Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I uploaded the 2011 49ers NFL Yearbook to my channel on YouTube. Here is the link if you want to watch:

http://youtu.be/KKT5viN2wz8
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ness again.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure if any one has read or cares but we'v signed a new CB Darcel McBath former Denver Bronco .Wonder how this will effect the depth chart ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
not sure if any one has read or cares but we'v signed a new CB Darcel McBath former Denver Bronco .Wonder how this will effect the depth chart ?
Former 2nd round pick. He'll fight for a roster spot and will need a great camp performance and lot of help through injuries to other players to have a shot.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing that we'll keep six WR's and six CB's this year. WR wise, Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins and Ginn. CB wise, Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock and then the other two will be a combination of Cox, Holcomb and McBath even though I think Cox will make the team so he can be the backup returner to Ginn.

Overall, I would say the depth is very good. My only concerns are Goldson because I think that the longer he takes to sign his tender, the more rusty he'll be and the RG position. Other than those two concerns, im not really worried at all and still think that we'll go at least 12-4 barring injuries.

Either way, im looking forward to this season more than any other season in the last decade for obvious reasons. I just hope that this season doesnt copy 2002 meaning that after having a 12-4 record in 2001 and then declining to 10-6 in 2002. If Smith can play as good as last season or better and we can score at least 30ppg and if everyone stays pretty healthy, we'll be very tough to beat.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McBath is a FS. He is not a CB. The Jags tried to use as a CB because.....well, they're the Jags. He was a saftey in college and the Broncos drafted him as a safety. I remember he was looking like a decent player then he broke his arm. Then the Broncos went through alot of changes in their staff and he was eventually cut. McBath has some talent. He's basically taking Goldson spot because most dont expect him to sign his tender until well into the pre-season. But considering we're thin at safety he has a legitmate shot to make the roster. Only locks at safety is Goldson, Whitner, and Spillman. The way I see it, Robinson, McBath, McGree, Nelms, and Colin Jones are battling for the last two spots. May the best man win. Reason I didnt mention Thomas is because I dont see him as a legitmate safety prospect at the NFL level. He's a CB and I think that will be evident once the pads go on.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McBath...distant relative of Steve Atwater.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
McBath is a FS. He is not a CB. The Jags tried to use as a CB because.....well, they're the Jags. He was a saftey in college and the Broncos drafted him as a safety. I remember he was looking like a decent player then he broke his arm. Then the Broncos went through alot of changes in their staff and he was eventually cut. McBath has some talent. He's basically taking Goldson spot because most dont expect him to sign his tender until well into the pre-season. But considering we're thin at safety he has a legitmate shot to make the roster. Only locks at safety is Goldson, Whitner, and Spillman. The way I see it, Robinson, McBath, McGree, Nelms, and Colin Jones are battling for the last two spots. May the best man win. Reason I didnt mention Thomas is because I dont see him as a legitmate safety prospect at the NFL level. He's a CB and I think that will be evident once the pads go on.
Crap!!! After reading your post, I realized that I was wrong. McBath was basically signed to fill in for Goldson until he signs his franchise tender even though I think that McBath has a chance to make the roster. It'll be funny if he can fit right in for Goldson essentially replacing him. LOL.

Quote:
McBath...distant relative of Steve Atwater.
Seriously??? If so and he can play as good as Atwater, bye bye Goldson.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off 49ers twitter feed:
Quote:
S Dashon Goldson (@thehawk38) has signed his one-year franchise tender. http://bit.ly/NwLpYZ
Hooray, no holdout.

Quote:
The #49ers have signed G Leonard Davis to a one-year contract. http://bit.ly/OMCCwY
Goes with Harbaugh's "Mighty Men" theme. Wonder what he will weigh in at.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I was thinking of doing a training camp version of a gameday thread. Then I got to thinking that maybe I shouldn't hog all the gameday threads. So, I'm throwing this out there: if anyone wants to do a gameday thread this year, I'm open to setting up a sign-up or sorts and anyone can take a shot at it. I can continue to do them if there is no interest. Let me know.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, pleasantly surprised Goldson signed his tender so he can be on time. And the Davis signing I was kind of expecting, considering they liked him in free agency but there were some health issues as to why they waited to sign him. There is competition everywhere on the roster. Excited to see the final 53 that comes from these 90 players. And I got some new Niner gear on the way.....football is back!

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 07-26-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
So, I was thinking of doing a training camp version of a gameday thread. Then I got to thinking that maybe I shouldn't hog all the gameday threads. So, I'm throwing this out there: if anyone wants to do a gameday thread this year, I'm open to setting up a sign-up or sorts and anyone can take a shot at it. I can continue to do them if there is no interest. Let me know.
I dont know if anyone else is going to sign up to do that but if not, I dont have a problem with you continuing posting the gameday threads and not only that, you're pretty good at posting all the pics and stuff so I say that you should continue doing it.

Quote:
Wow, pleasantly surprised Goldson signed his tender so he can be on time. And the Davis signing I was kind of expecting, considering they liked him in free agency but there were some health issues as to why they waited to sign him. There is competition everywhere on the roster. Excited to see the final 53 that comes from these 90 players. And I got some new Niner gear on the way.....football is back!
I was definitely surprised too that Goldson signed his franchise tender as I wasnt expecting him to do so until after pre-season.

If Davis can regain what he was a few years ago, our starting OL will be awesome. If not, hopefully, he can provide some depth at least.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear Goldson is going to be on time for training camp.

I'm on the fence about Leonard Davis. He's 33 years old.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Seriously??? If so and he can play as good as Atwater, bye bye Goldson.
No. That was a joke.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Glad to hear Goldson is going to be on time for training camp.

I'm on the fence about Leonard Davis. He's 33 years old.
He's still better than Synder though. And its not a given he beats out Kilgore or Boone. Its just like signing Moss. Its low risk, high reward. And with Looney being out until week 7, I expected us to sign a vet. Maybe not the vet I was hoping for but Davis says he's healthy. And they said he passed his conditioning test, which I think is big for a guy with known weight issues, who's been working out on his own and coming off a foot injury. Shows he's come in prepared and ready to work.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as they didn't sign Davis to be a tackle, it doesn't matter. He's a space eater and will do better than Rachal, at the very least.

Glad to see 'The Hawk' is 'settling' for a one year deal that will pay him over 6 Million, making more in this season that he has combined in the rest of his career. I'm just glad that the Franchise tenders for Safeties are less than most other positions.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if i can do this kind of stuff every day, but here are all the recaps of Day 1 of Training Camp from the major beatwriters and 49ers website.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...91&feedID=5936

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...injures-ankle/

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ornerback.html

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...swift-as-ever/

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/07/27/tra...eport-july-27/

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...s-depth-chart/

Players who performed well according to the various reports: Perrish Cox, Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree (who didn't finish practice), Vernon Davis (improved route running)

Didn't perform so well: Scott Tolzien, Josh Johnson

And my boy Nathan Palmer getting some love from the beat writers

Quote:
Rookie report: The best play from a rookie came courtesy of undrafted wide receiver Nathan Palmer, who stretched high to catch a pass across the middle from Johnson.
Quote:
Undrafted rookie Nathan Palmer also looked good after consistently standing out during the spring sessions. Palmer is not very big - 5-11, 195 pounds - but he is aggressive in going after the football.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness posted an all-time sexy pic in the Training Camp thread. PWilly and Bowman.

I'll add some sexy...

No homer, the 49ers have the sexiest looking ILBs from top-bottom.

Willis | Bowman | Grant | Gooden | Wilhoite

They all look like beasts.

It's scary how much Kourtnei Brown looks like Aldon Smith...

Last edited by phlysac : 07-29-2012 at 11:26 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how has kourtnei brown been doing?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Haven't heard a peep about Brown, negative or otherwise but they had their first pratice in pads today so I think lineman and particularly pass-rushers will start to get some pup now that they can actually be evaluated.

And I think Harbaugh & Co. are going to have a very tough decision on their hands, deciding on this WR group. I dont see anyway Palmer doesn't make this team. Yes I know its early, but he's carried over his stellar play from OTAs, right to TC and is already turning heads. I just cant see them exposing him to the wavier wire if this trend continues. Not when you could possibly have Palmer and Jenkins as your two starters on the outside as early as 2014. Right now, they have seven WRs who could and should make the squad. I have six on my early 53. Unless they stash somebody on IR, or go with 3 OLBs again, I dont see how they could conceiveably carry seven wideouts.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

They don't need to carry 7 WRs as they utilize the TE so much and will likely only dress 4 on game days.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I dont see how they could conceiveably carry seven wideouts.
Which is the likely reason Nathan Palmer won't make the squad. It's insanely early. Every single team's beat writers are slobbering over a hidden gem at this point. The only people aware of Palmer are 49ers fans. Let's wait until we start seeing some preseason games before we start putting UDFAs on the roster.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Which is the likely reason Nathan Palmer won't make the squad. It's insanely early. Every single team's beat writers are slobbering over a hidden gem at this point. The only people aware of Palmer are 49ers fans. Let's wait until we start seeing some preseason games before we start putting UDFAs on the roster.
Like I said, if his play continues its going to be hard to keep him off the squad. We had 2 UDFAs make the squad last year. It's not out of the realm of possibilties that one UDFA could make it this year. If the best 53 includes 7 WRs, I have no doubt Jimbaugh will keep 7. He's always maintained that the best 53 will make the team, regardless of position. They gave the kid three times the signing bonus any other team was offering him just to get him in a Niner uni. They really wanted this kid here for a reason. And so far, he's showing excatly why they were enamored with his skills. Nothing wrong with speculating a little early about his chances.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
They don't need to carry 7 WRs as they utilize the TE so much and will likely only dress 4 on game days.
Sure they don't need seven WRs....just like they didn't need six safties last year. I'm sure the numbers will work itself out when all its all said and done.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think keeping that many WR would be a good idea in case of injury or lack of performance .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote