Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Wow didnt see this one coming. Not full time anyway. Per ESPN

OXNARD, Calif. -- Dez Bryant will be the Cowboys punt returner in 2012.

The Cowboys were leery of using the wide receiver in that spot last year, choosing to limit his work in part for fear of injury, but they have had a philosophical change of heart in 2012.
i heard this on espn dallas radio over a month ago. the reason their allowing him to do it is supposedly the decision has already been made that they will not re-sign dez once his rookie deal runs out so they're not worried about him getting hurt b/c he is not in the future, not my words, their todd archer's, so make of it what you will

extremely excited to see johnson is healthy im anxious to see what he can do i'm still predicting (hoping b/c pool couldn't even beat out eric smith last year)either he or church earns the other safety spot

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 07-29-2012 at 11:12 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw this youtube, and i had to share this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvRrv...&feature=g-u-u

where does this one go on the list embarrassing quotes from JJ?

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 07-29-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i heard this on espn dallas radio over a month ago. the reason their allowing him to do it is supposedly the decision has already been made that they will not re-sign dez once his rookie deal runs out so they're not worried about him getting hurt b/c he is not in the future, not my words, their todd archer's, so make of it what you will
I hope you don't take offense by this, since they're obviously not your words, but this by far one of the most ******** theories involving anything, i've heard in quite some time.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:

extremely excited to see johnson is healthy im anxious to see what he can do i'm still predicting (hoping b/c pool couldn't even beat out eric smith last year)either he or church earns the other safety spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I hope you don't take offense by this, since they're obviously not your words, but this by far one of the most ******** theories involving anything, i've heard in quite some time.
i said the same thing too when i heard it too but of course its from insiders of espn dallas

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 07-30-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Training camp FINALLY here! Where is everybody?

Giants lose T Thomas to a knee again. Sucks for that guy

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Training camp FINALLY here! Where is everybody?

Giants lose T Thomas to a knee again. Sucks for that guy
That does suck. Obviously helps our cause, but you never wish that on a player, and he was a good guy too. Besides, who knows what injuries await us during camp. Hopefully nothing serious. There is nothing more than reading the reports and seeing someone get carted off.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thoughts from the first day of training camp:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

You will hear all kinds of crazy things about the type of day Mo Claiborne had, but I am going to take the approach that it was a good day for the rookie. I knew there were going to be days when he was going to struggle in coverage and today was one of those days. It’s not easy to deal with Dez Bryant, Miles Austin or even Dwayne Harris. Bryant gave the rookie a lesson today in route running. Bryant took him all over the field, but you know that is a good thing. I liked that Dez showed him the “4” and “5”. It was good for Ogletree to show him the “9” and let him play against all these looks. As Jason Garrett would say, it’s not easy in this league. The more routes that Claiborne sees, the better prepared he will be. I don’t see it as a bad day for Claiborne, but a good learning one.

Thought Brandon Carr had an interesting practice today. When he can get his hands on the receiver, he is outstanding. There were plenty of opportunities when he had to face Dez Bryant and there were good battles on both sides of the ball. When Carr struggled the most is when the routes went inside and had to carry the receiver across the formation. Bryant ran a “4” against Carr, who was unable to keep up. Carr didn’t have the burst to run with Bryant nor did he later in the period when Ogletree ran the same route and got separation. There doesn’t seem to be an issue with Carr going up the field, but carrying routes across just got my attention.

Been talking throughout the spring and now into the summer about how wide receiver Cole Beasleywas making a push to be noticed every day in practice, but today a different group of receivers stepped up and caught my eye. Rookies Tim Benford and Saalim Hakim brought their “A” games today. Benford was quick in and out of his breaks. Hands were solid and dependable. Hakim is an explosive player that finally looks like he is in shape. In the rookie camps and OTAs, he wasn’t. Hakim has a second gear with the ability to run away from people. In one of the last plays in practice he ran an “8” cut and caught the ball on the move. The pass was a strike from Stephen McGeewho had been struggling with his accuracy. Hakim doesn’t return punts but look for him on kick off returns.

