Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-30-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I've shot a number of guns (a friend is former Army and has a serious collection) but don't have one yet. I think I would be happy with just one handgun and one rifle or shotgun that I could go put rounds through occasionally and otherwise have on-hand for protection purposes. It is just kind of far down on the financial importance list right now.

What would you guys suggest as a solid, versatile, not-too-expensive handgun? I am ok w/9mm but might prefer .40. I also actually really enjoy shooting revolvers.
My dad has a "Judge" revolver which is fun as hell. Chambered for either .45 Long Colts or .410 shotgun rounds. He likes to take it rabbit hunting chambed with 6 shot .410 rounds. That way, if you're hunting with other people, when you're driving them out of brush (which usually involves you getting in the brush) you don't have a full length shotgun which can be unwieldy in that situation. (.410 rounds don't have a lot of shot, but you only need to hit a rabbit with one or two pieces of shot in the head or vitals to kill it. The range is also usually very short too.)

It was pretty cheap too. My mom, brother and I all went in on it for his 50th birthday present. I think it was around $350 which ain't bad.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting a rifle or shotgun next. Decided to save up a bit more and have around $6-800tl to drop.

I also really want a 1911. The Rock Island GI 1911 seems to get a lot of love.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm getting a rifle or shotgun next. Decided to save up a bit more and have around $6-800tl to drop.

I also really want a 1911. The Rock Island GI 1911 seems to get a lot of love.
If you're going to get a 1911, you always get a Colt. Don't let anyone else fool you into thinking otherwise.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If you're going to get a 1911, you always get a Colt. Don't let anyone else fool you into thinking otherwise.
Yea I'd love a Colt. Down the road maybe, one of my coworkers has the Kimber Raptor and its just gorgeous.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My dad has a "Judge" revolver which is fun as hell. Chambered for either .45 Long Colts or .410 shotgun rounds. He likes to take it rabbit hunting chambed with 6 shot .410 rounds. That way, if you're hunting with other people, when you're driving them out of brush (which usually involves you getting in the brush) you don't have a full length shotgun which can be unwieldy in that situation. (.410 rounds don't have a lot of shot, but you only need to hit a rabbit with one or two pieces of shot in the head or vitals to kill it. The range is also usually very short too.)

It was pretty cheap too. My mom, brother and I all went in on it for his 50th birthday present. I think it was around $350 which ain't bad.
Is this it? It seems comically large.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

That's the longer barreled variety. They make it in a shorter one as well.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently applied to get my license, but it won't do me much good if I can't convince my wife to actually let me get a gun.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks more reasonable and less like something that would shoot confetti and a tiny flag with "BANG!" written on it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's the longer barreled variety. They make it in a shorter one as well.

Oooooh....me want!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

What brand is it? Taurus?

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Looks like a Taurus. Was looking at their. 44 mag and they look exactly like that.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My wife really wants me to buy a gun. She saw me shoot a pistol the other day and realized I wasn't lying when I told her I'm a very good shot. I just don't feel like dropping a few hundred bucks on a gun right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Lucky mofos...I wanna shoot all them guns but CA rly hit the crapper after NoHo '97
I would never move to CA to many gun laws. Like with my glock 19 I couldnt have my 15 and 33 round mags only 10.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
I would never move to CA to many gun laws. Like with my glock 19 I couldnt have my 15 and 33 round mags only 10.
My dad got lucky and bought his Sig before 97 so he has his 15rd mags but I only got 10rda mags for my Glock 21. My friend's sister also bought a .50 cal rifle and now they're illegal too.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-30-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
What brand is it? Taurus?
Yeah, it's a Taurus. They advertise it as a good self defense gun if loaded with .410s since they won't penetrate walls/doors/etc.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't talk about guns on the internet. Or cell phones.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought

Smith & Wesson 29-2 6'5

Can't wait to take it out to the rang.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a Glock 26 and bought like a magazine that has like 30 rounds in it at the gun show and it is awesome. I am thinking of putting a lasermax laser on it as well. I am saving up for a Beneli Super Black Eagle II but they are expensive. It may take some time to get up there. They are semi-automatic and can shoot 3'' magnum shells as well. $1500 is the one bad part. Could get a Remington for like $300.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 08-05-2012 at 01:58 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is this it? It seems comically large.

I don't even want to know what the kick would be like with that.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I have a Glock 26 and bought like a magazine that has like 30 rounds in it at the gun show and it is awesome. I am thinking of putting a lasermax laser on it as well. I am saving up for a Beneli Super Black Eagle II but they are expensive. It may take some time to get up their. They are semi-automatic and can shoot 3'' magnum shells as well. $1500 is the one bad part. Could get a Remington for like $300.
What gen is your 26? 33 rounds is what it holds. I have a few of those as well for zombies.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
My wife really wants me to buy a gun.
That's something you don't hear everyday. You're a lucky man.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
What gen is your 26? 33 rounds is what it holds. I have a few of those as well for zombies.
It is a generation 3. Is the 4 much better that it would be worth getting one?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is a generation 3. Is the 4 much better that it would be worth getting one?
Some people have had ejection problems (brass to head) but Glock has came out with a new extractor and RSA. I still have the old ones in my 19 and I get brass to the head every now and again with weak plinking ammo. The mag release button is bigger which I love it's really easy to switch out mags compared to the gen 3s. The grip fits my had better (also comes with 2 back straps to make the grip larger if you need, I don't) and the texture of the grip IMO is better than the 3s. Other things that are different is the duel RSA and it comes with 3 mags instead of just the 2 you get with the gen 3. It's all up to you really, go and check it out see how it feels in you hand and the new RSA is 0-4-3 the ejector is 30274.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I carry a Walther PK380. It's a nice little gun, but I'm looking to get a Beretta PX4 Storm compact .40 to replace it.

I also have a Mossberg 12 gauge, Remington Model II 20 gauge semi auto, Winchester 30-30, and a Martin .22 rifle.

The 20 gauge, 30-30 and .22 were all given to me by my grandpa. Nice old guns.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a Glock 26 and bought like a magazine that has like 30 rounds in it at the gun show and it is awesome. I am thinking of putting a lasermax laser on it as well. I am saving up for a Beneli Super Black Eagle II but they are expensive. It may take some time to get up there. They are semi-automatic and can shoot 3'' magnum shells as well. $1500 is the one bad part. Could get a Remington for like $300.
I have the Super Black Eagle II. Best shotty I've ever had. Just took it to Argentina and put 2500 shells through it in 5 days. It didn't skip a beat. Fantastic gun.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote