Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 06-19-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Anyone know where his contract rank among safeties?
It's got to be a top 10 of all safeties type contract. Maybe top 5.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get better consistency from Griffin (which goes hand in hand with the pressure we need on QB's), we have a top S. I'm not jumping for joy, but I'm happy to see him stay and get more chances to prove himself.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
It's got to be a top 10 of all safeties type contract. Maybe top 5.
Here are the official numbers on Griffin's contract:
Signing Bonus: $9 million
-- Year One: $2.5 million
-- Year Two: $3.5 million
-- Year Three: $6.2 million
-- Year Four: $6.3 million
-- Year Five: $6.5 million
[$15 million guaranteed]

The contract numbers (5 years, $35 million) sound huge and seem disproportionate to Griffin's play last season. In fact, when I first heard those numbers, I was disappointed -- thinking the front-office had really overpayed for Griff's services. But after seeing the yearly breakdown, this seems like a much more reasonable deal. In fact, it seems like a 2-year (maybe 3-year) extension rather than a big 5-year deal. After all, unless Griff becomes a dominant FS, it's very unlikely that he'll remain on the team after those first three seasons. If we cut him after the third season, we'll still owe him a little bit of guaranteed money but not much, and we can pay that over the following two seasons very easily.

Basically...I don't think it's an awesome deal for the Titans, but I also don't think it's a terrible deal either -- especially considering the relative lack of FS on the market. Just my $.02...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Here are the official numbers on Griffin's contract:
Signing Bonus: $9 million
-- Year One: $2.5 million
-- Year Two: $3.5 million
-- Year Three: $6.2 million
-- Year Four: $6.3 million
-- Year Five: $6.5 million
[$15 million guaranteed]

The contract numbers (5 years, $35 million) sound huge and seem disproportionate to Griffin's play last season. In fact, when I first heard those numbers, I was disappointed -- thinking the front-office had really overpayed for Griff's services. But after seeing the yearly breakdown, this seems like a much more reasonable deal. In fact, it seems like a 2-year (maybe 3-year) extension rather than a big 5-year deal. After all, unless Griff becomes a dominant FS, it's very unlikely that he'll remain on the team after those first three seasons. If we cut him after the third season, we'll still owe him a little bit of guaranteed money but not much, and we can pay that over the following two seasons very easily.

Basically...I don't think it's an awesome deal for the Titans, but I also don't think it's a terrible deal either -- especially considering the relative lack of FS on the market. Just my $.02...
Good breakdown and analysis. I think it's a good deal for both parties and agree that it looks like it's only a 3 year deal.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was surprised to read that Griff is our longest tenured defensive player.

I like the contract a lot. We get Griff for 3 mil a year for two years, and if in that time he reverts back to Pro Bowl form, then he's worth the 6 mil a year he'd then be coming into. If not, then we can cut him. Smart play by Webster and Reinfeldt.

His play depends on the pass-rush. If we fix that in the next two seasons, then not only is this contract is a proper one, but we keep a good player.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good contract for Griff IMO, especially if the pass rush improves. Griff has more CB in him than Safety and is best when he can just play the pass. It'd still be nice to get a big time SS to pair with him
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It'd still be nice to get a big time SS to pair with him
ERIC-REID
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP
ERIC-REID
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP

Although, Babineaux deserves a metric buttload of respect from us.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be cool to have landed Barron. But Babs played well last year, I'm happy with our S's, our d-line just needs to do a better job and I think the entire secondary looks better.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only we had tanked the year we started 0-6. We coulda had Eric Berry...

*sighs*
Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Would be cool to have landed Barron. But Babs played well last year, I'm happy with our S's, our d-line just needs to do a better job and I think the entire secondary looks better.
I think Barron got over-drafted, personally. I could definitely be wrong, but I thought he was a late first rounder from the start of the season and that didn't change when the hype started.

