Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What would you ranther have happen?
Win a Superbowl, but miss the playoffs the following 9 years in a row 77 75.49%
Make the Playoffs 10 years in a row, but not win a Championship in that time. 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superbowl, that's why they play. He never said the team would be completely horrible for the 9 years.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ask tampa bay, they're on there way hahaha.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bucs or eagles ? hmmmm.... eagles !
Old 04-15-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Make the playoffs without a championship, b/c then I wouldn't have to suffer for 9 years.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. I dont think anyone grasps how bad 9 years of futility is. If it was spread out 5 years missing playoffs, 1 super bowl, 4 years missing playoffs, then maybe. But if your team is still reveling in the light of a SB nine years ago and not making the postseason since, you will get hella made fun of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Lions to win one Super Bowl and then I can die in peace.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without making the playoffs for 9 years straight, fan interest would really go down, despite that one super bowl win. I'd rather make the playoffs 10 years straight because it will keep me interested with the team and it's always exciting to watch your team in the playoffs. Hopefully we win the SB in year 11.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Are we supposed to answer this as a fan or player??????????

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To go off of what Chris said, it depends on if I'm a player or owner. If I'm the player than I want that ring. At the end of the 10 years it will come down to 1 Super Bowl ring vs 0 Super Bowl rings. However, if I'm an owner I'd take the 10 years without a Super Bowl win.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I'd rather have the Titans win the Super Bowl and then continue to own the Texans in the regular season despite not making the playoffs.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'd take the playoffs honestly. 10 years ion a row of making the playoffs would be great because once your in the playoffs anything can happen. Plus it's always good to be a more dominant team in your own division.

9 years in a row out of the playoffs would be miserable.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being an eagles fan, I have to say the 1st choice.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Jaguars, you unfortunately have to take the 10 straight playoff appearances.

We need stability and deep playoff runs, not "one shining moment". 9 years of losing seasons, no matter what preceded it, might drive the team out of the city.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is a tougher question than it seems. Sure, 1 superbowl is great, but 9 years of sucking is a long time. The superbowl gets forgotten and you become a laughing stock. 10 years of playoff appearances and superbowl contention gets respect no matter what.

I cant think of a 10 year example but over the last 5 or so years we saw the Bucs win 1 superbowl and then they have missed the playoffs every year since but the Eagles have been a steady contender every year but couldnt get it done? Who would I rather be? That is a tough one. Ill go against the grain and say 10 years of contention
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Definitely winning the super bowl, that is the ultimate.

Ask Donovan McNabb which he would rather do.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 years of playoffs. it is awesome to win a superbowl, but it is a truely crappy feeling having 9 years of constant disappointment.

9 years is just too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

It should be a 5 year time period because making the playoffs 10 straight years without winning the Super Bowl is unrealistic in my opinion, the monkey on the back of that team would have to be enlarged with Star Wars-Quality special effects. If a team makes it 5 years in a row in all likelihood they will get to at least the Super Bowl.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I have been waiting for 24 years for a SB win I will take a SB every day of the week.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
It should be a 5 year time period because making the playoffs 10 straight years without winning the Super Bowl is unrealistic in my opinion, the monkey on the back of that team would have to be enlarged with Star Wars-Quality special effects. If a team makes it 5 years in a row in all likelihood they will get to at least the Super Bowl.
Trying being a Chiefs fan when Marty was the HC.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

tha 1st choice being an eagles fan lol
Old 04-16-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All about the ring baby.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you have to say win a super bowl, because that is your goal.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
reinar
Rookie

reinar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its funny cause with the lions fan base, you would think that winning a SB wasnt a high need, but I agree that being playoff for 10 years straight, would incraease fan base higher than the 1 SB, and of course, then we would win the SB, so we could ahve both