Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Of course we were oversimplifying it, but blitzing him and forcing him to his right is definitely effective.

He can run all day. I rather have Vick run for 150 yards and take punishment all game long than throw for 350 on my defense. You're not gonna win the game if he can't throw.

That's what the Giants did vs Rodgers in the playoffs. They played press man across the board with 2 deep safety, 4 man rush, and basically begged Rodgers to scramble.

And he did. I think he had around 140 rushing yards or something close to that. But guess what? It worked. Bc you rather have him rush for 150 than throw for 400.

At the end of the day, qbs are still qbs. You dare them to run all game long, they'll eventually get impatient and force throws into coverage. And thats where you get em.
Sure.

The best thing to do to a QB is to confuse him by keeping him off-balanced by showing different looks pre-snap and post-snap. This is especially true for a guy like Vick who's strength isn't reading defenses as a guy who's more reactionary than most.

I just have visions of him slipping around a blitzer and either throwing a bomb after scramble rules or getting huge chunks of yardage against a bunch of DBs with their backs towards him.

Following this report:

Quote:
Michael Vick admitted that he was only 25-30 percent comfortable in the offense at this time last year.
For the first time since going to prison, Vick has had a full offseason to work as a starting quarterback. He now says he's about 90 percent comfortable.
I'm pretty excited. He really didn't have an offseason last year and now McCoy, DJax, and Maclin are all happy and healthy.

I'm usually not one to follow the public in terms of hyping up certain teams, but the public may be right in favoring Philly. The D should be better and with a healthy Vick they should be one of the top teams in the league.

Like the Heat. First year struggled, second year they get it.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote