Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll

1 LSU (18) 0-0 1403
2 Alabama (20) 0-0 1399
3 USC (19) 0-0 1388
4 Oklahoma 0-0 1276
5 Oregon 0-0 1258
6 Georgia 0-0 1061
7 Florida State 0-0 1055
8 Michigan 0-0 1023
9 South Carolina 0-0 981
10 Arkansas 0-0 948
11 West Virginia 0-0 833
12 Wisconsin 0-0 743
13 Michigan State 0-0 717
14 Clemson 0-0 598
15 Texas 0-0 549
16 Nebraska 0-0 501
17 TCU 0-0 499
18 Stanford 0-0 497
19 Oklahoma State 0-0 476
20 Virginia Tech 0-0 461
21 Kansas State 0-0 398
22 Boise State 0-0 271
23 Florida 0-0 250
24 Notre Dame 0-0 166
25 Auburn 0-0 66

Others receiving votes: Washington 64, Louisville 46, Georgia Tech 35, Cincinnati 32, Texas A&M 28, Baylor 23, Utah 22, Mississippi State 21, USF 12, NC State 11, Louisiana Tech 10, Brigham Young 10, Virginia 9, Houston 7, Southern Miss 6, Rutgers 5, UCF 5, Tennessee 3, Missouri 3, Fla Intl 3, Northern Illinois 2, Texas Tech 1

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 08-02-2012 at 11:57 AM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ no mention of Ohio state. They are for sure going to be a top 30 team.

I'm going to be a big USC fan this year.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State didn't get ANY votes and a team like UCF got five? I'm a UCF fan but I can admit that the Buckeyes are a better team and will win when they play each other in a few weeks.

If I was voting I think I would put USC at one and Georgia at two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

Me too.

I hope they can get to the national championship game so I can watch Bama put an epic beatdown on 'em.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Me too.

I hope they can get to the national championship game so I can watch Bama put an epic beatdown on 'em.
With all the losses on defense, losing Trent Richardson, and playing Michigan, Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU on the road, I can't see them getting back to the National Championship game.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
With all the losses on defense, losing Trent Richardson, and playing Michigan, Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU on the road, I can't see them getting back to the National Championship game.

Alabama will steamroll Michigan, Arkansas, and Tennessee. I'd be surprised if any of the three aren't double digit victories.

It's the matchup in Baton Rouge against LSU where it gets a little hairy. Although a USC butt whoopin' at the hands of LSU would suffice.

Only problem is I don't have confidence in USC to get there.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers behind USF and Cincy is a joke. I hate that these polls come out before the season begins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I hate that these polls come out before the season begins.
Probably my biggest pet peeve about the BCS - preseason rankings having affecting where teams get ranked during the season.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Ohio State didn't get ANY votes and a team like UCF got five? I'm a UCF fan but I can admit that the Buckeyes are a better team and will win when they play each other in a few weeks.

If I was voting I think I would put USC at one and Georgia at two.

AFCA policy bars schools under major NCAA or conference sanctions from receiving votes. Schools affected this season are North Carolina, Ohio State and Penn State.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too.

Sigh they won't get past LSU

Bama is replacing their entire defense and LSU is replacing their worst player with a major upgrade.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Sigh they won't get past LSU

Bama is replacing their entire defense and LSU is replacing their worst player with a major upgrade.

LSU is replacing their worst player with a question mark. Rest assured, Bama's defense will baptize his ass. A lot of the players coming back on defense received plenty of quality experience and playing time in the SEC... and they were all playmakers last year, not just bodies.

Besides, judging from last year Bama can afford to lose a few players to the NFL and still beat LSU. Saban and Kirby Smart are still here.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LSU is replacing their worst player with a question mark. Rest assured, Bama's defense will baptize his ass. A lot of the players coming back on defense received plenty of quality experience and playing time in the SEC... and they were all playmakers last year, not just bodies.

Besides, judging from last year Bama can afford to lose a few players to the NFL and still beat LSU. Saban and Kirby Smart are still here.
A question mark is better than an abortion and that is what Jordan Jefferson was.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
A question mark is better than an abortion and that is what Jordan Jefferson was.

No doubt about that, but lets cease this talk of LSU just replaced Jordan Jefferson with Peyton Manning. Mettenberger hasn't done a damn thing, and Bama's defense has a track record of getting the best of the most proven QB's college football has to offer... again and again.

Bama could easily lose this game. LSU is a great football team.

However, Mettenberger will have to live up to the hype for LSU to win. They will not run the football on Alabama's defense. It. Wont. Happen.

Bama will run the football on LSU if they choose to.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No doubt about that, but lets cease this talk of LSU just replaced Jordan Jefferson with Peyton Manning. Mettenberger hasn't done a damn thing, and Bama's defense has a track record of getting the best of the most proven QB's college football has to offer... again and again.
Like who? lol. The SEC is a power conference but they havent been popping out QB's recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was just about to ask if OSU wasnt allowed to get votes or something but I didn't think that was true. Not getting even a vote is ridiculous, but it's not the preseason ranking that matters. Well in this case the post season ranking doesn't matter either haha.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Like who? lol. The SEC is a power conference but they havent been popping out QB's recently.
I think he means since like 2008. Bama's defense has handled Tyrod, Stafford, Tebow, McCoy, Mallett, Cousins & Wilson. He didn't say the SEC was producing stud after stud. This year is probably the first season there have been so many quality starters across the conference though.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 08-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

See JRT's post right above this.... throw in Cam Newton for at least a half anyway until Mark Barron left the game with a torn pec, forcing a walk-on by the name of Will Lowery to come in and take his place.

The depth is better now than it was then. Saban won't have to worry about a walk-on having to come in now if one of the starting safeties goes out with an injury... there's two 5-star recruits back there waiting to jump in now.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm really surprised no one else pointed this out, yet.

The list is a top 25, not top 30.

Besides, who cares about teams that have no hope of playing in even a pity bowl game.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Ohio State even eligible for this poll? I didn't think UCF was either, but I am really sure tOSU wasn't, like USC last year.

6 of 8 Florida schools received votes, who EVER would have guessed Miami would have been 1 of the 2 who didn't?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not eligible for the BCS poll, I thought they were still in the coaches and AP polls though. Not sure at all

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC wasnt in the coaches poll. The only poll USC was in was the AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Is Ohio State even eligible for this poll? I didn't think UCF was either, but I am really sure tOSU wasn't, like USC last year.

6 of 8 Florida schools received votes, who EVER would have guessed Miami would have been 1 of the 2 who didn't?
These votes were probably taken before UCF got put on sanctions. It only happened a few days ago. Sucks too since I thought they had a very good chance at winning the conference with their new QB.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

I'm really surprised no one else pointed this out, yet.

The list is a top 25, not top 30.

Besides, who cares about teams that have no hope of playing in even a pity bowl game.
You obviously didn't get the "other's receiving votes" part. There were way more than five, but I wasn't counting. OSU would have easily been in there if they were considered a top 30 team. I think everyone else got that, hence no mention of it

You fail at trolling.

JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See JRT's post right above this.... throw in Cam Newton for at least a half anyway until Mark Barron left the game with a torn pec, forcing a walk-on by the name of Will Lowery to come in and take his place.

The depth is better now than it was then. Saban won't have to worry about a walk-on having to come in now if one of the starting safeties goes out with an injury... there's two 5-star recruits back there waiting to jump in now.
You're so right. That Brian Johnson is just lighting it up in the NFL right now.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:

Like I said, Alabama steamrolled Michigan and Arkansas, and they'll steamroll Tennessee in Knoxville. It's the matchup against LSU in Baton Rouge that's going to decide it. These are the two best teams in the country just like they were last year.

Secondly, as I said, I was hoping USC would make it to the title game so Bama could put an epic beatdown on 'em... except I didn't have any confidence in 'em to get there.

Roll Tide...