 mil. Unless he wants to sit out the year, which would never happen.

They'll try again next year. They can franchise him and start the whole process over again.
Steeler Depot said that there is more than enough money to sign Wallace to a contract. Also, I just saw a tweet that said the Steelers would like to spend money on both. I don't think this is done between the two. Everything from what Wallace's friends have said leads me to believe he'll be in camp soon and they'll hammer out a fair deal.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Be nice to sign both, but I don't see it getting done. Theres plenty of money, there's just no real pressure on the Steelers to give it to him now. They can control him next year with the tag, so why bother spending more big money now when giving it to him next year results in the same thing.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Be nice to sign both, but I don't see it getting done. Theres plenty of money, there's just no real pressure on the Steelers to give it to him now. They can control him next year with the tag, so why bother spending more big money now when giving it to him next year results in the same thing.
True. Either way, I still see it getting done.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

You're pretty alone in that view. Bouchette was asked what Browns deal means for the chances of Wallace getting one and he responded that Wallace wouldn't be getting one. Didn't say probably or anything like that, flat out said he wouldn't. And the rest of the Pittsburgh writers agree with him.

But once again, this isnt even wor worrying about yet. It's training camp, I'll tune back in when he misses something like the 3rd preseason game. Glad we got Brown long term.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
You're pretty alone in that view. Bouchette was asked what Browns deal means for the chances of Wallace getting one and he responded that Wallace wouldn't be getting one. Didn't say probably or anything like that, flat out said he wouldn't. And the rest of the Pittsburgh writers agree with him.

But once again, this isnt even wor worrying about yet. It's training camp, I'll tune back in when he misses something like the 3rd preseason game. Glad we got Brown long term.
Steeler Depot believes a deal will get done too.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Apparently Sly was slamming people yesterday in the Backs on Backers drill yesterday. This gets me pumped that he will be a force this season.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Rotoworld, the Dolphins might inquire about Mike Wallace. If something were to change and he became tradeable, what'd you guys think about getting Pouncey and something else back?

Pounceys and DeCastro inside....mmmmm

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Thats my BOIiiii.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
According to Rotoworld, the Dolphins might inquire about Mike Wallace. If something were to change and he became tradeable, what'd you guys think about getting Pouncey and something else back?

Pounceys and DeCastro inside....mmmmm
man finally posting in here.

mmmmmm....no WRs depth.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Still have this feeling that Wallace is going to stay. If he doesn't, I'm never getting another Steelers jersey again. I'm bad luck.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

dude seriously everyone you get the player leaves the next year. ahahahah. I'm sure its just bad timing, gotta buy after contract. Well the Holmes one, he was an idiot.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I might get a DeCastro or a Pouncey jersey next. Woodley or Timmons wouldn't be bad neither.

I got a Tommy Maddox jersey when I was a frosh in HS and that year he got hurt and replaced. Got a Porter jersey the year we won the Super Bowl, got released. Got a ARE jersey right after the Super Bowl, walked. Got a Plex jersey, walked. Got a Mendenhall jersey before last season, about to walk. Got a Wallace jersey on Christmas, probably gone.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Adrian Robinson and Chris Carter both getting extra reps and looking very good. Robinson looked VERY good in the backers vs TEs drills.

Will Johnson is also having a very nice camp according to reports. I hope he beats out DJ for the fullback job since I think WJ will be a nice asset to our offense in the seams and what not.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to training camp yesterday

Marquis Maze looked very solid, hope he can some how make the team, could be a really good slot guy

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I went to training camp yesterday

Marquis Maze looked very solid, hope he can some how make the team, could be a really good slot guy
With Rainey in the fold, it's going to be extremely tough for Maze to make the 53 man roster. I think he'll make the PS, though.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adrian Robinson and Chris Carter both getting extra reps and looking very good. Robinson looked VERY good in the backers vs TEs drills.

Will Johnson is also having a very nice camp according to reports. I hope he beats out DJ for the fullback job since I think WJ will be a nice asset to our offense in the seams and what not.
I've liked the small sample size I've seen of Robinson when he was at Temple.

I like the idea of having a pure full back for Todd Haley's offense

Mike Tirico

Old 07-29-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With Rainey in the fold, it's going to be extremely tough for Maze to make the 53 man roster. I think he'll make the PS, though.
Yeah i agree, it will be tough, maybe just wish full thinking on my part.

practice squad could be an option

Mike Tirico

Old 07-29-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

One thing i forgot to mention, they were throwing the ball to Cotchery seemingly ever play in practice. He could have a up swing in production this year

Mike Tirico

Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor: "Emmanuel Sanders has gotten a whole lot better than last year. A whole lot better. 360 degrees. Day and night. #Steelers"

Nice to hear about Sanders though.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Ike is too funny.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Read that Kelvin Beachem got into two tussles today at practice. I like that.

Colon/Pouncey and LT/Carter got into one yesterday along with AB and RC.

Colon is a bad ************.