Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Ya rly. It really shouldn't be the mods job to step in and make a decision for the town. That, and people need to learn to stop relying so hard on information and follow their gut more and learn how to sell their argument to other people. If the games keep getting flooded with roles and people rely on information, people will never learn how to truly scum hunt and therefore people will never get any better. Maybe its corny but I want people to start having to make decisions, even when there is no information, and learn how to brush it off when they make a mistake.

I know everyone likes to make fun of how Gonzo plays but he has a short memory and he typically is a good scum hunter when he is town. I'm not saying people need to go full Gonzo but there are aspects to his game that people could learn from. Less investigative roles and less mod intervention will help with that.
Agreed on all of it. I keep saying it but of course it is me saying it so I am just being an arrogant asshole. Having a short memory is key. Also not caring when people call me an idiot and say I played a **** game. Just playing balls to the wall, playing for entertainment vale, and just having a good time. I don't give a **** what people say about me so I just do whatever I please in these games.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
SK is the ******* best role I have played btw. I don't have to give a **** about the town and the sheeple ******* tards in it and I don't have to hear the mafia ***** and moan about things. I just did my own ****, got to kill *************, and generally just got to be a badass. I look forward to the next time I am SK.
I second this x1000000000000000. I loved being the SK and games haven't been the same ever since. I don't think any role will ever live up to SK for me, haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's simple as far as I'm concerned. Reduce the number of power roles, increase the number of townies, force people to use their intuition and reasoning skills. Done.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya rly. It really shouldn't be the mods job to step in and make a decision for the town. That, and people need to learn to stop relying so hard on information and follow their gut more and learn how to sell their argument to other people. If the games keep getting flooded with roles and people rely on information, people will never learn how to truly scum hunt and therefore people will never get any better. Maybe its corny but I want people to start having to make decisions, even when there is no information, and learn how to brush it off when they make a mistake.

I know everyone likes to make fun of how Gonzo plays but he has a short memory and he typically is a good scum hunter when he is town. I'm not saying people need to go full Gonzo but there are aspects to his game that people could learn from. Less investigative roles and less mod intervention will help with that.
That's why I have a 24 hour hard cap with everyone eligible for RR afterwards. People should be able to come to a decision within 24 hours, there really is no excuse. But like you said, I don't think people should be able to use RR as a tool for something, like keeping it contained to those with votes. So I just have everyone eligible. Its a pretty effective way to accomplish that goal, IMO.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I second this x1000000000000000. I loved being the SK and games haven't been the same ever since. I don't think any role will ever live up to SK for me, haha.
I won as SK, I am satisfied with the role for eternity.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good thing you're the SK every other game, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's simple as far as I'm concerned. Reduce the number of power roles, increase the number of townies, force people to use their intuition and reasoning skills. Done.
Easy peazy. If you don't like being a townie, **** you.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna be SK :(

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's the plan

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grizz I agree that people not wanting to make a mistake is a huge factor. A lot of people do not want to be seen as dumb in the game so they kind of sit back and let others take the lead and sometimes the fall. A healthy dose of not giving a **** must be had by all. Who the **** cares is some asshole is going to ***** about how you played a bad game? Just have fun.
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Being the sole person trying to destroy my Mouzone reign is enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I won as SK, I am satisfied with the role for eternity.
Stop taunting me.
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

Easy peazy. If you don't like being a townie, **** you.
Exactly! Being a townie is fun.

Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a townie is fun cuz I personally dgaf and just play free haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I wanna be SK :(
Sorry, there's only one SuperKevin.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SK is my dream role, mostly for the same reason. To be able to play entirely for myself would be awesome. But for some reason, I am never evil of any sort(the Wire game is the only one so far).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Townie is a baller role and honestly miller sucks but it is pretty ******* fun as well. I don't need to worry about being killed at night so I just **** all over everybody and see what sticks.
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Grizz I agree that people not wanting to make a mistake is a huge factor. A lot of people do not want to be seen as dumb in the game so they kind of sit back and let others take the lead and sometimes the fall. A healthy dose of not giving a **** must be had by all. Who the **** cares is some asshole is going to ***** about how you played a bad game? Just have fun.
Actually agreeing with you lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
SK is my dream role, mostly for the same reason. To be able to play entirely for myself would be awesome. But for some reason, I am never evil of any sort(the Wire game is the only one so far).
I played in every single game just to make the odds that I would be one sooner or later better. It was worth it. I ******* hate having to deal with people and justify ****. It is a very freeing role. I was calm, cool, and collected and just did my thing.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
That's the plan
I've been preaching this since the beginning of mafia games, everyone knows that. Honestly, in my opinion, the more elaborate and weird power roles that are introduced, the less skill is involved and the less fun games are for me. I like keeping it simple. But people get on the rags when they get townie, so you're going to piss a lot of people off when there is 10 people who have no night action.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Actually agreeing with you lol
See we aren't so different buddy. I know I like to be combative and be an asshole but I really don't give a **** what people think so I just speak my mind. **** it.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I've been preaching this since the beginning of mafia games, everyone knows that. Honestly, in my opinion, the more elaborate and weird power roles that are introduced, the less skill is involved and the less fun games are for me. I like keeping it simple. But people get on the rags when they get townie, so you're going to piss a lot of people off when there is 10 people who have no night action.
I am with you. I keep trying to get people to trust their gut, deduce, and just make decisions without solely relying on night actions. I have been failing up until now but maybe finally the tides have turned!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I am with you. I keep trying to get people to trust their gut, deduce, and just make decisions without solely relying on night actions. I have been failing up until now but maybe finally the tides have turned!
If things really do come full circle I'll be surprised. Everyone was clamoring for MOAR POWER ROLES and to see that change would be very exciting. Also probably means mafia wins if there is one good player in it, because they'll probably exploit the sheep.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to be a serial killer one time. I actually enjoy being a townie, which is good because that is what I am almost every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I was a Vigilante once...died before I could even put the role to use...sucked ass haha

I think Vigilante is a...ehhh role...cuz if you **** up, well...you ****** up

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 08-03-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Townie is a baller role and honestly miller sucks but it is pretty ******* fun as well. I don't need to worry about being killed at night so I just **** all over everybody and see what sticks.
I actually wanted to see how far I could go as a miller in the friends game. I like to think people can tell if you are acting for the town. I think it's how I lasted to the very end in The Wire game despite being the only person without any info on them.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 08-03-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You say I try and take credit for everything haha.
Oh come on man, I don't get credit for sniffing that out?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote