Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-28-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Ok, you're being VERY dense. You're the one that said they deserved a fair trial and when I pointed out that they were getting one you then said 'but people are already being mean'. Those are two different things. Figure out which one you're actually angry about. First, both the court of public opinion and NCAA legislation are NOT bound by your constitutional rights. Get over it.

Secondly, to your point about not supporting child rapists. We agree, we don't think you do. But, you certainly don't seem to respect the true crimes that occurred. Let me put it in another scenario that maybe sheds light on why everyone in the world thinks you guys are being immature, disgusting little children about this. Say your neighbors house burns to the ground. They lose everything. Their lives are devastated by what occurred. These people are literally standing outside the burning remains of everything they had accumulated throughout their entire lives. Then they overhear you, their neighbor, whining like a brat about how the house fire increased the air temperature in the neighborhood requiring you to run your air conditioner a little bit more than usual. That brat is how the rest of the world, who maintains their sanity, views PSU supporters like yourself.
So, would it be right to blame the fire on the brats father without any evidence? And since everyone is so convinced he knew in 98, please show provide the evidence. This isn't about Sandusky. Sandusky is behind bars for the rest if his life and rightfully so. This is about a rush to judgement on a man who can't even defend himself. If Curley testifies that Paterno was the one who tried to cover it up, then I will accept it and move on. But IF YOU READ THE REPORT, you would find the evidence against Paterno is VERY slim. I don't understand how people can say such nasty things about a someone without even knowing why. I guess it's too hard for some to read and formulate their own opinion anymore.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if he was the leader of the coverup or told them he was against the cover up and didn't want to be a part of it.

His own testimony says he knew in 2001. Starting at that moment he should have done everything in his power to stop Sandusky. And he did not.

All of those things are undeniable. And that is enough to make him a pretty ****** person. Sorry I don't care how much money you donated or how many wins you have or how many kids you helped graduate. He let young boys continue to be raped. Yes, that out weighs everything else to me. That is simply unforgiveable.

And you didnt answer my only question.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
So, would it be right to blame the fire on the brats father without any evidence? And since everyone is so convinced he knew in 98, please show provide the evidence. This isn't about Sandusky. Sandusky is behind bars for the rest if his life and rightfully so. This is about a rush to judgement on a man who can't even defend himself. If Curley testifies that Paterno was the one who tried to cover it up, then I will accept it and move on. But IF YOU READ THE REPORT, you would find the evidence against Paterno is VERY slim. I don't understand how people can say such nasty things about a someone without even knowing why. I guess it's too hard for some to read and formulate their own opinion anymore.
Here's where you're making another mistake. Nobody, except for you guys, give a damn about Joe Paterno. If he's culpable or not doesn't make the least bit of difference. The culture that was formulated by his success and power as a coach allowed people in power at PSU make awful decisions to continue making decisions at the expense of victims of Sandusky's crimes. That's the crux of everyone's anger.

Again, you're reaching at straws. Based on all of your responses I don't actually know what you're mad at. In some instances you claim that you're pissed because PSU football is being punished. When I say that's justified you then switch course and simply say that you're mad that Joe Paterno's name is being dragged through the mud. Find a stance and stick with it otherwise all you appear to be doing is trying to find any kind of ad hoc evidence that you're being screwed (again, no pun intended).

ETA: The fact that you call him your "father" further demonstrates the extent that a cult of personality was developed at your campus. That's terrifying, truly. Furthermore, and I'm not trying to grandstand, but this should NEVER be about Sandusky. It's about the victims of his crimes and the fact that you continually skirt that further enhances the perception that you're far more concerned with what happens to PSU and their football program that you are or were about the actual crimes committed.

Last edited by andyjo672 : 07-29-2012 at 02:02 AM.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: doesn't matter.

Last edited by WCH : 07-29-2012 at 02:13 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. The administration who signed his retirement contract and those who gave him emeritus status did.
I agree with you on that point. None of what went on at Penn State seems to make a damn bit of sense.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I agree with you on that point. None of what went on at Penn State seems to make a damn bit of sense.
I agree. I think Tom Corbett and the BOT are a lot more involved than anyone may realize yet. I have a feeling that this will get uglier. Everything that has happened so far has been taking attention off of them and it all just seems too fishy. JoeJoe has been calling this one, but I think there are bigger fish to fry than Curley, Schultz, Spanier or Paterno

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't mean they don't all deserve to be fried though.

Figuratively of course. Only Sandusky deserves to be literally fried.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Here's where you're making another mistake. Nobody, except for you guys, give a damn about Joe Paterno. If he's culpable or not doesn't make the least bit of difference. The culture that was formulated by his success and power as a coach allowed people in power at PSU make awful decisions to continue making decisions at the expense of victims of Sandusky's crimes. That's the crux of everyone's anger.

Again, you're reaching at straws. Based on all of your responses I don't actually know what you're mad at. In some instances you claim that you're pissed because PSU football is being punished. When I say that's justified you then switch course and simply say that you're mad that Joe Paterno's name is being dragged through the mud. Find a stance and stick with it otherwise all you appear to be doing is trying to find any kind of ad hoc evidence that you're being screwed (again, no pun intended).

ETA: The fact that you call him your "father" further demonstrates the extent that a cult of personality was developed at your campus. That's terrifying, truly. Furthermore, and I'm not trying to grandstand, but this should NEVER be about Sandusky. It's about the victims of his crimes and the fact that you continually skirt that further enhances the perception that you're far more concerned with what happens to PSU and their football program that you are or were about the actual crimes committed.
I didn't mean that Paterno was my father. I was simply trying to say that it's not right to blame someone without any proof of their involvement (the father was a bad choice in hindsight haha). I'm upset at both to be honest. The NCAA is punishing Penn State for the atmosphere that Joe created. Everyone has been piling on Joe, but can't possibly know why without reading the report. The NCAA made an exception for PSU with these punishments and it's insane. Emmert is an ass and shouldn't be in charge. He claims to care about academics all of the sudden (as they make millions off of their football talent BTW) but while he was at LSU they had an abysmal 60% graduation rate. Also, while he was at Washington, a player raped a girl and was subsequently covered up. Tell me how that man has any right to punish PSU for this? No one at PSU was still eligible because of the decision they made. The atmosphere at PSU is about academic integrity in addition to success on the field, but we get punished for this by a guy who doesn't care about academics or about crimes being covered up to keep players eligible. Again, this is a criminal case that in no way gave PSU an advantage on the field.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't mean that Paterno was my father. I was simply trying to say that it's not right to blame someone without any proof of their involvement (the father was a bad choice in hindsight haha). I'm upset at both to be honest. The NCAA is punishing Penn State for the atmosphere that Joe created. Everyone has been piling on Joe, but can't possibly know why without reading the report. The NCAA made an exception for PSU with these punishments and it's insane. Emmert is an ass and shouldn't be in charge. He claims to care about academics all of the sudden (as they make millions off of their football talent BTW) but while he was at LSU they had an abysmal 60% graduation rate. Also, while he was at Washington, a player raped a girl and was subsequently covered up. Tell me how that man has any right to punish PSU for this? No one at PSU was still eligible because of the decision they made. The atmosphere at PSU is about academic integrity in addition to success on the field, but we get punished for this by a guy who doesn't care about academics or about crimes being covered up to keep players eligible. Again, this is a criminal case that in no way gave PSU an advantage on the field.
Wait, so because he didn't punish people previously you don't deserve a punishment? Fine, I've gone over the speed limit without getting caught therefore let's just abolish speed limit laws for everyone. See how stupid that kind of argument is? Also, can PSU stop with this academic integrity BS. You're an OK university. Stop with this. Everyone points to the PSU players graduation rates but the more I find out about JoPa the more I'm starting to believe he pulled strings to pump those numbers up. Remember, JoPa's players never got in trouble with the law either. It wasn't until later that people realized that was because JoPa would take care of it without alerting the proper authorities.

Also, who cares WHO does the punishing. Just because he doesn't have a perfect history doesn't take away from the fact that there was a cover up at your university that was done in an effort to keep that football's sterling reputation intact that deserved a massive punishment.

Seriously, each of your replies is getting more and more desperate and further away from the actual issues at hand. Give it up. And no more about PSU's academics. You're squarely in the middle of the BIG in terms of academic prestige, nobody cares.

ETA: Also, for the 2nd time I'll say this. NOBODY CARES ABOUT JOE PATERNO! That type of 'poor us, look what you're doing to Joe Paterno' is EXACTLY what I was talking about in the post you quoted. Stop whining about something so trivial in the face of the horrors faced by the victims. Jesus.

Last edited by andyjo672 : 07-29-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
I agree. I think Tom Corbett and the BOT are a lot more involved than anyone may realize yet. I have a feeling that this will get uglier. Everything that has happened so far has been taking attention off of them and it all just seems too fishy. JoeJoe has been calling this one, but I think there are bigger fish to fry than Curley, Schultz, Spanier or Paterno
Also, I love the fact that you continually point out to us that everything is speculation on our part and we should wait for the facts to emerge and then you come out with stuff like this. I guess if speculation benefits only YOUR cause it is perfectly fine.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Santonio leaves out the part that Penn State agreed to these sanctions..................

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Like they had a choice in the matter.

"Accept these sanctions or we will shut down your program for 4 years."

They could have said were taking half the scholarships and Penn State would have had to have accepted it.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I love how Santonio leaves out the part that Penn State agreed to these sanctions..................
I never said I that I agreed with that decision either. Doesn't mean the NCAA had any right to do this. This isn't the first questionable thing the President has done. If these men are guilty of what of what they are accused of then they deserve jail time, not NCAA punishment. I just want to know the truth about what happened. That's it.

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-29-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

The NCAA can give out any sanctions it wants. I don't know what you don't understand about that. Much like the NFL being able to suspend players who have never gotten arrested. It's really not that difficult to understand.

And the truth is a ton of people knew Sandusky was raping kids and no one did enough about it to ever stop him.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 07-29-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The NCAA can give out any sanctions it wants. I don't know what you don't understand about that. Much like the NFL being able to suspend players who have never gotten arrested. It's really not that difficult to understand.

And the truth is a ton of people knew Sandusky was raping kids and no one did enough about it to ever stop him.
Which I think is dumb, since they were made to govern sports and have a level playing field.

Shouldn't they now keep a close eye on all criminal activities that are a part of sports? Like the Iowa WR selling drugs?
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said I that I agreed with that decision either. Doesn't mean the NCAA had any right to do this. This isn't the first questionable thing the President has done. If these men are guilty of what of what they are accused of then they deserve jail time, not NCAA punishment. I just want to know the truth about what happened. That's it.
They put a football program above stopping a child molesting predator. The NCAA took action because THEY DIDN'T STOP A CHILD MOLESTING PREDATOR! The Penn State Hierarchy CHOOSE TO COVER UP A CHILD MOLESTING PREDATOR!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
They put a football program above stopping a child molesting predator. The NCAA took action because THEY DIDN'T STOP A CHILD MOLESTING PREDATOR! The Penn State Hierarchy CHOOSE TO COVER UP A CHILD MOLESTING PREDATOR!
So where in the Freeh Report is the proof that the decision they made had anything to do with the image of the football program?

BoneKrusher

Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Old 07-29-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Which I think is dumb, since they were made to govern sports and have a level playing field.

Shouldn't they now keep a close eye on all criminal activities that are a part of sports? Like the Iowa WR selling drugs?
If a school or team was supporting a drug ring I'm sure they would.

If one player on Penn State molested a kid, the school wouldn't be getting punished like this. Unless the entire leadership of the program chose to cover it up and let it continue.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 07-29-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So where in the Freeh Report is the proof that the decision they made had anything to do with the image of the football program?
Does it matter why they did it? Certainly doesn't to me. They did it.

And really? Use some common sense. Why else would they do it? Cause it didn't bother them at all that he was raping kids?

That's not even the most troubling part. The worst part is that it was allowed to continue for years after many people knew about it.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
If it wasn't why loop Joe Paterno into meetings for it at all?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx with a sig? I haz a confused.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reasonable doubt doesn't equate to any reason to doubt.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also you still haven't answered my question as to why Paterno lied to the Grand Jury about the 98 incident?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Also you still haven't answered my question as to why Paterno lied to the Grand Jury about the 98 incident?
Probably something along the lines of he reported it to his bosses, so his responsibility in the matter was completely absolved. Or he didn't have any proof of anything, just hearsay. Or he's just the football coach, and had no power to get anything done at PSU. Probably a combination of all those, maybe more excuses about how little Paterno knew or had no power at the university.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well in the Freeh Report it states that in Paterno's Grand Jury testimony he said that he never knew of any incidents that took place between Sandusky and little children. He knew about the 98 incident and lied to the Grand Jury during the 01 questioning.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote