Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant is a freak. Just made a sick leaping 1-hand catch over Orlando Scandrick.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant deep against Orlando Scandrick ... Toast

Todd Archer@toddarcher Subtle double move by Dez Bryant gives him edge on Orlando Scandrick for deep ball from Romo

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Rough practice for Scandrick continues. Ogeltree, operating out of the slot, beats him up the seam.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Add Donovan Kemp to the list of receivers to beat Orlando Scandrick today.

Calvin Watkins@calvinwatkins Orlando Scandrick has struggled this entire camp.

I could go on...Please dont make me pull out his stats from last year, they arent pretty
Those all have to do with yesterday... and who cares? If we went by training camp practices every guy to every make the NFL would be a hall of famer. Please don't be one of those guys who overreacts after 4 days of camp..

I bet you Jeremy Kearley has beaten Darrelle Revis over in Jets camp a couple times... so what? You also need to remember that the QB can't get sacked. They still throw it after 8 seconds in the pocket, so you need to take some things with a grain of salt.
TheFlash (CDCB) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
Those all have to do with yesterday... and who cares? If we went by training camp practices every guy to every make the NFL would be a hall of famer. Please don't be one of those guys who overreacts after 4 days of camp..

I bet you Jeremy Kearley has beaten Darrelle Revis over in Jets camp a couple times... so what? You also need to remember that the QB can't get sacked. They still throw it after 8 seconds in the pocket, so you need to take some things with a grain of salt.
Yeah your right, it was only yesterday. He was awesome last year giving up 70% completions which was top 10 worst in the entire league

When you come on here and say hes been having a good camp then be prepared to back it up. Pretty sure its been stated hes not!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah your right, it was only yesterday. He was awesome last year giving up 70% completions which was top 10 worst in the entire league

When you come on here and say hes been having a good camp then be prepared to back it up. Pretty sure its been stated hes not!
Cheap metric. He's a slot corner. You don't get to press the receiver and slot receivers have the entire route tree IN BOTH directions to defend while playing back off the line of scrimmage. All of the above leads to a higher completion percentage. Google yards per completion, yards after catch, etc. type of metrics and while Scandrick gives up a lot of completions he tackles them immediately and has a VERY low YPC (yards per completion) metric.

Scandrick completely shutting down the best slot WR in the game also seems to way against your sarcastic retort.

I'm in no way saying Scandrick is an amazing corner he's extraordinarily mid-level but he performs at a high level in the slot.

Lets play a quick game then. I'll list 5 target and stat lines you tell me which play fits where.

The players? Champ Bailey, Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, Orlando Scandrick, Terrence Newman. Go.

A)77 targets for 530 yards (6.8 yards per target)
B)61 targets for 536 yards (8.8 yards per target)
C)55 targets for 490 yards (8.9 yards per target)
D)81 targets for 689 yards (8.5 yards per target)
E)64 targets for 685 yards (10.7 yards per target)

Okay that's too easy to include Newman. He is of course E. How about the next worst? At a very lovely 8.9 yards per target... C) Kyle Wilson. Next up? Has to be Scandrick right? Nope. That honor goes to B) Champ Bailey. No way that Scandrick averages almost 2 yards per target less than Joe Haden?!?! Indeed he does. D) Joe Haden averaged 8.5 yards per target while the "less than stellar" Scandrick averaged 6.8 yards per target.

Keep an eye on the targets in the list as well. Scandrick was the second most targeted CB on that list above and yet his average yard per reception was much higher.

He isn't going to rack up INTs and he WILL give up a lot of receptions however he's a sure tackler and does not get burnt deep.

On a non-Scandrick note :( We passed on signing Holland despite reports he was far and away the best tryout and signed Loper and Dockery (again)...

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-04-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Orlando Scandrick has been getting beat like he stole something. Not just by Dez and Austin either, EVERYBODY is smoking him. Oh and BTW our Oline STILL sucks!! Im seeing 9-7 at best if we dont get this fixed.
Glad we pay him like a starter. Another Jerrah brilliant move.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scandrick has been getting beaten for awhile now, I don't know anything about the stats but that's what I've seen with my own eyes. That said, not much we could do about it but what we did, go and get 2 more CB's. I think the Eagles MAY win the division, if Vick can stay healthy. But FWIW I see all the top 3 teams in our division between 9-11 wins.

That's the difference between a few balls bouncing the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scandrick has given us plenty of headaches in his career. More than the highlights, that's for sure. Not gonna disagree with Bob here, cause it's in line with what I initially thought anyways, but that contract was stupid ridiculous for Scandrick. But Bob... it wasn't a Jerruh signing. It was Stephen.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant is a freak. Just made a sick leaping 1-hand catch over Orlando Scandrick.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Dez Bryant deep against Orlando Scandrick ... Toast

Todd Archer@toddarcher Subtle double move by Dez Bryant gives him edge on Orlando Scandrick for deep ball from Romo

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Rough practice for Scandrick continues. Ogeltree, operating out of the slot, beats him up the seam.

Tim MacMahon@espn_macmahon Add Donovan Kemp to the list of receivers to beat Orlando Scandrick today.

Calvin Watkins@calvinwatkins Orlando Scandrick has struggled this entire camp.

I could go on...Please dont make me pull out his stats from last year, they arent pretty
Sexy Dezzy! He's gonna go OFF this year!
Old 08-04-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Scandrick has given us plenty of headaches in his career. More than the highlights, that's for sure. Not gonna disagree with Bob here, cause it's in line with what I initially thought anyways, but that contract was stupid ridiculous for Scandrick. But Bob... it wasn't a Jerruh signing. It was Stephen.
Never Jerruh's fault.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-- Felix Jones returned to action today and looked lightning fast in the passing drills. He blew past all the linebackers and safeties with ease. Forget about the conditioning drill. He's the number two running back, without a doubt.

Also good news as Rafael Vela gave Parnell a glowing review after winning every single 1v1 today. Big credits to Bill Callahan.

Sorry can't resist another jab.

Quote:
espn_macmahon Orlando Sandrick, who struggled yesterday, makes a play. Picked an out from Romo intended for Holmes.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that scares me, i might have to myself, u would think he would learn from dear old dad that giving a guy a contract extension isn't necessarily going to make him play better, but that apple never falls far from the tree

but that being said i don't think scandrick is a bad player, he has limitations in his game. against the smaller quick guys in the slot he is very good, but when matched against bigger receivers he's totally mismatched and loses confidence, plus he's not good at making plays on the ball in the air in man coverage

if were in the afc east and had to play against the patriots, the bills or the jets he would be an ideal in the slot b/c he's good vs the the dink and dunk routes

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-04-2012 at 07:03 PM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He isn't going to rack up INTs and he WILL give up a lot of receptions however he's a sure tackler and does not get burnt deep.
the only thing i disagree with, scandrick does get beat deep thats why play in the slot where most of recievers don't have deep speed and usually quick shifty guys who run short to intermediate. everything else i agree but ive seen scandrick get beat downfield when teams attack him there for example....

tj houshmanzoudeh when he played for seattle two years ago caught quite a few ball runnin down the seam, steve smith destroyed him in the new stadium opener against giants on sunday night, and of course the catch that ended the cowboys season this year when victor cruz completely mossed him. i could go on but im sure u get the picture

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-04-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap....
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...hammy_0 80412

Here’s the list of players on the injury report as the Cowboys get ready for Sunday’s intra-squad scrimmage.

WR Miles Austin – Was held out of the end of Saturday’s practice after tweaking his hamstring. Stephen Jones said the team is not concerned, but he missed six games last year with hamstring injuries, not to mention most of training camp.

RB Lance Dunbar - Sat on the sidelines without pads during team drills Saturday with a tight hamstring. Dunbar said “I can’t afford to miss any preseason games.”

TE John Phillips – Midway through Saturday’s practice, he limped into the locker room with an ankle injury. Jones said he doesn’t anticipate the club signing a new tight end right now.

DE Marcus Spears – Team doctors administered a concussion test during Saturday’s practice. after leaving the field, Spears said: “I’ll see in the morning how I feel.”

CB Morris Claiborne – Sprained his MCL during practice Wednesday. He tried to play through it Friday, but left before team drills and had an MRI. Claiborne said he should be ready in a week.

G Mackenzy Bernadeau – Passed his physical and was taken off PUP on Saturday. Has yet to practice once with the club because of hip surgery he underwent soon after signing as a free agent in March. He is also working back from a minor knee scope late in the offseason.

WR Danny Coale – Moved off PUP on Saturday after passing physical. NFLPA rules state players still must sit out three days, so because of Wednesday’s off day, his first practice should be Thursday.

RB Phillip Tanner – Will fly to Dallas for surgery on his right hand on Sunday, but may be able to return in a week or two.

WR Saalim Hakim – chipped a bone in his left ring finger on Friday and will go with Tanner to see a hand specialist on Sunday. He’ll miss roughly a week.

G Nate Livings – Sustained a hamstring injury that will sideline him for the scrimmage Sunday and possibly a day or two after that.

OLB Anthony Spencer – Sitting out with a hamstring injury he tweaked on Friday. Likely won’t play in the scrimmage and could miss a few days next week.

DE Jason Hatcher – Held out of Saturday’s practice with slight hamstring injury.

CB Mike Jenkins – Still not practicing because of shoulder injury that required surgery back in January. Could be two weeks away from returning, but seems to be making good progress in his conditioning.

FS Matt Johnson - Off the PUP list but hasn’t practiced with the team yet after recovering from a hamstring injury. He’s been mostly doing workouts with resistance cords on the sideline at practice.