Really liked the day that running backs Phillip Tanner and Ed Wesley had. Thought that both carried the ball with some power and authority. Both of these guys are loads to deal with in the open field. Tanner carried the ball hard downhill in the run period getting the ball off the tackle, while Wesley once again used his vision and quickness to make some nice backside cuts. Both of these backs catch the ball well out of the backfield, but where Tanner has the advantage is as a pass protector. These backs are really going to shine when the pads do come on.

Jay Ratliff sat out Monday's practice, so that meant Josh Brent and Robert Callaway took the majority of the reps today. Brent did a better job of getting off blocks and playing with his hands. Where he has struggled before is when he gets in too many personal battles and the ball goes by him. Today, he was much better. Callaway is a large man, but plays with little man quickness. One of Callaway’s strengths is when he can do things on the move. When he can shoot the gap, he is a problem to handle. There were several plays Monday when Brent and Callaway were up the field and into the backfield quickly which is a good sign for this defensive front.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 07-31-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Comment From Guest
Why would they have Dez return punts when the past two years he was injured doing it? I know hes the best on the team but couldnt we get those yards back with the offense wonas much risk of injury?
1:03

Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas): I've always been on board with Bryant returning punts. Put your most dynamic playmakers in position to make as many plays as possible. If you're scared of him getting hurt, are you never going to call a play that asks him to run a slant or crossing route?

Maybe changing their tune? Not much in that answer...

Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Comment From Guest
Why would they have Dez return punts when the past two years he was injured doing it? I know hes the best on the team but couldnt we get those yards back with the offense wonas much risk of injury?
1:03

Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas): I've always been on board with Bryant returning punts. Put your most dynamic playmakers in position to make as many plays as possible. If you're scared of him getting hurt, are you never going to call a play that asks him to run a slant or crossing route?

Maybe changing their tune? Not much in that answer...
the comment i heard was from archer, and his reason was specifically they want use him in as much stuff and not worry about him suffering an injury that would damage his career b/c they've gone thru much stuff with him that they just waiting for someone to trade for him or his rookie deal to run out.

i dont believe any of it myself, i heard it on ben and skin, they're pretty much dez haterz anyway. i still miss michael irvin show, oh well

speaking of dez, he gave claiborne the business yesterday, should good practice for claiborne going up against a guy of that talent level everyday of training camp, hopefully it will accelerate his learning curve
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a hell of a battle going on between Carr and Bryant in camp. This is the type of battle that will make both players better. Wish I were there taking it in.

Mo Claiborne is taking his lumps, but that's how you learn. So I'm not too worried about him getting beat at all. Playing against talent like Miles and Dez will only make him better.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Sounds like a hell of a battle going on between Carr and Bryant in camp. This is the type of battle that will make both players better. Wish I were there taking it in.

Mo Claiborne is taking his lumps, but that's how you learn. So I'm not too worried about him getting beat at all. Playing against talent like Miles and Dez will only make him better.
It is a huge benifit to have two physical playmakers in Dez/ Miles on the outside to baptize Mo during camp and an even bigger luxary to have two battle tested corners in Jenkins/Scandrick to easy Clairborne into his role as a rookie.

Everyone has very high expectations on the player he should turn into but don't be surprised of Scandrick and Jenkins start the season as the #2/3 combo, while Claiborne works his way in on Dime and Specialized cover packages.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
It is a huge benifit to have two physical playmakers in Dez/ Miles on the outside to baptize Mo during camp and an even bigger luxary to have two battle tested corners in Jenkins/Scandrick to easy Clairborne into his role as a rookie.

Everyone has very high expectations on the player he should turn into but don't be surprised of Scandrick and Jenkins start the season as the #2/3 combo, while Claiborne works his way in on Dime and Specialized cover packages.
Don't count on Jenkins yet. Nobody knows when he'll even be ready.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Jones truly is upset with Dez or if he's just saying that they'll move on if he slips up just to scare him.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Actually we should be surprised if that happens because there is almost 0% chance that happens. Jenkins can't even throw a football right now, and Claiborned is all but locked in as a starter regardless of how anything else shapes out.

