Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-01-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Ridiculously underrated signing this off-season. It was easily one of the best pickups in the NFL. Going to pay huge dividends. All of the free agents they brought in have made the team chemistry insanely better. It's amazing to see. Winston, Boss, Hillis, Quinn, et al. They're the ones rallying the roster and voicing the greatness of the organization and coaching staff.
This is a criminally overlooked ingredient. In 2009 the team showed up for OTA, mini and training camp with some serious conditioning issues. In 2010 everyone showed up on time and at weight. Last season we let a ton of leadership go, notably Waters from the offense and Vrable from the defense. With a shortened TC and preseason the team did not have that leadership replaced by kick off time. After two blow out losses they got their act together, but the tone for the season was already in place.

This year the tone seems to be the way Baldwin looked when he hit OTA. Compare Bowe and his showe. Among the newcomers, Winston particularly is expected to be good. Since Albert is the senior player with 4 years, that is important. Moreover the leaders are young. No one on the roster is over 30. We were very inconsistent last season. I look for more professionalism this year.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything coming out of training camp just sounds so awesome right now. This team is ready to ******* win some games. Doesn't seem to be a weak link anywhere on the roster at this point. The only spot that didn't get addressed to my liking is backup C.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everything coming out of training camp just sounds so awesome right now. This team is ready to ******* win some games. Doesn't seem to be a weak link anywhere on the roster at this point. The only spot that didn't get addressed to my liking is backup C.
The most important position in football.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everything coming out of training camp just sounds so awesome right now. (A) This team is ready to ******* win some games. Doesn't seem to be a weak link anywhere on the roster at this point. (B) The only spot that didn't get addressed to my liking is backup C.
(A) Everything coming out of every training camp sounds awesome.

(B) Quarterback.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love where this team is and the direction the team is going. however, training camp is always a peaches 'n cream bubblefest. no one has anything bad to say and everything is going like clockwork. i'm waiting until at least the 2nd preseason game to give any evaluations
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Baldwin should all ready be in the HOF and Bowe sucks and shouldn't even be in the NFL...
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Apparently Baldwin should all ready be in the HOF and Bowe sucks and shouldn't even be in the NFL...
You know how it goes with those two Splat.

And fyi, Flowers was carted off yesterday but it was revealed he only has a foot bruise. He won't miss significant time.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i love where this team is and the direction the team is going. however, training camp is always a peaches 'n cream bubblefest. no one has anything bad to say and everything is going like clockwork. i'm waiting until at least the 2nd preseason game to give any evaluations
And I agree with this. I am very excited to see some of these new pieces in game situations though, that's for damn sure. Baldwin, Bair, Winston, Moeaki (if they let him in there), Boss, etc. I want to see them in the preseason, and there are some standouts in camp I'm really interested to see. Stanzi, Hemmingway (hell, the receivers in general), I want to see Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson, and above all else, Poe.

I guess I'm just too damn excited for the preseason.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

yep
if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I've heard is his focus is better, he's grasping the playbook, and has looked good catching the ball. Isn't that what you want to hear out of your 2nd year WR? I don't see what's wrong with that at all. Sure this is the "fluff" time of year but personally I don't see how you can translate stuff like "having a better grasp on the playbook and mental focus" as a fluff piece, it'd be encouraging to me.

