Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You do realize who we took instead of Watt right? I love me some JJ Watt, but I'd take Tyron Smith over him 100 times out of 100. He's 21 and one of the best young Tackles in the game, his feet and athleticism are scary good. We had to protect Romo, and considering we have to play you guys, Watt would have done us no good for making sure our QB was in 1 piece.
Yeah I know. At the time of the draft, I was not a Smith fan, and thought he'd be a bust, so at the time I was happy that you passed on Watt for him. Now I'm pretty much indifferent to it because you guys wound up with a great player regardless, and he's a great player at a key position. You're gonna need Smith to go against JPP for the next 10 years. That should be a hell of a battle for years to come. It's gonna be awesome to watch as fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's probably a lot of both though. Quinn & Long will be 1 of the best bookend DE's in the league this year, I think Quinn is ready to bust out with how he finished the season. Also sucks that STL keeps trying to find Tackles and failing miserably everytime.
It is a combination of both. I'm not ready to say they'll be the best DE tandem in the league, but they could be top 5. I loved Quinn coming out. I actually liked him more than Aldon Smith. Looking back at it, I was wrong, Smith is better than Quinn, but at the time I loved Quinn a bunch.

I'm glad Long is living up to his draft status too. I loved Long. I was pretty disappointed at him initialy.

I never liked Jason Smith all that much, but I'd be lying to everyone if I told you I knew he'd suck this bad. That sucks for STL that they have that much cash tied to him.