But I am immensely biased against lots of SEC players, but he was a safety on a stacked defense. That worries me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

*sighs*
:(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

He may have been ovedrafted, but I think he woulda been worth #20. But I'm happy with the direction the front office took with Wright to help open up the offense and then giving Griff the long term deal.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
ERIC-REID
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP
ERIC-REID
CLAP-CLAP-CLAPCLAPCLAP

Although, Babineaux deserves a metric buttload of respect from us.
If the Titans get Reid next year in the draft, this will be the gif:

Quote:

*sighs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 07-03-2012 at 07:24 PM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Also, just some cool news, the Titans are giving away a ticket to every person who participates in the St. Jude 5K Marathon coming up in August at LP Field. They give you the choice of one of the three divisional home games. In case some of ya'll don't know, I'm a cancer survivor and went to St. Jude to receive my treatment when I was 11 years old. They not only provided my treatment for free, but also provided me and my mom housing, grocery money, and reimbursed us gas money whenever we would make the trip back home to Chattanooga. They pretty much took care of our every need, and had a support system to turn an otherwise horrible ordeal into something more conquerable. It's a spectacular place that's very dear to me, so for you guys around Nashville, it's not only a way to get a free ticket, but also support a great cause. SO DO IT!
Just signed up. Got my ticket for the Texans home game.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*sigh*

If Jake Locker doesn't pan out I have nothing to live for anymore.

**** you Kenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
*sigh*

If Jake Locker doesn't pan out I have nothing to live for anymore.

**** you Kenny.
You need some meds bro? lol

Kenny was just involved in an "incident". The Titans are aware of the situation and are gathering facts. In other news, the sky is blue and the earth is round.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Facts? Goodell don't need no stinkin' facts.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Kendall Wright finally signed. 4 years 8.8 million with about half guaranteed.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Kendall Wright finally signed. 4 years 8.8 million with about half guaranteed.
Sweet! We need him as our WR situation has become horrible. So sad about OJ Murdock :(
Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Sooo, I'm not gonna lie. Jake Locker looked pretty bad tonight. Tried to force way too many passes and was picked off a few times. Matt Hasselbeck looked just ok.

The running game did look much improved though. CJ looked like he was running hard, and Ringer and Harper even had some nice runs.

Jordan Babineaux and the linebackers looked pretty good in coverage. Babs especially.

Jared Cook sure had a lot of drops tonight. Some were tough catches, but they did hit him in the hands for the most part.

Akeem Ayers was super fast in pass rush drills.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I expect Hasslebeke to start this year. I imagine Locker still needs more time. But it sounds like there's been a lot of drops in camp, get the jugs machine ready!

I hope the talk of Ayers becoming a benefit to the pass rush is true. Dude had showed some skills there in college.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yup, I figure Hass will start the year and Locker will end it. When the switch takes place will probably depend on our record. If we're in the playoff race, then it's Hass. If we start out cold, then Locker is in.

I'm not too worried about Locker. I think he's the type of player that when the lights come on and he's out on the field, he's a different player than he was during drills. So him struggling in practice isn't too much of a worry. Nevertheless, hopefully he improves if not just because I'd like to see him win the starting job.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Locker only had 2 bad practices and he followed it up the next two days by going 16 of 20 and 20 of 23. The practices I saw in person he was great.

Also, Eugene Amano is out for the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Amano is done for the season with a right triceps tear. I was hoping we'd have someone else win the C spot, but it sucks he can't even compete. I guess I'm rooting for Velasco to win, dude is a strong run blocker.

ninja'd :o

Last edited by Bobo : 08-04-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Amano being out for the year is interesting. Say what you want about him, but he was pretty good about keeping guys out of Hass's face last year. If we lose that benefit, then having an athletic guy like Locker in there instead of Hass would be better. That way we can work in rollouts to take the pressure off, and when the pressure is there, Locker can avoid it much better than Hass ever could.

Fernando Velasco vs Kevin Matthews should be fun to watch.

[Edit: This is the 9,000th post in these teams board forums. Neat!]

[Edited edit: Nevermind, that was the thread count. I feel less special. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 08-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

If it makes you feel better...then you are out of this world special!!! That work?