Claiborned and Carr are the starters, Scandrick mans the slot per usual, and Jenkins when healthy is the dime CB. Claiborne is going to take his lumps, but he's fully expected to be out there and rightfully so. Guys drafted where he was are supposed to be ready. Gilmore is the starter in Buffalo already and has looked good too FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Pads come on and Oline gets whipped...Same ol story!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Actually we should be surprised if that happens because there is almost 0% chance that happens. Jenkins can't even throw a football right now, and Claiborned is all but locked in as a starter regardless of how anything else shapes out.

Claiborned and Carr are the starters, Scandrick mans the slot per usual, and Jenkins when healthy is the dime CB. Claiborne is going to take his lumps, but he's fully expected to be out there and rightfully so. Guys drafted where he was are supposed to be ready. Gilmore is the starter in Buffalo already and has looked good too FWIW.
i think jenkins will be ready for the season and if so he is instantly ahead scandrick as long as he had enough time to get into decent football shape

u forget he played last year with one shoulder and he doesn't need full range to play his position effectively especially if he's only playing in the nickel and dime packages, from what i've read this is something that he's going to have to work through as the season goes along, regardless of where he did his rehab. plus mike jenkins needs to get on the field, this is his payday opportunity
Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think jenkins will be ready for the season and if so he is instantly ahead scandrick as long as he had enough time to get into decent football shape

u forget he played last year with one shoulder and he doesn't need full range to play his position effectively especially if he's only playing in the nickel and dime packages, from what i've read this is something that he's going to have to work through as the season goes along, regardless of where he did his rehab. plus mike jenkins needs to get on the field, this is his payday opportunity

Quote:
Cowboys agreed to terms with No. 6 overall pick CB Morris Claiborne on a four-year contract.Claiborne's signing leaves just seven first-round picks unsigned. The deal includes $16.26 million guaranteed, and contains no offset language. Claiborne missed the Cowboys' entire offseason program as he recovered from wrist surgery, but is expected to be full-go for training camp. Ticketed as a Day 1 starter, Claiborne is also expected to contribute in the return game. He's in position to make a huge impact as a rookie. Jul 23 - 3:35 PMSource: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Quote:
No. 6 overall CB Morris Claiborne told the Shreveport Times earlier this week that he will not hold out of training camp.Offset language continues to hold up several rookie contracts, but Claiborne has decided to report to camp regardless of whether or not he has a signed deal. The rookie is expected to start opposite Brandon Carr and will also help out in the return game. Jul 15 - 11:11 AMSource: ESPN Dallas

Quote:
Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne (wrist surgery) will not participate in June workouts.
A previous report suggested he might return for Dallas' June 12 minicamp, but that's not happening. The Cowboys' target date to get Claiborne on the practice field is training camp. Regardless, he projects as a Week 1 starter. Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Quote:
Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins will report to training camp on Wednesday.
Jenkins, unhappy with his contract, skipped voluntary workouts. He was placed on the trade block during the draft, but the Cowboys found no takers. Meanwhile, Jenkins hasn't been medically cleared for contact following shoulder surgery and will start camp on the active/PUP list. Brandon Carr and rookie Morris Claiborne form Dallas' new starting corner tandem. Source: ESPN Dallas

Again, I'd be shocked if Claiborned isn't a starter, as he's all but locked into that position with Carr. Jenkins is a possible PUP candidate to miss the first 6 games of the regular season, he's in no shape to take contact right now and far away from starter duties. As far as him and Scandrick, Scandrick has been our slot CB since day one and always has been, if memory serves me correct Jenkins has primarily never played there on a consistent basis.

His payday next year isn't going to do us any good as it'll likely be for another team. I really don't see how you feel he is "instantly" ahead of Scandrick at this point. Scandrick got his huge payday and is apart of our future, Jenkins is the guy who is counting the days left as a Cowboy, he's not going to pass Scandrick on the depth chart at all unless at some point during the year he gets 100% healthy and an injury happens to somebody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Again, I'd be shocked if Claiborned isn't a starter, as he's all but locked into that position with Carr. Jenkins is a possible PUP candidate to miss the first 6 games of the regular season, he's in no shape to take contact right now and far away from starter duties. As far as him and Scandrick, Scandrick has been our slot CB since day one and always has been, if memory serves me correct Jenkins has primarily never played there on a consistent basis.

His payday next year isn't going to do us any good as it'll likely be for another team. I really don't see how you feel he is "instantly" ahead of Scandrick at this point. Scandrick got his huge payday and is apart of our future, Jenkins is the guy who is counting the days left as a Cowboy, he's not going to pass Scandrick on the depth chart at all unless at some point during the year he gets 100% healthy and an injury happens to somebody else.
really he's not ready
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...d-to-play.html

jenkins will be in training camp at some point, as for scandrick being the designted slot guy, that thinking is the old regime where guys had seniority at their positions. garrett has preached competition from day 1 and plain in simple jenkins is a better corner the scandrick, scandrick plays the slot not b/c he's so great in the slot but b/c he can't play outside. he matches up well with small quick guys, but when matched big, better wr's in the slot he struggles. the only advantages scandrick has are he is healthier and he's played the slot before other than that jenkins is just a better player. up until last year jenkins never played on the left side either, it didnt stop rob ryan from having jenkins shadow larry fitzgerald all over the field right and left

yes he is looking for a payday, so his play this year set him up for a payday next year an as unrestricted free agent, so it should help for at least this year

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I'm pulling for Barry Church to be our starter this year. He's been working hard and has a great chance now with getting all the 1st team reps.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From ALL reports Church is much improved from last year. He's confident and playing instinctively. Ryan even said he feels Church is one of the more talented players on the defense but has to become proficient in the deep half. Thus far reviews are saying just that.

That being said we haven't seen Johnson, Pool, or Sensabaugh at the position yet so it's really early in that race.

My favorite stories coming out so far involve our defensive front 7. Hamilton has been one of the better pass rushers; Wilber has been nicknamed "Wilberforce" on BtB and has been wreaking havoc. On the defensive line Hatcher has been tallying up pressures and "would be" sacks and the rest of the young'ns have firmly pushed Marcus Spears onto the 2nd team Def, and if it continues through the rest of camp, most likely the team.

Mega negative though with our offensive line. Aside from Smith which I'll just drop this quote...

Quote:
Smith turned the tables on Ware during the first full-pads pass-rush drill of camp. The 21-year-old, who hasn’t played left tackle since high school, stopped Ware in his tracks on an attempted speed rush and rode him to the other side of the line when Ware tried a crossover move on the next rep.

“I’m really seeing maturity from Tyron Smith,” Ware said. “He’s a guy that can learn that position really fast. The strength that he brings from the right side is really unbelievable. And he’s got great feet, too. He’s really a natural.”
Back to the interior line though. In our first practice with pads we marched out Leary (UDFA) - Costa (*puke*) - Arkin. If we ever have to send that trio out in the regular season I hope we swap Orton for Romo just so that our franchise signal caller doesn't get killed. Injuries have decimated the worst unit on our team and we have already resorted to making calls to Dockery, Loper, and Lumpy... yes Montrae Holland.

For a silver lining with that interior line news: Arkin has reportedly MUCH better anchor in practice and on the injury front Livings should be back by the end of the week and Big Mac reportedly will be back soon. We also have been giving center snaps to pretty much anyone capable (see: Arkin and Gunn) which hopefully will unveil an additional option at center.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Montrae Holland back. He was our best Guard last year.

Until we fix our OL with adequate talent, this team scares me. Livings and Bernadeau are no where near what I was hoping for as far as upgrades to our OL. I feel like we're asking for trouble. The pass rush in the NFC East is monsterous.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Orlando Scandrick has been getting beat like he stole something. Not just by Dez and Austin either, EVERYBODY is smoking him. Oh and BTW our Oline STILL sucks!! Im seeing 9-7 at best if we dont get this fixed.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I want Montrae Holland back. He was our best Guard last year.
be careful what u wish for, holland has been unreliable in terms of staying healthy or staying in a good enough shape to be effective, he was supposed to start last year but he came in out of shape got hurt and ended getting cut

holland is the 10th ugliest girl, she's prettier than 1-9 but she's still ugly. Compared to Nagy and Kosier he was the best guard last year but i cant see livings or bernardeu as downgrades in talent and ability. Holland was the diamond everybody else was the ruff.

