Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What do you people think of the Hall of Fame voting process?

I'm not sure how it compares to other sports, but I was listening to the Rich Eisen Podcast and he was talking to Joe Horrigan, the vice president of communications and exhibits for the Hall of Fame. They had a fairly interesting discussion that eventually drifted into the theory of some people not nominating certain players because they may have rubbed the media the wrong way or whatever. This has led to some belief to maybe why players like Cris Carter have been left out for years and why guys like Curtis Martin have gotten in so quickly. Joe Horrigan reassured Eisen that at the Pro Football Hall of Fame they are quite strict about advising the people that do vote to not include anything having to do with a player's persona, off the field issues good or bad into their voting decision-making. Apparently they reiterate this countless times.

Well I'm not so sure about the voters going that route (although I'm sure it's happened a few times), but what do you think of the entire process? From how the voters are chosen to the actual decision making procedure? I'm not so clear on it myself, but it is explained on the podcast if you want to listen. I happened to be drawing at the time so I wasn't paying attention 100%.

http://richeisen.nfl.com/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you mean, "you people?"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
What do you mean, "you people?"
Damnit. I was just about to post that. Why you always jackin my swagger TH?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Damnit. I was just about to post that. Why you always jackin my swagger TH?

Because both of our swaggers are rooted into our rich African heritage?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote