Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

I'm sure you all have read the sun-sentinel articles by now about Culpeppre being pretty much done in Miami. In case you haven't, one of the articles talks about how Culpepper's 2nd surgery during the season last year was not a minor surgery like he called it but was to repair more damage in his knee and had a 6 month healing period which he is not completely healthy from yet. That makes two major surgeries and he yet to recover from either one.

The other article brings up points about how Cam Cameron failed to say he wanted Culpepper to be his starting QB and that if they had intentions of keeping him for the future, they would have redone his contract to help ease the cap hit while he was rehabbing.

Seems like Culpepper has one foot out the door. My question is, who would you want to see take over at QB? I'm a Lemon fan but I don't know if I want him doing anything more then spot starts. I wouldn't give more then a 7th for Trent Green and I'm not sold on Edwards or Stanton becoming solid starting QBs. I think our best option would be to nab Brady Quinn unless it would be an unreasonable trade up. If a team is gonna ask for two 1st rounds to move up for him then don't do it. However, if we can get him for a 1st, 2nd and a lower pick. Then I say go for it. Your thoughts?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Guy isn't ready for minicamp and everyone is saying he is done, wow, that's just sad, it's just minicamp. You have to still give this guy a chance.

As for QB, I would not trade up for a QB, we have WAY to many holes to trade up for a QB, the only 2 players I would trade up for are CJ (of course), and Thomas. Now, if somehow Russell/Quinn (most likely Quinn) falls to 9th, I wouldn't mind taking him. Before, I hated the idea, but now, I've gotten more into the idea. But, at the same time, if we can get great value for a trade down I'd do that too. It all depends how the draft falls, but if Landry or Quinn aren't there at 9, you almost have to trade down.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
Guy isn't ready for minicamp and everyone is saying he is done, wow, that's just sad, it's just minicamp. You have to still give this guy a chance.

As for QB, I would not trade up for a QB, we have WAY to many holes to trade up for a QB, the only 2 players I would trade up for are CJ (of course), and Thomas. Now, if somehow Russell/Quinn (most likely Quinn) falls to 9th, I wouldn't mind taking him. Before, I hated the idea, but now, I've gotten more into the idea. But, at the same time, if we can get great value for a trade down I'd do that too. It all depends how the draft falls, but if Landry or Quinn aren't there at 9, you almost have to trade down.
It's not minicamp. Did you go read the articles on the sun-sentinel or see the reports by rotoworld? He had a 2nd major knee operation, not a minor one like Saban called it. He is still in the rehab program from that operation and hasn't even been cleared by doctors yet. Reports are that he's 2 months away from even starting football activities.

Read the articles before you comment on them. How can you give the guy a chance when he isn't even healthy enough to make it on the field?

The thing I have a hard time with is why people are so willing to trade up for CJ but not for Quinn? You said you wouldn't trade up for a QB because we have too many holes but you'd trade up for a WR? Tell me the logic behind that. If theres one position we need to trade up for, it's QB. Right now we had Cleo Lemon with the 1st team Hamdan with the 2nd team and Culpepper won't even be ready to see the field for at least 2 months. Add to the fact that QB is the single most important position in football and please explain to me why you'd wanna trade up for CJ and Thomas and not Quinn. Especially when, by all accounts, it will cost more to trade up for Thomas and CJ.

Outside of the Oakland Raiders, we have the single worst QB situation in the entire NFL yet people want to trade up for a WR instead of a QB. I don't care how good of a prospect CJ is, he is only going to touch the ball 15 times a game, if that. The QB touches the ball 60 times each game.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 04-14-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone of those articles is speculation. Cameron has said over and over he won't discuss the QB situation with the media. What would getting rid of Culpepper and bringing in Green do other than lose us money and draft picks?

When Culpepper gets cut say something, this is just media speculation, just like it has been all offseason.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Everyone of those articles is speculation. Cameron has said over and over he won't discuss the QB situation with the media. What would getting rid of Culpepper and bringing in Green do other than lose us money and draft picks?

When Culpepper gets cut say something, this is just media speculation, just like it has been all offseason.

Please tell me. What exactly is speculation about Culpepper saying himself that he had another major knee operation and is still not completely healed from it?

The Culpepper apologists here are getting annoying. The man himself has come out and said he is still not even close to being healthy and still you all think he can be our future.

Is a 30 year old QB that is coming off of two major knee surgeries and has a good chance of not being ready for training camp really what you want to start the season with? If Culpepper suffers a set back then we'd be left with Cleo Lemon as a start and Hamdan as a backup for the season with maybe a middle round draft pick thrown in. Am I the only one that thinks we can and should be able to put a better product on the field then that?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even talking about the injury. I'm talking about Culpepper not coming back. Every thing about that is speculation. That is exactly what I said. I really think you just try to argue sometimes.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-14-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
I'm not even talking about the injury. I'm talking about Culpepper not coming back. Every thing about that is speculation. That is exactly what I said. I really think you just try to argue sometimes.

I think you read a different article then. There was an article about him not coming back but there is an article that is completely devoted to the injury which I think you missed. In the article Culpepper says that he has not been cleared by doctors to play and that he had another major operation and that he working hard but he won't play until he is ready. The article goes on to say that Culpepper might not even be ready for Training Camp.

Plus the question I was hoping for on this topic was, what would you all want to see done if Culpepper is not able to play. As every day some news comes out that is worse and worse for Culpepper, what would you like to see done? I can't believe any of you would actually want Lemon and Hamdan to be our QBs? Hamdan shouldn't even be on the roster after training camp.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

The title of the thread is "Culpepper gone" not "Culpepper injury more severe that originally though". The first sentence is about him being done in Miami. Those two things have nothing to do with the injury, just the speculation of the articles of him being cut. Yes it is concerning that he is still 2 months away, which is why bringing in Green for insurance if the price is right makes sense, but to trade for him and pay him $5 million is just as ridiculous as having Culpepper. Green looked terrible last season, he had a severe concussion that knocked him out for half the season. I just don't see the difference between bringing Green in and just staying with Culpepper.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 04-15-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The title of the thread is "Culpepper gone" not "Culpepper injury more severe that originally though". The first sentence is about him being done in Miami. Those two things have nothing to do with the injury, just the speculation of the articles of him being cut. Yes it is concerning that he is still 2 months away, which is why bringing in Green for insurance if the price is right makes sense, but to trade for him and pay him $5 million is just as ridiculous as having Culpepper. Green looked terrible last season, he had a severe concussion that knocked him out for half the season. I just don't see the difference between bringing Green in and just staying with Culpepper.
i agree completely with the green thing. either way its a guy who played poorly last year because of an injury and noone knows if they are ever going to be back to pre-injury level. i honestly think cleo might end up our starter this year regardless of which veteran is ahead of him at the start of training camp.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

In my orginal post, all I said about Green is that I would not give more then a 7th for him. all i simply wanted to know is what you all wanted to see done with the QB situation because it's not looking good for Culpepper right now.