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-04-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Orlando Scandrick has been getting beat like he stole something. Not just by Dez and Austin either, EVERYBODY is smoking him. Oh and BTW our Oline STILL sucks!! Im seeing 9-7 at best if we dont get this fixed.
Relax about Scandrick, reports before today were that he was playing very well. Scandrick's problem isn't talent, it's confidence/over thinking. He's too smart for his own good, and because of that he doesn't play fast. Go watch one of his interviews, he really has one of the best vocabularies for a professional athlete that i've ever heard. He could probably be a doctor if he wanted to. Not that it has anything to do with football, just making a point. My hope is that Jerome Henderson can coach that over thinking out of him and he can become the player his talent suggests he should be. He has the quickness, length, and "pitbull-style" nastiness to be one of the best slot CBs in the game, he just needs to let it loose instead of playing cautious. Let this season play out before we start to write off Scandrick. Guys with his attitude are not guys I tend to doubt. If he underachieves again then i'll start to lose hope, but lets see this season first.

As for camp, Claiborne is getting an MRI on his knee, although they think it's nothing serious, and Crawford pulled his calf again. Hopefully Claiborne misses no more than a week.

To be honest, I really start to question these "injuries" a little bit. Having played sports before like i'm sure most of us have in high school, etc., when you do something like pulling a calf you wrap it up and keep playing, or you just play without even wrapping it up. A pulled calf...? Come on man. THe calf is the least important leg muscle for athletes anyway. If he's out 4-6 again just like OTA's, that's a real shame. Like.... dude you're a 3rd round rookie and you already missed OTA's.... man up and practice. Those things really bother me.

Glad we didn't trade Mike Jenkins for some garbage middle round pick, that's for sure.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
Relax about Scandrick, reports before today were that he was playing very well. Scandrick's problem isn't talent, it's confidence/over thinking. He's too smart for his own good, and because of that he doesn't play fast. Go watch one of his interviews, he really has one of the best vocabularies for a professional athlete that i've ever heard. He could probably be a doctor if he wanted to. Not that it has anything to do with football, just making a point. My hope is that Jerome Henderson can coach that over thinking out of him and he can become the player his talent suggests he should be. He has the quickness, length, and "pitbull-style" nastiness to be one of the best slot CBs in the game, he just needs to let it loose instead of playing cautious. Let this season play out before we start to write off Scandrick. Guys with his attitude are not guys I tend to doubt. If he underachieves again then i'll start to lose hope, but lets see this season first.

As for camp, Claiborne is getting an MRI on his knee, although they think it's nothing serious, and Crawford pulled his calf again. Hopefully Claiborne misses no more than a week.

To be honest, I really start to question these "injuries" a little bit. Having played sports before like i'm sure most of us have in high school, etc., when you do something like pulling a calf you wrap it up and keep playing, or you just play without even wrapping it up. A pulled calf...? Come on man. THe calf is the least important leg muscle for athletes anyway. If he's out 4-6 again just like OTA's, that's a real shame. Like.... dude you're a 3rd round rookie and you already missed OTA's.... man up and practice. Those things really bother me.

Glad we didn't trade Mike Jenkins for some garbage middle round pick, that's for sure.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant is a freak. Just made a sick leaping 1-hand catch over Orlando Scandrick.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant deep against Orlando Scandrick ... Toast

Todd Archer@toddarcher Subtle double move by Dez Bryant gives him edge on Orlando Scandrick for deep ball from Romo

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Rough practice for Scandrick continues. Ogeltree, operating out of the slot, beats him up the seam.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Add Donovan Kemp to the list of receivers to beat Orlando Scandrick today.

Calvin Watkins@calvinwatkins Orlando Scandrick has struggled this entire camp.

I could go on...Please dont make me pull out his stats from last year, they arent pretty

Last edited by pocketaces : 08-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.