Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Finally got to play it for a little bit, I spawned near a pier on the coast that had some buildings near it. I went in to search one of the buildings only to have a zombie that I never even saw show up and do some damage to me. I tried to run but ended up bleeding out and dying real quick lol.

Guess I need to get used to playing it a little bit but I should be able to play some tomorrow during the day if anyone would like to join. I got the DayZ Commander or whatever btw.
Haha, it just takes some getting used to. Watch the video Cain posted a few pages back about inventory management. And there is another video out there about how to lose zombies if they're chasing you. Buildings and deep grass/trees make it easy for them to lose sight of you.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Its just a pain when you get more people on.
You missed it last night. Bantx, shiny and I raided Starry Sabor...Found a couple m16a2, AKs skorps with red dot, another gun with an acog, sniper rifle, 2 MP5's one with red dot, and couple glocks and an M9.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
You missed it last night. Bantx, shiny and I raided Starry Sabor...Found a couple m16a2, AKs skorps with red dot, another gun with an acog, sniper rifle, 2 MP5's one with red dot, and couple glocks and an M9.
God damn man! Nice haul!

I am going to be on tonight and I need to get me a better gun. This Lee Enfield also known by its affectionate nickname "The Dinner Bell" is going to get my ass killed. Right now in any city I am a target seeing as I stick out like a sore thumb. I have almost all of the tools. I need a tool box and an entrenching kit.

I have a tent so over the next couple days I plan on getting some razorwire to get that thing protected.

Also I need to get a sniper and put this Ghillie Suit to good use. It would be pretty awesome having me sitting on the hill outside Elektro providing cover as you guys loot the **** out of the city!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finally got to play it for a little bit, I spawned near a pier on the coast that had some buildings near it. I went in to search one of the buildings only to have a zombie that I never even saw show up and do some damage to me. I tried to run but ended up bleeding out and dying real quick lol.

Guess I need to get used to playing it a little bit but I should be able to play some tomorrow during the day if anyone would like to join. I got the DayZ Commander or whatever btw.
This is what Vid was talking about. There are some other good tips here too.

Quote:
My tips. Stay prone(Z) or crouched(X) pretty much at all times. Any where near Zombies you should be prone. If you see another person either get out of sight, kill them or get away from them as they will kill you.

Stay out of towns as much as possible... You obviously have to grab gear to start but try to avoid them. Stick to the woods as often as you can. There are hardly ever Zombies there.NEVER run down the road or train tracks.

If you have a hoard of Zombies chasing you down get completely upright(C) and double tap forward(W) to start sprinting. Find yourself a big hill and start running up it. The Zombies should eventually fall off and you can bandage yourself up and get back to what you were doing.

Lastly and to me probably the most important... The number pad is your best friend at all times. 7,4,1 and 9,6,3 are to look around you and are life savers! The num pad enter is 3rd person view and I use it almost exclusively when running around due to its enhanced field of vision.

Inventory management is crucial and this video should help... I didn't realize how to use the backpack until a few days ago due to how poorly it is implemented.

Here is also a good map to have handy. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Gmap/beta/gmap.html
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be able to catch up to you guys tonight. I don't remember where I am, and I gave away my compass, but I'm northish and I'm out of ammo. I have a ton of food/drink and like 10 bloodbags/medical stuff on me, but I don't know where I am.

I had to get rid of a sniper rifle for a Winchester. I didn't have any CZ550 ammo and it was loud as ****. You could hear it from a mile away. I wanted to get revenge on these little shitbags who killed me and two buddies so I was going to camp outside in the hills of Elektro and snipe the power plant towers, but I didn't have enough ammo to make it worth it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I might be able to catch up to you guys tonight. I don't remember where I am, and I gave away my compass, but I'm northish and I'm out of ammo. I have a ton of food/drink and like 10 bloodbags/medical stuff on me, but I don't know where I am.

I had to get rid of a sniper rifle for a Winchester. I didn't have any CZ550 ammo and it was loud as ****. You could hear it from a mile away. I wanted to get revenge on these little shitbags who killed me and two buddies so I was going to camp outside in the hills of Elektro and snipe the power plant towers, but I didn't have enough ammo to make it worth it.
If you actually play tonight we can try to meet up!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might jump on now for an hour or so...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for all your help guys I can probably get on now for a min but i dont have team speak and I still need to get a headset. My xbox 360 headset didn't work out like I had hoped :(

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

About to get on for a bit... anyone else on?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill be on late tonight. get to where were at cain!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys on yet/still?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I was just about to get off but I need a blood transfusion badly... I have the blood pack just no one to assist.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was just about to get off but I need a blood transfusion badly... I have the blood pack just no one to assist.
Anyone care to help me before I log for the evening?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got on for about 20 minutes tonight...my m16 now has a grenade launcher.

and found a coyote pack
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Isn't the coyote pack the starting pack?

Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

The patrol pack is the starting pack... The coyote pack is the best pack in the game. 24 slots.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
The patrol pack is the starting pack... The coyote pack is the best pack in the game. 24 slots.
Hmmm I do not remember it that way at all. Perhaps they've changed it in the last few months, because I never remember the Coyote pack being the best pack in the game. I remember finding them all the time.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:55 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea i think i started out with a Coyote. Btw, having a broken leg at night is like the worst thing ever lol. I crawled for like 20 mins straight after running from zombies for what seemed like forever. I was just hoping to find one to kill me after I broke me leg. Couldn't see a god damn thing!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea i think i started out with a Coyote. Btw, having a broken leg at night is like the worst thing ever lol. I crawled for like 20 mins straight after running from zombies for what seemed like forever. I was just hoping to find one to kill me after I broke me leg. Couldn't see a god damn thing!
Go 3rd person when running (Enter on the Num pad)
Old 08-03-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Hmmm I do not remember it that way at all. Perhaps they've changed it in the last few months, because I never remember the Coyote pack being the best pack in the game. I remember finding them all the time.
http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Backpack

Coyote Patrol Pack - 8

Coyote Backpack - 24
Old 08-03-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I knew it was something coyote Cain. You get too caught up in the details!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I knew it was something coyote Cain. You get too caught up in the details!
Well I doubt Wally would have gotten excited about finding the starting backpack
Old 08-03-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well I doubt Wally would have gotten excited about finding the starting backpack
That's why I thought it was so weird... Speaking of loot, I'm having rotten luck with it lately. :(

Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's why I thought it was so weird... Speaking of loot, I'm having rotten luck with it lately. :(
Ill be on tonight... and I badly need a transfusion or I am going to lose all my stuff!

Someone help!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ill be on tonight... and I badly need a transfusion or I am going to lose all my stuff!

Someone help!
It's going to cost you a lot of beans.