He is a 1st round pick after all. If people project him to break out this year I really don't think it's all that crazy. Unless you guys would prefer to hear Baldwin was dropping everything in sight, out of shape, and showing up late for meetings? Though anybody who underrates Bowe is questionable to me. He certainly isn't Calvin Johnson but he's extremely talented and 95% of teams would love to have a guy of his talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm not down on Baldwin at all but the Bowe bashing is rubbing me the wrong way. I was more referring to local radio stuff than anything on here.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh ok. I'm not able to get access to all that stuff, only whatever beat writers may tend to report. Then again I know it can get old when the whole attitude may be acting like Baldwin is going to cakewalk his way to Bowe's production like it's nothing. He's got a long way to go before he reaches that level and it's more then likely not happening this year(that's a bit unrealistic to expect a jump that big).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ahh ok. I'm not able to get access to all that stuff, only whatever beat writers may tend to report. Then again I know it can get old when the whole attitude may be acting like Baldwin is going to cakewalk his way to Bowe's production like it's nothing. He's got a long way to go before he reaches that level and it's more then likely not happening this year(that's a bit unrealistic to expect a jump that big).
That's the thing with me right there. Onejayhawk said Baldwin has hands Bowe could only dream of. Now I know Bowe has had problems with the drops in the past, but that statement is just ridiculous to me. Baldwin has like 21 NFL catches. Bowe has led this team in receptions, receiving yards and TDs the last three years.. give the man the credit he is due.

And I'm REALLY excited to see what Baldwin can do. I'm as high on him as most, but I'm not being ridiculous with it like some are. That's all I'm sayin.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not down on Baldwin at all but the Bowe bashing is rubbing me the wrong way. I was more referring to local radio stuff than anything on here.
same here, i hope Baldwin's the real deal as well but everyone needs to remember, even Cassel looks good in TC.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The local radio guys are such boobs. Even the Star writers are boobs.

Bowe isn't in camp because he doesn't have to be. Why would he be out there risking injury this early in the process and hurt his chances of securing a long-term contract? It's simple logic. He'll sign when he signs - hopefully he's ready to go when that time comes. Who's at fault that he doesn't have a contract? It takes three (team, player, agent) and my guess is if you want to blame anyone, blame the agent (considering the guy's track record). The Chiefs didn't franchise Bowe to just force him to play for them for one year. They wanted to get something done.

They also harp on the backup QBs a ton and talk down on Stanzi when all you hear from people who actually have experience evaluating players in practice are really good things.

And training camps are not always peaches & cream. There's nothing but positive vibes coming out of camp because there's nothing negative about the team right now. Things really are going super well and super smooth. From all reports, this is an incredibly good training camp and while you do usually hear mostly positive things out of training camps - not quite to this level.

Last edited by nepg : 08-02-2012 at 08:45 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can count me among the Bowe Bashers. I've long been critical of him since the Bowe Show existed. He is a me-first player, whose questionable hands have cost the team games in the past. There is no denying the physical talent is there, and he has been productive leading a dismal Chiefs receiving corps, but I feel he has left a lot out there on the field due to bone headed plays and lapses in concentration. We also have no reason to believe Bowe will be in shape when he signs his tender.

I've also been critical of Jon Baldwin, but the reports of his dedication this off season are something we have never seen from Bowe, and that gives me hope that perhaps Baldwin may reach nearer to his ceiling than Bowe will.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae - thanks for the Stanzi update. I am not trying to be obnoxious - he is just probably one of my favorite players - loved him in college.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Vidae - thanks for the Stanzi update. I am not trying to be obnoxious - he is just probably one of my favorite players - loved him in college.
No worries man, and you're not obnoxious at all. In the end I think he will win the backup job, I'm just not sure when. Preseason starts in a week though, so yay!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I think Stanzi's going to look good in pre-season this year. He got stuck playing with shitties last year and had no line. The reserves are vastly improved. I can't wait for those games to start so we can see everyone.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

My friend who actually knows how to evaluate players attended camp and wrote an article about the Chiefs.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-and-analysis
Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sorry, Matt Miller does not know how to evaluate players.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My friend who actually knows how to evaluate players attended camp and wrote an article about the Chiefs.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-and-analysis
Old 08-05-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Sorry, Matt Miller does not know how to evaluate players.
Sure he does. He's not always right in his predictions or projections (disagree with him all the time), but his evaluations of present situations are usually spot on. And it's a better take on that kind of stuff than you'll get from any of the immediate local media.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He is awful and so is Bleacher Report.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He is awful and so is Bleacher Report.
Why do you hurt me so?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote