Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-23-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Bucks have made a deal!

so far...they acquire Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston, Beno Udrih, 19th pick

Corey Maggette and 7th pick head to Charlotte

John Salmons and the 10th pick headed to Sacramento
i like it. We need a backup point guard and Beno will be perfect for that. Obviously scorers are needed in the NBA, but they are easy to find and always get overpaid and as a result traded often. We go from having 2 of those guys in Maggette and Salmons to now just having 1 so although I'm not a real SJack fan, it turns 2 bad contracts into 1 so I'm fine with that part too. Hopefully we can still get a nice player at 19 as well.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tobias Harris was the Bucks selection...i'm a fan of the pick...he's a hard working kid who performed very well as a frosh at a school surrounded by chaos all year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jon Lauer worth more than Jon Brockman?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was hoping the Bucks would swing a deal and land Derrick Williams but that went pretty quickly after the trade.

I liked getting rid of Salmons and Magette and the move ended up saving us something like $5 million. I kind of wish we stayed at 10 though and took either Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, or Marcus Morris.

I feel like either of those 3 guys would've gave us a much more needed impact and positions of need. Harris is a sleeper but its going to take a few years for him to develop. And his ceiling isn't very high to begin with.

All in all we still need guys to develop and take bigger steps. So far that hasn't happened with picks like Jennings and Sanders. A guy like Williams could've really opened up our offense and give us some potential star power.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn they let this one get away.

Good points though:

Shaun Livingston looked really good

Larry Sanders looks much improved - but still developing

Brandon Jennings FG% was descent until he chucked up a few 3's late in the game while playing from behind

Bogut made it through healthy and made 3-4 FT's

Bad spots:

The 3rd quarter. Their defense and shooting went in the tank which let the game slip away

Technical fouls. Stephen Jackson and Drew Gooden...

Rebounding. We got killed on the glass but an undersized team.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Livingston was a pleasant surprise tonight for sure...Jackson was ice cold and in foul trouble all game which was the deciding factor...this is definitely a deep team and I am excited about the year

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

bye Bogut, hello Monta

Old 03-14-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
bye Bogut, hello Monta
Not just that. Goodbye Bogut/Jackson, hello cap relief. This couldn't have gone any better for the Bucks. Getting Ellis who'll make a terrific backcourt with Jennings, Udoh whom the Bucks reportedly coveted in the draft 2 years ago, and Kwame Brown's expiring contract for 2 pricey guys, one of which was always injured and the 2nd who didn't want to be here.

I'd love to the see Bucks get some run out of Larry Sanders. I think he could have the potential to be a future center for us. I liked Bogut but I'm very happy about this trade.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Not just that. Goodbye Bogut/Jackson, hello cap relief. This couldn't have gone any better for the Bucks. Getting Ellis who'll make a terrific backcourt with Jennings, Udoh whom the Bucks reportedly coveted in the draft 2 years ago, and Kwame Brown's expiring contract for 2 pricey guys, one of which was always injured and the 2nd who didn't want to be here.

I'd love to the see Bucks get some run out of Larry Sanders. I think he could have the potential to be a future center for us. I liked Bogut but I'm very happy about this trade.
100% agree with everything in this post. Have the exact same feelings of Sanders, but I think Skiles wants him to develop another year. He also tends to get into foul trouble, so maybe that has more to do with his lack of PT.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Drew Gooden 3 rebounds from a triple double
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Drew Gooden 3 rebounds from a triple double
He got it!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It's been an exciting game tonight

Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bucks deal Leuer, Brockman, Livingston and the 12th pick for Dalembert and the 14th pick

right now the team looks like....

Jennings : Udrih
Ellis : Dunleavy
Mbah a Moute : Harris
Gooden : Udoh
Dalembert : Sanders

Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

I was really hoping for a SG but Toronto kind of screwed that up for us. Still thrilled to get Henson though and Lamb has some big time potential as a shooter for us.

I like the look of our roster so far. Pretty thrilled to get a legit center plus a top 10 player in Henson by moving down 2 spots.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I was really hoping for a SG but Toronto kind of screwed that up for us. Still thrilled to get Henson though and Lamb has some big time potential as a shooter for us.

I like the look of our roster so far. Pretty thrilled to get a legit center plus a top 10 player in Henson by moving down 2 spots.
I like the look of the roster as well

Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucks signed Ersan.

Pretty solid top to bottom roster.

PG: BJ3, Udrih
SG: Ellis, Dunlevy, Lamb
SF: LRMAM, Dunlevy, Harris
PF: Ersan, Gooden, Henson
C: Dalembert, Sanders, Udoh, Henson

I like how this roster is positioned for the future. Once Dalembert leaves (assuming the Bucks don't resign him) we will have one of three big guys to fill the position. The only concern is at the SG position, but with Lamb we have drafted a guy that is deadly from 3 point, much like Ray Allen and Michael Redd were (not saying Lamb is going to turn out like either of them, but there is hope).

I really hope the Bucks don't go through the injury bug again, because this years roster screams a 5 or 6 seed team. I also really hope that Kohl keeps Hammond, because in my mind he has completely overhauled a terrible roster.

Future Roster:

PG: BJ3, veteran PG or 2nd round draft pick
SG: Lamb, or 1st Round Draft Pick/Veteran FA
SF: Harris, LRMAM
PF: Ersan, Gooden, Henson
C: Sanders/Udoh/Henson
Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I like our roster quite a bit too, lots of different options for Skiles.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

I know it is just summer league, but is this one of the few times where our rookies actually look good? Tobias needs to get PT this year, but man Henson looks like he can and should contribute in year 1, as well as Doron Lamb coming into games when we need a shooter. This is probably the best I have felt about a draft class since we drafted BJ3. Just stay healthy....
Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I know it is just summer league, but is this one of the few times where our rookies actually look good? Tobias needs to get PT this year, but man Henson looks like he can and should contribute in year 1, as well as Doron Lamb coming into games when we need a shooter. This is probably the best I have felt about a draft class since we drafted BJ3. Just stay healthy....
They looked good but just remember that Tobias was one of the youngest players in the NBA last year and Henson is still raw offensively. What the Bucks really need is Jennings to keep improving his shooting, Ersan to stay consistant, and a guy like Larry Sanders to step up. Anything we get from Tobias, Henson, and Lamb are a bonus.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Tobias Harris!!!!!

Bucks 1-0

Old 02-19-2013, 06:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Monta Ellis for Josh Smith rumors out there

Old 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Long time since there was a discussion in this thread, and for good reason considering how awful the Bucks were this past season. That all changes tonight though, and we are in a prime position to finally be able to land the bona fide superstar the franchise has lacked and desperately needs to bring media attention to the team, while also reinvigorating the city and fan base.

Which leads to my ultimate question of which prospect you would rather have become the newest Milwaukee Buck: Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker? I honestly believe you can't go wrong with either, but deep down, I'm hoping the Cavs brass just cant pass up the ridiculous athleticism and ceiling of Wiggins so that the ultra smooth, and incredibly poised scoring machine that is Jabari Parker, falls right into our lap. I believe Parker has the talent, and ability to average 20 ppg as a rookie for the Bucks, and become the cornerstone player that the franchise needs to get people excited about Bucks basketball once again.

Not to mention the fact that he prefers gplaying for Milwaukee rather than Cleveland. When is the last time you've heard of a prospect preferring Milwaukee to any city? That alone should get fans excited about the prospect of landing the Chicago native, because Wiggins has already stated that he's anxious to get drafted so he can know "where I'll be spending the next 4 years." Doesn't sound like a guy would even sniff a second contract with the Bucks, even if it was a max deal with more money to offer than another team.

Parker and the Bucks seem match made, and the mutual interest makes it a no brainer IMO. Pairing Jabari with Giannis (who is now 6'11") Henson, Knight, and HOPEFULLY a more mature Larry Sanders, is a great foundation to continue to build on. I'm interested in your guys' opinion on the matter.

Last edited by Packystan : 06-26-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I want Jabari 100%. He is the perfect fit next to Giannis and would give the franchise two anchors to build around.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Packystan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We got Parker! Couldn't be more excited for next season!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The big question now is who will be the back court mate with Brandon Knight. I have a feeling the team might make a run at Eric Bledsoe in a sign and trade.