Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It kind of blows my mind that Beckett just turned 32 this year.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Vizcaino was one of their best prospects until TJ surgery in the spring. Chapman doesn't look like much, but he could make the show out of the pen.
TRADING ARODYS? ARE YOU SERIOUS BRAVES? Stupid stupid stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Snider looks to be have been traded. Just speculating, but to the Cubs for Garza?
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Traded to Pirates for Brad Lincoln. Good buy low by Pitt. Snider still young with a lot of upside

Lincoln blows
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or to the Pirates for Brad Lincoln.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Traded to Pirates for Brad Lincoln. Good buy low by Pitt. Snider still young with a lot of upside

Lincoln blows
If the Jays put him in the rotation, yes. If they keep him in the pen, no.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Vizcaino was one of their best prospects until TJ surgery in the spring. Chapman doesn't look like much, but he could make the show out of the pen.
Love that deal for the Cubs. Reed Johnson is a backup OFer and Maholm was a sell high guy. He's a #4-5 starter

Vizcaino is coming off TJ surgery but he actually has better pure stuff than Delgado(who was who they'd get for Dempster). Whether or not he sticks as a SP is to be determined, but he has legit #2 stuff...and worst case scenario is he probably ends up as the cubs future closer

Good return
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lincoln blows
Between this and flipping Napoli for Franky Frank, AA has lost a lot of his luster.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If the Jays put him in the rotation, yes. If they keep him in the pen, no.
Still, getting a young everyday player who still has a lot of upside>RP arm

Though I'm not high on Snider, but I still don't blame Pitt for buying low on him and seeing how things work out
Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pirates will give Snider ABs. I like the deal for the Pirates.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Still, getting a young everyday player who still has a lot of upside>RP arm

Though I'm not high on Snider, but I still don't blame Pitt for buying low on him and seeing how things work out
I personally thought Lincoln was going to be our closer next year.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Between this and flipping Napoli for Franky Frank, AA has lost a lot of his luster.
He gets style points back for swiping Jeff Mathis from the Halos for Brad Mills

Mathis putting up a .792 OPS with legendary defense behind the plate. Dude even pitched in with 2 IP

STUD
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Pirates will give Snider ABs. I like the deal for the Pirates.
Well no ****, you'd be stupid not to.

Quote:
I personally thought Lincoln was going to be our closer next year.
Meh, I would have doubted that he'd get it done.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Well no ****, you'd be stupid not to.

Meh, I would have doubted that he'd get it done.
He's no Hammer, but I think he could get it done. I wonder what else the Pirates do. They have a **** ton of AAA arms that could be put in the bullpen, but I hope they go after Jose Mijares.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, and even if he did end up as the closer, a good everyday hitter still is more valuable to a team than a closer/rp. Pirates just got a young OFer with upside for little to nothing
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
He's no Hammer, but I think he could get it done. I wonder what else the Pirates do. They have a **** ton of AAA arms that could be put in the bullpen, but I hope they go after Jose Mijares.
Back off, the Halos need a solid lefty in the pen
Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, and even if he did end up as the closer, a good everyday hitter still is more valuable to a team than a closer/rp. Pirates just got a young OFer with upside for little to nothing
Pretty much. Relievers, unless they're Mariano Rivera or something, are pretty easy to find and replaceable. Just throw **** at the wall every year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Pretty much. Relievers, unless they're Mariano Rivera or something, are pretty easy to find and replaceable. Just throw **** at the wall every year.
Which is why I expect Hammer to get traded this winter.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aroldis Chapman and his 2.6 WAR laugh at you.

(Yeah, I'm aware that Chapman is a huge exception to the rule, especially since he should be a starter. Just pointing out that he has a freakin' 2.6 WAR.)

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Aroldis Chapman and his 2.6 WAR laugh at you.

(Yeah, I'm aware that Chapman is a huge exception to the rule, especially since he should be a starter. Just pointing out that he has a freakin' 2.6 WAR.)
Brad Lincoln is not Aroldis Chapman.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at this hope for snider to turn it around. His problem is that he sucks vs big league pitchers. He has no plate vision and just hits for hrs
Old 07-30-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brad Lincoln is not Aroldis Chapman.
Never claimed he was. I was just isolating a random bit and making a completely new conversation out of it.

Got a problem with that?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wonder what the Pirates do next. I don't think they go in the stretch run with two unproven corner OFers.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Lol at this hope for snider to turn it around. His problem is that he sucks vs big league pitchers. He has no plate vision and just hits for hrs
You'll see when he hits well in Pitt. AA now has two godawful trades to his name, in addition to the weird ass trade to acquire JA Happ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Never claimed he was. I was just isolating a random bit and making a completely new conversation out of it.

Got a problem with that?
I'm okay with it. The success of him and Craig Kimbrel amuse me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Only 24 years old, still time for him