Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 07-24-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its got to be the little things holding this deal up. he is slotted to a specific money and years. he has made a point of being @ every OTA and mini camp to this point. the idea of missing part of training camp doesnt make much sense. i just dont see how they are "not close" as Schefter put it. isn't most everything dictated by the players contracts around him?
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is its the years. The top 10 get that 5th year option and he might want that too. But I really don't know.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guarantee money is likely the hold up. Most of those already signed have a fully guaranteed contract. Excuse me, a partlially deferred signing bonus equal to the value of the base cotract.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe has signed. We also signed Tony Ugoh today.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poe but no Bowe.

J
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Tony Moeaki all passed their physicals to open Chiefs training camp and have been medically cleared to practice.

With Dwayne Bowe officially holding out, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin opened Chiefs training camp as a starter opposite Steve Breaston.

via Rotoworld.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry, and Tony Moeaki all passed their physicals to open Chiefs training camp and have been medically cleared to practice.

With Dwayne Bowe officially holding out, 2011 first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin opened Chiefs training camp as a starter opposite Steve Breaston.

via Rotoworld.
I think how Baldwin does this year will determine Bowe's long term future in KC.If he makes no progress the Pioli may have to get a long term deal.But if Baldwin breaks out this year then Pioli could franchise Bowe again & trade him for a pick
Old 07-28-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I think how Baldwin does this year will determine Bowe's long term future in KC.If he makes no progress the Pioli may have to get a long term deal.But if Baldwin breaks out this year then Pioli could franchise Bowe again & trade him for a pick
How do you think he will do? i'm kinda leery(from a fantasy) perspective with any KC player. JC with his ACL, a ton of different legit wr options. so how well do you expect Baldwin to do stat wise to have pioli tag and trade bowe? For the record, I hope they lock D-bowe up until he hits retirement age.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why but I feel like Baldwin is gonna bust out big time. Not this year fully, but he'll show enough to let Bowe walk and explode in 2013. I've just saw a bunch of him in College, followed him out of high school, he was a bit of a knucklehead and relied on his athleticism quite a bit but he's a stud and does things that not many WR's can do.

I will try to follow up in this thread and reports on how he's doing in Training Camp but he's one of the guys I'm going to watch in pre-season. I really expect him to do well this year. He's gotten a ton of useful reps this entire off-season that a young developing WR needs and 1 more year with Bowe to take coverage and attention away from him will do him good for his third season.

I have no clue what scenarios played out with Bowe' contract situation but I'd also be willing to bet they are in no rush until they see Baldwin progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love this anwser from Poe during a Q&A

Q: What does it take to be an effective nose tackle?

A: You have to be a man to play on the inside
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want them to roll out Bowe & Baldwin every year from here on out. Two guys that are just flat-out uncoverable in this kind of offense. They're both going to get one-on-one coverage all year with minimal safety help because of the underneath weapons the Chiefs have and the running game.

They have Baldwin and Bowe essentially taking the top 4 defensive backs on the field out of the game and leaving 3-4 guys to deal with McCluster, Breaston, Wiley, Moeaki, Boss and the runningbacks.

Teams are going to be forced into zone coverage because of what the Chiefs can do to a team that uses any amount of man coverage.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know why but I feel like Baldwin is gonna bust out big time. Not this year fully, but he'll show enough to let Bowe walk and explode in 2013. I've just saw a bunch of him in College, followed him out of high school, he was a bit of a knucklehead and relied on his athleticism quite a bit but he's a stud and does things that not many WR's can do.

I will try to follow up in this thread and reports on how he's doing in Training Camp but he's one of the guys I'm going to watch in pre-season. I really expect him to do well this year. He's gotten a ton of useful reps this entire off-season that a young developing WR needs and 1 more year with Bowe to take coverage and attention away from him will do him good for his third season.

I have no clue what scenarios played out with Bowe' contract situation but I'd also be willing to bet they are in no rush until they see Baldwin progress.
I dont know either. This I do know. Baldwin came to OTA looking buff and playing with intensity. I know its the underwear olympics, but he looked, acted and talked like a guy with a goal and a plan to get it.

Oh yeh. Baldwin has hands. Bowe has them only in his dreams

J
Old 07-29-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Lets stop jerking off over Baldwin until he actually does something guys.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Oh yeh. Baldwin has hands. Bowe has them only in his dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This. I hope he turns on beast mode but lets slow down.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This. I hope he turns on beast mode but lets slow down.
I thought the point is that he already had turned on the juice, such as we have been able to see.

J
Old 07-30-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was reported that during the 7-on-7 & 11-on-11 drills the thing that stood out to this particular observer was how no WR has been getting open. its early and i get that, but it this more to do with a kick ass defense or a lackluster Boweless WR group. i hope it is the 1st and its just a bad ass defense in the secondary. guess we really wont find out until we see them lineup in the preseason.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Tony Ugoh decided to retire today.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i was reported that during the 7-on-7 & 11-on-11 drills the thing that stood out to this particular observer was how no WR has been getting open. its early and i get that, but it this more to do with a kick ass defense or a lackluster Boweless WR group. i hope it is the 1st and its just a bad ass defense in the secondary. guess we really wont find out until we see them lineup in the preseason.
You take Bowe away and you are left with a pretty good slot WR in Breaston a talented but injury prone TE in Moeaki and a bunch of questionmarks.

I mean don't get me wrong I love the potential of Baldwin,Wylie and Hemingway but that is with Bowe freeing them up to do what they do.

With Bowe I really like this group of WR's on paper with out Bowe it's pretty average.

I'm not saying Bowe isn't going to be there he ain't going to say no to 10 million but I would sure love him there right now.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Their DB depth is really nice right now. With Jalil Brown seemingly taking a huge step and the massive improvements to the safety position... It's hard to expect a group of inexperienced receivers to do much against that secondary unit.

Also have to figure in that they're likely running super vanilla offensive plays just to try to get guys in a rhythm.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'd like to see more consistency from him, but it's hard to not get excited from what we saw from him last year and the things that have been coming out concerning his work ethic over the off-season.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

heard Boss was making our LB's look stupid tonight in practice
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
heard Boss was making our LB's look stupid tonight in practice
Ridiculously underrated signing this off-season. It was easily one of the best pickups in the NFL. Going to pay huge dividends. All of the free agents they brought in have made the team chemistry insanely better. It's amazing to see. Winston, Boss, Hillis, Quinn, et al. They're the ones rallying the roster and voicing the greatness of the organization and coaching staff.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Hillis bounces back - I think last year was more of the Browns front office than anything.

How is Stanzi doing?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Ridiculously underrated signing this off-season. It was easily one of the best pickups in the NFL. Going to pay huge dividends. All of the free agents they brought in have made the team chemistry insanely better. It's amazing to see. Winston, Boss, Hillis, Quinn, et al. They're the ones rallying the roster and voicing the greatness of the organization and coaching staff.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I hope Hillis bounces back - I think last year was more of the Browns front office than anything.

How is Stanzi doing?
From all reports Stanzi is the most impressive QB in camp, but he still has a lot of work to do.

And Brandon Flowers had an apparent leg injury at the practice last night. Walked off the field under his own power but then took his pads off and got on one of those carts. I hope it's nothing serious.