Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My games are always random.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Actually, Gonzo and I jerk each other off and reveal our roles to each other. Often times this is done via Skype with the Aussies while they do the same.
classic evil vidae
Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, Gonzo and I jerk each other off and reveal our roles to each other. Often times this is done via Skype with the Aussies while they do the same.
**** man don't tell them about our role revealing skype orgies with Snicho and Caddy. That **** is private.

On that not, care to join us next time Grizz and lady Grizz?
Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried. I'm still too awake :-(

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can I get down on this Skype? I won't role reveal. I just want to watch.

In my OC game I randomized all roles except snicho. He ended up a townie but I made him one of the core four because he is also a big O.C. fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I tried. I'm still too awake :-(
It's all the adrenaline you got from being a ******* **** ass prick.
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
**** man don't tell them about our role revealing skype orgies with Snicho and Caddy. That **** is private.

On that not, care to join us next time Grizz and lady Grizz?
I am so mad at Bulldogs right now.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, for all we know BB really did use random this game, I haven't asked him TBH. If she keeps playing and gaining more experience, I'm sure mods in the future will feel less inclined to put us together if we're both playing. I would like the opportunity to kill her sometime (although placing the hammer vote really pissed her off despite the circumstances)
If randomization actually led to the alignment, that's fine. If not, then it isn't IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
The roles not being randomized explains why I always get ****** roles.
And why guys like Shane always get power roles. Which makes the whole 'Kill Shane' strategy make a lot more sense.

I can say, even though you were just a townie, you were randomly a townie in my game(I think SP and Snicho being mafia, IBC and Shane being townies may provide some proof of this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
If the roles aren't being randomised, that is ******** and unfair to some people. I really don't care to play in games that aren't random and now that I know they aren't random, I'm a lot less likely to play.
I guess I understand the reasoning for non-random, wanting to script the game to play out nicely, but then like you have said, anyone who doesn't fit into the particular mod's plans can get ****** for no fair reason. Scripting a game may make it play nice on occasion, but ultimately it isn't fair, and ultimately the game should be allowed to play out fairly and naturally. The mod should supervise, not direct.

For what its worth, my game was legitimately randomized and I believe SP said his was as well, which I would believe. Not really sure after that, however.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Can I get down on this Skype? I won't role reveal. I just want to watch.

In my OC game I randomized all roles except snicho. He ended up a townie but I made him one of the core four because he is also a big O.C. fan.
I was so happy I ended up with my boy Seth. I then had the whole ******* town not believe me! Dicks.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's all the adrenaline you got from being a ******* **** ass prick.
I love you too buddy :-)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was so happy I ended up with my boy Seth. I then had the whole ******* town not believe me! Dicks.
I was so happy too. I knew you would play that role in a very entertaining manner and I couldn't believe it when it turned out you got it.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I was so happy too. I knew you would play that role in a very entertaining manner and I couldn't believe it when it turned out you got it.
I thought me getting Jack The Ripper this time was also very fitting since I enjoy preying on women
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Well, I'd like to apologize to the other mods for opening up pandora's box here with the not truly random thing. I've even mentioned it in the past but I guess people didn't take notice. FWIW, I plan on truly randomizing my games from here on out because I have come to learn what most of you are saying. I am still learning a lot about mafia given that HP was my first game and the more I learn, the more I respect certain aspects. I also warn you that there likely won't be 24-hour caps on my days in future games either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I'd like to apologize to the other mods for opening up pandora's box here with the not truly random thing. I've even mentioned it in the past but I guess people didn't take notice. FWIW, I plan on truly randomizing my games from here on out because I have come to learn what most of you are saying. I am still learning a lot about mafia given that HP was my first game and the more I learn, the more I respect certain aspects. I also warn you that there likely won't be 24-hour caps on my days in future games either.
O RLY??????

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I remember you said in the King game (which I didn't even play in) you pretty much handpick the roles. But what do you mean about the 24-hour caps? Will it be shorter or just no caps at all because that could lead to some terribly long Day Ones.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

SK is the ******* best role I have played btw. I don't have to give a **** about the town and the sheeple ******* tards in it and I don't have to hear the mafia ***** and moan about things. I just did my own ****, got to kill *************, and generally just got to be a badass. I look forward to the next time I am SK.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what is going on. But non-randomization is pretty obvious in certain cases.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
SK is the ******* best role I have played btw. I don't have to give a **** about the town and the sheeple ******* tards in it and I don't have to hear the mafia ***** and moan about things. I just did my own ****, got to kill *************, and generally just got to be a badass. I look forward to the next time I am SK.
Perhaps you should be the one person who won't be randomized, forever disbarred from being a SK.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've never been the SK :(
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I swear I get suspected of being the SK in most games. It's never going to actually happen.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
O RLY??????
Ya rly. It really shouldn't be the mods job to step in and make a decision for the town. That, and people need to learn to stop relying so hard on information and follow their gut more and learn how to sell their argument to other people. If the games keep getting flooded with roles and people rely on information, people will never learn how to truly scum hunt and therefore people will never get any better. Maybe its corny but I want people to start having to make decisions, even when there is no information, and learn how to brush it off when they make a mistake.

I know everyone likes to make fun of how Gonzo plays but he has a short memory and he typically is a good scum hunter when he is town. I'm not saying people need to go full Gonzo but there are aspects to his game that people could learn from. Less investigative roles and less mod intervention will help with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Perhaps you should be the one person who won't be randomized, forever disbarred from being a SK.
Damn you Cigaro. Don't do me dirty like that! I really do enjoy not having to play on the same side as any of you assholes. Lone wolf bitches!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I swear I get suspected of being the SK in most games. It's never going to actually happen.
Being the sole person trying to destroy my Mouzone reign is enough.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I don't know what is going on. But non-randomization is pretty obvious in certain cases.
I always assumed for the most part it was random. I can't really accept any rationale for it not being random. If you are modding and are upset a particularly player gets a particularly role, either deal with it or boot them from the game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo just popped a never ending erection after reading Grizz's comments.