SS Gerald Sensabaugh –First practice back in pads after being held out for knee injury. Underwent minor scope back in early July.

DE Tyrone Crawford – Returned to practice after missing some time Friday with a slight knee injury.

DT Jay Ratliff – The Cowboys are being overly cautious with his foot injury, diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. He’s gone through some of the walk-through practices, but it’s unlikely he will be turned loose anytime soon.

G Kevin Kowalski – Wearing a hard cast up to his knee although it’s diagnosed as an ankle injury. He is still on PUP and likely won’t get the chance to practice for another 2-3 weeks, if not longer.

G Bill Nagy – Suffered a high-ankle sprain early in camp and should miss 2-4 weeks. Wearing a walking boot.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

That injury report is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Never Jerruh's fault.
Not true. I bash him plenty. Even if we just talk about this offseason. The crappy way he thinks he addressed our OG, C and S positions. Puke. We still lack a NT after never having a good one since moving to the 3-4. ...and no I wasn't a fan of Ferguson being a 2 gap NT. He never was that. I hate Jerruh's loud mouth this summer. I have MAJOR question marks about this year's draft. After Mo, it kinda went all down hill from there. I have no confidence in the rest. If they pan out, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but our NFC East counterparts...especially the Eagles... conquered the draft!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFlash (CDCB) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

From today:

Quote:
* It was Scandrick’s best day of training camp. In addition to the pick, he had two pass breakups, leaping to knock down a pass to Bryant in the end zone during 7-on-7 drills and batting away a slant to Kevin Ogletree.
Don't overreact to a training camp practice.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash View Post
From today:

Don't overreact to a training camp practice.
Yeah, I agree. Scandrick's play in training camp last year was so good it got him that ridiculous contract. People get fooled by training camps all the time. Phil Costa got Garrett good last year and we paid dearly.

Welcome to our forum btw!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
TheFlash (CDCB)
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Scandrick's play in training camp last year was so good it got him that ridiculous contract. People get fooled by training camps all the time. Phil Costa got Garrett good last year and we paid dearly.

Welcome to our forum btw!
Thanks. Miles Austin just tweeked a hammy again... They say it isn't serious, but this is really starting to piss me off.

The silver lining is that all of these guys besides Nagy and Kowalski should be back by the 2nd pre-season game, but they are all still missing out on valuable practice time and aren't getting in football shape, especially Claiborne.

Let's just hope Dez, DeMarco, and Bruce Carter don't get hurt. They need these practices the MOST.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That injury report is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary!
Scary, but I'll take these little nicks and bruises over any serious ones. It's hurting practices and reps, buuuuuttt...most of these are minor luckily.

I think Scandrick is getting a bad rap. He's pretty decent in the slot, the next year or two will be paramount obviously...but I'm one that believes he can be a great slot corner.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Scary, but I'll take these little nicks and bruises over any serious ones. It's hurting practices and reps, buuuuuttt...most of these are minor luckily.
On the other hand all these small injuries can be a good thing. There is good top-line talent, but the depth is a major question mark. Hopefully we'll see who can be counted on to step when someone goes down, like murray and robinson did last year

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 08-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said this a few times already, but once again I feel like WR is going to end up a bigger problem then we think. What happens when Austin misses a few games? Now we have Dez getting double coverage and a bunch of guys who have no career catches trying to fill in. We don't have anybody reliable as a #2 guy.

It's a big concern for me for an offense that operates pass first and utilizes the pass to open up the run lanes. If that were to happen, Garrett has got to get his head out of his ass and start to run the ball a lot more with both backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he will. When Murray was healthy and tearing it up, you guys ran the ball a lot more.

I was surprised you guys didn't draft a WR, but I don't doubt Romo, he'll find someone on the roster and make em better.

I do expect to see more 2 TE sets this year.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think he will. When Murray was healthy and tearing it up, you guys ran the ball a lot more.

I was surprised you guys didn't draft a WR, but I don't doubt Romo, he'll find someone on the roster and make em better.

I do expect to see more 2 TE sets this year.
more?....I'm not sure I buy that. We lost Martellus...and Hannah doesn't look like he is going to be anything more than a special teamer this year. Phillips just went down to injury...not sure how bad. But if anything you'll see the cowboys spread it out a bit more...with Witten out in the slot. If we are running more 2 te sets than last year...we sure as hell better have some depth....something we don't have right now.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm. I didn't know Phillips was hurt. How about your fullbacks? Why can't you run more IForm?

IForm is such a dying formation in the league, which stinks bc I love IForm.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

If anynody wants to watch todays scrimmage, heres the link

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ev...7-fd6beff1b7ba

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If anynody wants to watch todays scrimmage, heres the link

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ev...7-fd6beff1b7ba
Are you seeing it? I'm not seeing it.