Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously I knew Gonzo was the SK the whole time.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I was a Vigilante once...died before I could even put the role to use...sucked ass haha

I think Vigilante is a...ehhh role...cuz if you **** up, well...you ****** up
Just don't give a **** and kill on night 1.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You said 5 women, you said 5 kills.. and I sniffed that out. I don't get credit for that? Come on Gonzo! TALK TO ME HERE BUDDY.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Obviously I knew Gonzo was the SK the whole time.
Shut up Broth, go try and discover more pointless facts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never saw a gifter use a gift to kill someone before. :P
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after I basically committed suicide I think that's my last game for a while unless something takes my fancy such as another HP game or game of thrones game. Need to start focusing on getting my league of legends level up : D

Also I don't understand why people wouldn't randomise games, except for me in the oc game, thanks jr. Otherwise it's just completely unfair.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicho View Post
So after I basically committed suicide I think that's my last game for a while unless something takes my fancy such as another HP game or game of thrones game. Need to start focusing on getting my league of legends level up : D

Also I don't understand why people wouldn't randomise games, except for me in the oc game, thanks jr. Otherwise it's just completely unfair.
Yeah. People shouldn't randomize the game unless it benefits me!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Yeah. People shouldn't randomize the game unless it benefits me!
Shut up Caddy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-03-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Shut up Caddy.
Like you could make me.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Like you could make me.
You have no idea what I'm capable of, Aussie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You have no idea what I'm capable of, Aussie.
Which one is you?

Old 08-03-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Which one is you?

Me:

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're both weak *****.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You're both weak *****.
I'd beat you down right now if I knew it wouldn't be perceived as a hate crime.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'd beat you down right now if I knew it wouldn't be perceived as a hate crime.
You wouldn't get past me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-03-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
You wouldn't get past me.
The day you are anyones bodyguard, is a sad sad day.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 AM    (permalink
Snicho
Veteran

Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Snicho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fight fight fight!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't mind games being non-random to a degree. I don't think every role should be picked out, but I can understand wanted to do a hand picked mafia team or something like that.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I actually don't mind games being non-random to a degree. I don't think every role should be picked out, but I can understand wanted to do a hand picked mafia team or something like that.
nods

Anyway, I was planning on being done with all things mafia after this game until next offseason, but you fools have gone and given me an idea.

Give me a slot in one of these upcoming weeks and I'll give you want you want: A guaranteed random game with extremely limited town power roles.

Looking at you guys Caddy, Gonzo...put up or shut up with those deductive skills you've been itching to show off.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well BB, it was obvious you picked my role this game because I'm obviously the sexiest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright... since Grizz didn't explain it all that well. Anyone who thinks its unfair that we occasionally tweak some of the roles has benefited from it one way or another. Not to mention we do it because of you guys.

We build these games to be fun and balanced but if the Town is all "elite" players and the Mafia are new guys or inactives the game is not going to function.

In my games I always randomize first. Depending on the layout at that point I tweak. People in the last couple games that have been constant inactives or always late on getting their action in might get swapped out of a power role. I might then slot in an ATL or a Bulldogs who doesn't play when they are a townie.

Other times there might be a situation where JBond comes up mafia... but since JBond is the early game nightly local hangout EVERY SINGLE GAME I might make him the Godfather. (Which is exactly what happened in DDN)

There are other times where I have delayed opening games so that maybe one of the Europeans or the Aussies don't instantly get outed as having a power role.

The fact is again we do this because of you guys for you guys. I could give two ***** if Shane, Gonzo, Caddy, Bulldogs, Vidae or anyone else is a power role but don't ***** when you constantly are one of the ones messing up the balance and then you don't see a power role until you show that you are actually going to play.

We do what we do to keep the game balanced and because some of you are divas or hold grudges we have to do what we can to balance that.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just goes to show:

Kill Jbond everytime cause he is prolly the godfather

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
just goes to show:

Kill Jbond everytime cause he is prolly the godfather
Well typically 5 of the 8 actions target him night one.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Within the first two nights anyway. I've noticed people avoiding him night 1's now since he's likely to get protection or be watched.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Alright... since Grizz didn't explain it all that well. Anyone who thinks its unfair that we occasionally tweak some of the roles has benefited from it one way or another. Not to mention we do it because of you guys.

We build these games to be fun and balanced but if the Town is all "elite" players and the Mafia are new guys or inactives the game is not going to function.

In my games I always randomize first. Depending on the layout at that point I tweak. People in the last couple games that have been constant inactives or always late on getting their action in might get swapped out of a power role. I might then slot in an ATL or a Bulldogs who doesn't play when they are a townie.

Other times there might be a situation where JBond comes up mafia... but since JBond is the early game nightly local hangout EVERY SINGLE GAME I might make him the Godfather. (Which is exactly what happened in DDN)

There are other times where I have delayed opening games so that maybe one of the Europeans or the Aussies don't instantly get outed as having a power role.

The fact is again we do this because of you guys for you guys. I could give two ***** if Shane, Gonzo, Caddy, Bulldogs, Vidae or anyone else is a power role but don't ***** when you constantly are one of the ones messing up the balance and then you don't see a power role until you show that you are actually going to play.

We do what we do to keep the game balanced and because some of you are divas or hold grudges we have to do what we can to balance that.
It doesn't matter how you spin it, randomisation is the only true, fair option. The fact that certain people or groups of people are predisposed to be certain roles/teams just tarnishes the game as far as I am concerned.

If one of the reasons you make an inactive person a townie, because they aren't around a lot, then don't let them play. From now on what is going to happen is the regular contributors are going to be targeted even MORE often than usual because now people will know/think that they're more likely to have a power role, and based on recent history they'd apparently be right.

In future games you have to go random now, because otherwise, players like myself/Gonzo/Jbond/Viddy/Jr/Bulldogs etc will be killed early by the mafia because they'll think it has been rigged a certain way.

You say you have to balance it, but I completely disagree. Random is the best way. It is the only way to completely eliminate any bias in the role giving process.